Just how to you get a cabin upgraded?

dchan865

Hi folks,

Just got curious question, hopefully this doesn't silly. We've never received or been asked if we wanted our cabin upgraded on any of our cruises before when we are onboard.

Just exactly how you do it? Do you just ask the correct ship staff or hope they offer you an upgrade at a reduce price?

We were just upgraded on our upcoming B2B cruise. We didn't ask for it, they sent an email and asked if we'd be interested in taking an upgraded cabin for two weeks.

I'm guessing that they are still hoping to sell a few more cabins, and it's easier to sell the least expensive ones (which is what we had booked) as they get close to the sail date.

We were just upgraded on our upcoming B2B cruise. We didn't ask for it, they sent an email and asked if we'd be interested in taking an upgraded cabin for two weeks.

I'm guessing that they are still hoping to sell a few more cabins, and it's easier to sell the least expensive ones (which is what we had booked) as they get close to the sail date.

Is this from Category B to A on the Windsurf? It's nice to get the upgrade, but I think you will find no difference. Cabins are totally the same, just different decks. Now, an upgrade to a suite would be nice. Keep your fingers crossed.

Is this from Category B to A on the Windsurf? It's nice to get the upgrade, but I think you will find no difference. Cabins are totally the same, just different decks. Now, an upgrade to a suite would be nice. Keep your fingers crossed.

Yes, B to A. I know there's no difference in the cabins, but it will be nicer to have one less flight of stairs. :)

I agree another upgrade to a suite would be nice, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. We'll be happy with what we have as it's so port intensive and even on our two sea days we've got seminars to attend, so I don't expect any real downtime like we've had on our Caribbean/Bahamas adventures.

Booked early saver with CCL and the recent sale caused my category price to drop. In the form to submit for the price difference it asks if I want OBC or an upgrade. As there are not a lot of differences between balconies other then deck, I took the $360 OBC and will enjoy making new friends at the fan tail bar.

ChipQ. http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Most pax will do it themselves. Keep an eagle eye out for price drops at either your TA or cruiseline. Then when for example balconies go for the same price as the insides were, rebook into the higher category and voila! you got an upgrade or in fact an upsell.

Posters of your cruiseline will alert for price drops, or of your roll call or for any alerts you have enrolled with like Cruise Critic and others that sent e-mail promotions.

It is you who will have to notify your TA about the change or if booked direct check if the price is set by the cruise line.

You will also have to check if it is for new bookings only or if an existing booking is allowed to price drop/upgrade.

As mentioned book a guarantee and sometimes you will be upgraded although the draw back is you might end up with a cabin in an undesirable location.

Sometimes if the ship is not filled you may also get an upgrade.

Keith

Hi folks,

Just got curious question, hopefully this doesn't silly. We've never received or been asked if we wanted our cabin upgraded on any of our cruises before when we are onboard.

Just exactly how you do it? Do you just ask the correct ship staff or hope they offer you an upgrade at a reduce price?

Are you asking if the cruise line will upgrade you once on the ship? Very unlikely. Instead they will offer you an upsell if there are any cabins available. And it won't be a good deal.

Most cruise lines will do a flash sale if an itinerary is not selling well to get as many cabins filled as possible before the sailing date.

Hi folks,

If you really want a better cabin, pay for it.

I just got an upgrade today..Price went down $20 and I got a better room. All I did was watched prices and call and ask since the prices had been lowered for nicer rooms then I had paid for. No problem, took about 5 minutes of my time.

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas sailing June 1. Still lots of rooms left!

Are you asking if the cruise line will upgrade you once on the ship? Very unlikely. Instead they will offer you an upsell if there are any cabins available. And it won't be a good deal.

Most cruise lines will do a flash sale if an itinerary is not selling well to get as many cabins filled as possible before the sailing date.

That's correct.

Archived