Carnival Glory - should I take the upgrade from Interior to Oceanview?

snowwmax

Is it REALLY and Upgrade? Cat4D to 6A,B,C on Glory?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is it REALLY and Upgrade? Cat4D to 6A,B,C on Glory?

• Cat4D-Deck 6-Interior-185sqft?
    • Cat6A/B/C-Deck 1 or 2-Oceanview-220sqft?

Hi All,

I am on the Carnival Glory in a 6 weeks or so... The price dropped on the oceanview rooms to less than my Interior Cat 4D room of 185 sq ft. - Deck 6. My current room is assigned while the Oceanview I will be upgraded to will not be assigned right away....

I know that on the Glory the Oceanview rooms are on the Riveira and Main decks (Deck 1 and 2) and they are bigger at 220 sq ft.

My question is this... Are those rooms louder due to being on the bottom part of the ship?

I know from the size standpoint it is a no brainer to upgrade... but the noise could be a game changer... Thoughts? - Vote :D

Hi All,

I am on the Carnival Glory in a 6 weeks or so... The price dropped on the oceanview rooms to less than my Interior Cat 4D room of 185 sq ft. - Deck 6.

I know that on the Glory the Oceanview rooms are on the Riveira and Main decks (Deck 1 and 2) and they are bigger at 220 sq ft.

My question is this... Are those rooms louder due to being on the bottom part of the ship?

I know from the size standpoint it is a no brainer to upgrade... but the noise could be a game changer... Thoughts? - Vote :D

I would def. take it! The oceanviews are such nice rooms. I didnt notice the oceanviews being louder..exactly which cabin number - and forward, mid or aft?

This exact location may factor in, but I've had two oceanviews and didn't have trouble with noise.

I would take it. Its nice to see out plus have the extra space.

Why would it be noisier on the lower decks..?? Not sure what you mean here. A lot can depend on getting quiet neighbors .. or being below a cabin vs being below the kitchen.

There are noisy areas on all decks, not just the lower decks.

We only get the Ocean View on the Riviera Deck and by the elevator. Never had a problem with the noise. We also pick mid ship. As long as there are rooms above you, noise will not be an issue. Our first cruise was a OV guarantee. Will not do that ever again. We pay the extra and pick our rooms. That OV guarantee landed us on the Riviera deck way in the back. Not too much of a problem, the first elevator took us right up to the Adults only part of the Lido deck. Where we ended up spending most of our time. But is was a long walk everytime we left the ship or went to a show. The main problem was everytime we docked, Five Ports, we had a great alarm clock. The ship's ropes being pulled from the ship to the dock. First morning it nearly knocked us out of our beds. No sleeping in for us on that first cruise.

So, see how much extra to get that room assignment and enjoy the Ocean View.

I would take a lower deck over a high one for convience. Easier to get on and off the ship!

Our riveria room WAS creaky (Freedom), but we loved the window. I almost think a window close to the water is better than a balcony.

We were in an aft cabin on the Glory above the propellers.

When the captain needed to make up time because of a late departure, the room literally shook with the noise of the propellers.

Hi All,

I am on the Carnival Glory in a 6 weeks or so... The price dropped on the oceanview rooms to less than my Interior Cat 4D room of 185 sq ft. - Deck 6. My current room is assigned while the Oceanview I will be upgraded to will not be assigned right away....

Riviera and Main are the two quietest decks on the ship. Only issue is if you are far forward when the ship docks there is some noise.

I would rather have an Inside in a location of MY choice than an OceanView... who knows where.

Motion is an issue for me (even in a car!) so I always like to get a stateroom lower on the ship... for smoother sailing.

But that's just me.

It's all good.

I just got off it's sister ship, the Freedom, and did get same upgrade as you are referring to. I was originally booked on an inside on deck 7 aft. When I saw the price drop about three weeks prior to cruising, I called our TA and she said I could get an OV for no extra charge on Main deck..right outside glass elevators (forward..room 2283). I loved this location and would book it again. Room was so quiet and peaceful and we loved looking out the window at the waves.

I say go for it!

Howdy,

Sounds like a good deal.

I've had both. Interior cabin is great

for late sleeping. OV is nice too, if same price.

Personally, I like to be near elevators in any case.

As far as noise, well, no ship is perfectly quiet.

Anchor drop at tender ports, mooring line drum noise

while docking, thruster vibes, prop vibes and even

work rooms on board can get your attention at times.

Try the OV...you may have a longer walk, maybe not.

:cool:

We had an OV on the Pride a couple years back. Loved it. I noticed no noise and found it to be very convenient. Very smooth because you are lower so feel less movement. Ask what rooms are available, look at the deck plans then make you decision based on that.

I would go for the upgrade as long as I could find a cabin close to the elevators. Mainly because I spend most of my time on the pool deck. I would go for the upgrade, for the extra room and the natural light.

Well my TA just called, I can have the upgrade and decided to go for it... My cabin is not yet assigned, but she told me that it should be assigned by Carnival in the next 5-7 days. Once it is assigned, she said I can change the room location to more of my liking

Thanks for all of your replies ;)

I will keep you posted as to what room I settle on... and post cruise review

We stayed in OV rooms 2293 and 2297 connecting rooms on main deck 2 for a cruise on the Glory in 2009...our friends were in an inside on deck 8 we def. had much more room and a sofa in each also..they had no room for a sofa and it was easy to get off for excursions..we just had to walk down the hall...while the elevators and stairwells were backed up for several decks. No noise and very little movement if at all. You will not regret it. And the window is so huge that two boys sat in it every day and watched the world go by!! they loved it :) It did have to be cleaned often when we were in port because of the sea spray but most of the time it was a clear view

I tried to attach a few pics. Hopefully it worked.

561.jpg.823452cf50fb5a62b81c6df2d32a69e0.jpg

663.jpg.27c5dcfc1b489b356d51316addfef4c8.jpg

664.jpg.718a210efd0e168c639dc7a814b9f7f1.jpg

558.jpg.76933e274a3e28f870ce76f932d39c79.jpg

564.jpg.972edf67ba0c5eb0b82fb9e04b6dd62b.jpg

So no only did I get an OV Guaranteed, but I also got an OBC of $110! Now total price for cruise is down to $1237! Sweet! :D

At this rate.... this cruise could get even cheaper -- haha.. but if not I am happy with this room / rate :)

Archived