Pillow menu?

silkhair1

My sister told me she had a pillow menu on her Celebrity cruise. I was wondering if I had to bring my body pillow or do they have those on the ship I can get? Thank you. I am in the concierge class on the Infinity if it matters in June.

My sister told me she had a pillow menu on her Celebrity cruise. I was wondering if I had to bring my body pillow or do they have those on the ship I can get? Thank you. I am in the concierge class on the Infinity if it matters in June.

Hi Silkhair,

Celebrity offers a Pillow Menu for Concierge Class Guests - though I must caution that I was unable to obtain my favorite pillow on our Eclipse sailing last month. I was told they were gone, on Day 1. Seems that some pillows are either in short supply, or in large demand. At first, I was a bit concerned - but it all worked out, as I was very pleased with the pillows in the cabin.

Here's a link to Celebrity's website, for Concierge amenities : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_concierge_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms . I hope this helps !

No pillow menu in Aqua on our Eclipse cruise earlier this month. In fact no mention of the Aqua perks at all.

My friend in a disabled suite did no better, no information at all of the suite perks in the cabin. the butler called whilst she was out and left his phone number, (Her husband was tired and was lying down). The butler did not follow it up, and was never seen again.

Richard

No pillow menu in Aqua on our Eclipse cruise earlier this month. In fact no mention of the Aqua perks at all.

My friend in a disabled suite did no better, no information at all of the suite perks in the cabin. the butler called whilst she was out and left his phone number, (Her husband was tired and was lying down). The butler did not follow it up, and was never seen again.

Richard

Are you saying that you didn't receive ANY perks being in Aqua-Class?? That would be mighty disappointing since I just upgraded to Aqua from Concierge. I hope I didn't make a mistake! Any comments?

no pillow menu in aqua on the equinox TA last month either...but no problem asking and receiving a temperpedic pillow. If you know what you want, ask the stateroom attendant the very first day and it will almost always appear....that is, if you are concierge or above.

Vered4

It was our sixth cruise in Aqua, so were well aware of the perks, not that we use many of them. Blu is the big atraction for us! We have had the same cabin on Eclipse every time, last year the 'book' was under the bed!, this year, no sign of it!

I have to say the stewards were the worst we have had to date on Celebrity, not bad, but not the usual excellent service.

Richard

Last June on the Solstice we were CC and thanks to these boards, I knew to ask about getting one of the temperpedic pillow. Did. Got it. Loved it so much on the cruise, got one when home and have been sleeping on it ever since that time. Works well. A good success story from this pillow menu program.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 81,835 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Just an FYI on the full body pillow...I requested and rec'd one on our Summit cruise in February. I was/am pregnant and needed it to sleep so I was excited to be able to use one on our trip. I want to warn you though, Celebrity's body pillows are HUGE (as in nearly as long as the bed is, literally) and they are extremely heavy. I have never seen a pillow that weighed that much or was that large. I was able to use it but it took up a TON of room and was a little hard to manuver due to it's weight (possibly not too bad normally? maybe my being pregnant and sleepy in the middle of the night was the issue...I found some nights if it fell off I just left it there rather than wrestle with it :D). If you have one that you are used to/comfortable with you might be better off just to bring it with you. Just my 2 cents!!

I didn't know about the menu on our first cruise so I just asked te steward as soon as we got into the cabin if we could have extra pillows. He asked what kind. I said "Um, the kind you sleep on..." and he handed me the menu. LOL

Our pillow menu was in the "Black Book" that is in the cabin along with the room service order card....

My black book was empty . Must have been a souvenier for a past guest in aqua!. I asked for it and was told I could get what i wanted from the TV. I was in AQ!! No room service cards or 'do not disturb 'sign

Another meaningless perk / fluff for Celebrity.

On the two S classes that I sailed on I was told both times that the pillows are there just choose what you like.

On the Summit it wasn't even mentioned by the room steward but there were a group of pillows. Couldn't feel any difference between any of them but out of the 4 there were various shapes.

Don't book AQ for the pillow menu.

Blu is the main attraction. The Persian Gardens is great on the S class but almost worthless on the M class.

The other perks don't really add up to much

Just an FYI on the full body pillow...I requested and rec'd one on our Summit cruise in February. I was/am pregnant and needed it to sleep so I was excited to be able to use one on our trip. I want to warn you though, Celebrity's body pillows are HUGE (as in nearly as long as the bed is, literally) and they are extremely heavy. I have never seen a pillow that weighed that much or was that large. I was able to use it but it took up a TON of room and was a little hard to manuver due to it's weight (possibly not too bad normally? maybe my being pregnant and sleepy in the middle of the night was the issue...I found some nights if it fell off I just left it there rather than wrestle with it :D). If you have one that you are used to/comfortable with you might be better off just to bring it with you. Just my 2 cents!!

Yeah, they are pretty big...

InfinityBoat17.jpg

Have never been CC, always get a regular balcony cabin and have never had a problem asking for and receiving a contoured temperpedic pillow on request the first day. I sleep with one at home due to neck issues and stateroom attendants have always been able to find me one...maybe the trick is asking first day when they're still available? Also, since there are usually a ton of pillows on the bed, if you need a body pillow, try a couple of the regular ones lined up end to end...not nearly so heavy and easier to manoever if you're like me and shift side to side through the night!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

no pillow menu in aqua on the equinox TA last month either...but no problem asking and receiving a temperpedic pillow. If you know what you want, ask the stateroom attendant the very first day and it will almost always appear....that is, if you are concierge or above.

I had same experience in Aqua on Solstice last month.

I have never physically seen a 'pillow menu' and I was in both CC and Aqua class last month. I just asked for the pillow I wanted and got it

I also asked 2 years ago when I was in an inside cabin and got both the pillow and a nice mattress topper!:D

Silkhair1, if you really want to carry your own pillow, go purchase the XXL space bag--the one that you can "roll" out the air. I think it will work for your pillow. I don't have a body pillow but I do use them to carry my small down throw and my pillow. Works every time...

On the Summit in concierge class two weeks ago. Pillows were flat like abrick. Requested fluffy pillows many times. Eventually after 5 days, went guest services and got one pillow with a bit of fluff. Forget the pillow menu. Bring your own. The pillow menu is a sham.

Archived