Onboard Credit For Stock Ownership

Kenosha Cruiser

I'm thinking about buying 100 shares of Carnival Corp. stock to get extra onboard credit for Princess cruises I'll be taking this year. I Know this has been talked about in the past on the cruise critic forum, but where do you get the information for submiting forms and information in general to answer my questions. Been looking on the Carnival and Princess web sites, but can't find anything. Any help would be apprciated. Thanks!

Here is the link to the Carnival Corp website page that describes the shareholder benefit. Just click on it and it will open up a pdf file that gives you all the pertinent information.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Once you purchase the stock, prior to cruising you will need to send your proof of ownership either by fax or email. The email address is as follows:

shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Here is the link to the Carnival Corp website page that describes the shareholder benefit. Just click on it and it will open up a pdf file that gives you all the pertinent information.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Once you purchase the stock, prior to cruising you will need to send your proof of ownership either by fax or email. The email address is as follows:

shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

You can actually snail mail (remember that?) too. There is an address listed on the form.

Thanks Everyone

Once I purchase the stock, instead of E-mailing or doing the fax, I can just mail the proof of ownership to the addresss listed, right? The reason I ask is because I've had better luck just mailing my veteran forms and getting the onboard credit listed on my account very quickly. From what I've read on cruise critic, sometimes Princess is not good about confirming you sent a E-mail. Also one last question, is it true you can only send this information in 60 days before your cruise and not before. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Everyone

Once I purchase the stock, instead of E-mailing or doing the fax, I can just mail the proof of ownership to the addresss listed, right? The reason I ask is because I've had better luck just mailing my veteran forms and getting the onboard credit listed on my account very quickly. From what I've read on cruise critic, sometimes Princess is not good about confirming you sent a E-mail. Also one last question, is it true you can only send this information in 60 days before your cruise and not before. Thanks again for your help.

You submit after final payment has been credited to your account. I prefer faxing. Snail mail gets lost.

Also, you should not be submitting military docs after the first one. Princess now has it automatically listed on your account.

Thanks Everyone

I'm sailing in September. I mailed my info on Match 9th. By the end of March the OBC was in my account.

I cannot speak foe others, but that is what happened to me.

I'm sailing in September. I mailed my info on Match 9th. By the end of March the OBC was in my account.

I cannot speak foe others, but that is what happened to me.

I had a different experience just after you which was the same as what Pia posted & Princess said that it could only be issued after final payment. This was in late March for a cruise sailing in early November & after the expiration date was extended to 2013. With the average turnover rate for cabins being a minimum of 3 times I can understand this policy to not issue it before final payment

I suspect that whether it's processed before final payment or not has to do with how busy they are processing requests. Maybe in early March they were not as busy as when I applied in late March right after a great sale for repositioning cruisers in April were released which included a new April booking & request for me. I figured that since I was requesting for the April cruise I would also do it for the November cruise & was informed it would not be processed and to reapply after final payment

I had a different experience just after you which was the same as what Pia posted & Princess said that it could only be issued after final payment.

I figured that since I was requesting for the April cruise I would also do it for the November cruise & was informed it would not be processed and to reapply after final payment

Submitting it after final payment is proof that you still own the stock that much closer to the sail date.

Submitting it after final payment is proof that you still own the stock that much closer to the sail date.

I understand & agree with the policy but I was speculating about why it's application varies.

As you can read passengers who made similar requests at about the same time well in advance of final payment had 2 different experiences. I attribute the differences to either how busy they were processing requests or just a lack of consistently enforcing their policies.

I suspect they may not have been busy when 'AKman2495' requested but when I requested a couple weeks later they were enforcing the policy. As I posted previously, I agree with the policy to wait until after final payment however obviously how shareholder OBC is issued will vary.

Good timing on this question

Just got the confermation e-mail two hours ago

Just GOOGLE what you asked here

All the info comes up

They are a bit behind. Took 2 1/2

weeks. They send you an e mail

Confermation with the amount and you

Booking number

Also good for Cunard

Ann

The OBC is good from all the cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation. These include Princess, Carnival, HAL, Cunard, Costa and others.

Thanks for everyones input. My cruise is in November, so when I buy the stock (hopefully tomorrow) I will just mail in the proof of ownership with the rest of the information right away. If that doesn't work, I'll then send it in after final payment which is usually around 60 days before sailing. My wife and I have been doing at least 2 Princess cruises a year. Even if I don't make money on this stock, it will benefit us for the next several years with more onboard credits. We are now retired and want to cruise!!! Thanks again.

Thanks for everyones input. My cruise is in November, so when I buy the stock (hopefully tomorrow) I will just mail in the proof of ownership with the rest of the information right away. If that doesn't work, I'll then send it in after final payment which is usually around 60 days before sailing. My wife and I have been doing at least 2 Princess cruises a year. Even if I don't make money on this stock, it will benefit us for the next several years with more onboard credits. We are now retired and want to cruise!!! Thanks again.

We have been taking 2 or 3 long cruises, often b2b, since we retired. We bought Carnival Corp three years ago. By the end of the year we will have recouped the entire cost. And we will still have the stock which is worth about $600 more than we paid.

I had a different experience just after you which was the same as what Pia posted & Princess said that it could only be issued after final payment. This was in late March for a cruise sailing in early November & after the expiration date was extended to 2013. With the average turnover rate for cabins being a minimum of 3 times I can understand this policy to not issue it before final payment

I suspect that whether it's processed before final payment or not has to do with how busy they are processing requests. Maybe in early March they were not as busy as when I applied in late March right after a great sale for repositioning cruisers in April were released which included a new April booking & request for me. I figured that since I was requesting for the April cruise I would also do it for the November cruise & was informed it would not be processed and to reapply after final payment

Our final payment date is July 4th but, I have already paid in full (that's the way I am). That might have had something to do with it too.

We have been taking 2 or 3 long cruises, often b2b, since we retired. We bought Carnival Corp three years ago. By the end of the year we will have recouped the entire cost. And we will still have the stock which is worth about $600 more than we paid.

Paul, like you I hope to be in the same situation after several years of owning the stock. Happy cruising, it's especially nice to be retired and enjoying life at sea! :)

Cheers - Ken

Paul, like you I hope to be in the same situation after several years of owning the stock. Happy cruising, it's especially nice to be retired and enjoying life at sea! :)

Cheers - Ken

You got that right

I haven't seen this on this board, but here's what I've just encountered:

I sent in a form for August cruises and added several winter cruises to my application (just to see if they would process those too). All were denied. I received an email stating that the statement of stock ownership must be dated not more than 90 days prior to the sailing date. However, it must be received 15 days prior to the sailing date. This leaves 75 days to submit proof of ownership. However, if statements are received only quarterly (and can't be printed in the interim from the Internet), there is an issue getting the information to Princess on a timely basis, especially considering it can take 10 days to receive quarterly statements.

For example: a cruise in October requires the September statement, which won't be received in nearly enough time to submit the application 15 days prior to cruise date.

(Not to mention the issue if one cruises for longer periods of time and isn't home to receive the statements by mail.)

I've sent an email to Princess asking how to proceed but haven't received anything back.

Has anyone else encountered this? We are highly electronic in our bills and statements, but this is, unfortunately, one of only two exceptions, and it seems to be causing us grief.

I sent in a form for August cruises and added several winter cruises to my application (just to see if they would process those too). All were denied. I received an email stating that the statement of stock ownership must be dated not more than 90 days prior to the sailing date. However, it must be received 15 days prior to the sailing date. This leaves 75 days to submit proof of ownership. However, if statements are received only quarterly (and can't be printed in the interim from the Internet), there is an issue getting the information to Princess on a timely basis, especially considering it can take 10 days to receive quarterly statements.

For example: a cruise in October requires the September statement, which won't be received in nearly enough time to submit the application 15 days prior to cruise date.

(Not to mention the issue if one cruises for longer periods of time and isn't home to receive the statements by mail.)

I've sent an email to Princess asking how to proceed but haven't received anything back.

Has anyone else encountered this? We are highly electronic in our bills and statements, but this is, unfortunately, one of only two exceptions, and it seems to be causing us grief.

Do you have online access to the account with the CCL stock? You can go to the site and print the page with the info to a PDF. You can then email this to Princess.

If you are submitting the request by email, they will not accept a cut and pasted copy of your stock ownership record from the broker. It must be a PDF or other format that they can identify as the real thing.

But ... it might be a good idea to black out any info not pertinent to the CCL stock, such as other stocks you may own and the total value of your portfolio.

Our final payment date is July 4th but, I have already paid in full (that's the way I am). That might have had something to do with it too.

Thanks for the additional info which could be the difference although I believe that you can still cancel before your final payment due date without penalty. I think they're trying to issue SOBC after the final payment date when penalties begin for cancelling & probably a lower cancellation rate. None of us know for sure so were all speculating about why it's inconsistently applied. ;)

I receive monthly statements online & save them as a PDF file so that's not a problem for me. That's good to know that the statement has to be within 90 days of sailing which would also be close to final payment date.

Hope to read your post on how Princess expects you & others in the same situation to have SOBC issued. :confused:

Archived