Will PRINCESS change their loyalty program?

KruzPrincess

I have no horse in this race as they say. I only have 4 cruises with Princess so far.

Discussion of how anyone got to Elite is moot. If you are Elite, you get the perks associated with that loyalty level.

The End.

Until the rules change. :D

If someone has earned the perk, they should have the right to send out their laundry as often as they want. To me, that's not abuse. IMHO, abuse is when an Elite sends out laundry for everyone traveling with them, whether they're in the same cabin or not. I remember posts by people who were proud of the fact that they were traveling with extended family in multiple cabins and no one said anything about their sending out several bags a day for everyone. Sometimes, it amazes me that people's ethics are based on what they can get away with. Maybe it's a generational gap.

I agree with you. I recall reading about abuse of internet minutes and other perks. I value the perks and would not abuse them.

I have no horse in this race as they say. I only have 4 cruises with Princess so far.

Discussion of how anyone got to Elite is moot. If you are Elite, you get the perks associated with that loyalty level.

The End.

Until the rules change. :D

Your opinion

I gave mine

I've even read how some are proud about going directly from home to the ship with clothes that need to be cleaned instead of doing it before they go to the ship. I understand those who travel pre-cruise needing to do this but not someone unwilling to do it before leaving home. To me such abuse & that mentioned by Pam of the free laundry benefit could lead to it becoming limited even for those of us who don't abuse the benefit. :(

How ghetto is that? I wonder if they come on board with luggage or a laundry bag?

I've even read how some are proud about going directly from home to the ship with clothes that need to be cleaned instead of doing it before they go to the ship. I understand those who travel pre-cruise needing to do this but not someone unwilling to do it before leaving home. To me such abuse & that mentioned by Pam of the free laundry benefit could lead to it becoming limited even for those of us who don't abuse the benefit. :(

What's wrong with that strategy? I never use my dress pants at home for anything, so why not wait till I'm on the the ship to get them dry cleaned?

The first thing that came into my mind when I seen Princess was going to offer regular short cruises out of Fort Lauderdale is the loyalty program is going to change. I hope they don't, finally made Plantinum and love the free internet, but there are definately going to more and more Plantinum and Elite cruises in shorter times if it stays the same.

The first thing that came into my mind when I seen Princess was going to offer regular short cruises out of Fort Lauderdale is the loyalty program is going to change. I hope they don't, finally made Plantinum and love the free internet, but there are definately going to more and more Plantinum and Elite cruises in shorter times if it stays the same.

Have you seen the 4 and 5 day itineraries out of Ft Lauderdale? First of all they are not cheap. Second they are not exciting. I just can't see paying between $500 and $850 (depending on time of year) for an inside cabin just to spend a day a Princess Cays/Grand Turk. That's a lot of money for a tender port just to sit at the beach and eat a cold hamburger and warm pasta salad and Grand Turk is nothing to write home about either. What type of cruiser would be attracted to this? My guess is an inexperienced cruise vitcim who wouldn't even have a clue about a loyalty program. I really don't see these sailings as being a threat to gain status faster.

You will also get people who need a few cruises to make platinum or elite before a long cruise where the perks would be nice. Of course the cost of a few short cruisses is probably more than the value of the perks.

I am shocked at the "Elite" attitude toward attaining the status (now that they have done so) and would like to know how many actually attained that status based on days (as most everyone seems in favor of) versus number of cruises. It would take 14 7-days cruises to attain Elite. How many have done that?

Where did you see that? I just checked the Princess website and it states 16th cruise on or 151+ cruise days.

We are only Platinum and since we travel different cruise lines it will take us awhile to get to elite on Princess.

Have you seen the 4 and 5 day itineraries out of Ft Lauderdale? First of all they are not cheap. Second they are not exciting. I just can't see paying between $500 and $850 (depending on time of year) for an inside cabin just to spend a day a Princess Cays/Grand Turk. .

It wouldn't surprise me if the price drops drastically over the next year.

Grand Turks - I am not a fan but people screamed when the Royal Princess itinerary was released and Grand Turk was not on the Eastern Caribbean schedule. So while I am not a fan, some must like it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the price drops drastically over the next year.

Grand Turks - I am not a fan but people screamed when the Royal Princess itinerary was released and Grand Turk was not on the Eastern Caribbean schedule. So while I am not a fan, some must like it.

I like it as an additional port but not combined alone with Princess Cays. It's just redundant.

You will also get people who need a few cruises to make platinum or elite before a long cruise where the perks would be nice. Of course the cost of a few short cruisses is probably more than the value ofthe perks.

I agree but for the price I would rather do a 7 day cruise if it means only one credit to the next level especially if I have to fly to port.

I live in New York so I can usually grab an inexpensive JetBlue flight as long as the cruise isn't during Snowbird migrating season but I still wouldn’t sail those short itineraries at those prices. I am looking to do longer 10 day cruises. 14 would be better but I can’t get that much time off from work.

Have you seen the 4 and 5 day itineraries out of Ft Lauderdale? First of all they are not cheap. Second they are not exciting. I just can't see paying between $500 and $850 (depending on time of year) for an inside cabin just to spend a day a Princess Cays/Grand Turk. That's a lot of money for a tender port just to sit at the beach and eat a cold hamburger and warm pasta salad and Grand Turk is nothing to write home about either. What type of cruiser would be attracted to this? My guess is an inexperienced cruise vitcim who wouldn't even have a clue about a loyalty program. I really don't see these sailings as being a threat to gain status faster.

I'd almost venture to say you wouldn't be able to spot one Elite cruiser on those 4 or 5 day trips. They offer the Elites nothing but a quick cruise at very high prices.

BUT I would bet that you would remain on the level you are already on...grandfathered in. I hope so, we will be on platinum after this cruise!!

They could always keep the level, but reduce the benefits.

BUT I would bet that you would remain on the level you are already on...grandfathered in. I hope so, we will be on platinum after this cruise!!

Neither of you look like grandparent types. :D

I would agree that the "grandfathering" in concept makes the most sense especially considering the negative PR effect of not doing so. Just look at the discussion when the mere possibility of changes is contemplated.

Yes, I have seen the itineries and while I wouldn't travel to Florida just for one of these short cruises we would be interested in tacking one on (at the right price) before or after another cruise. I'm sure there are other cruisers like us, already spent the money on airfare and if the cruise was inexpensive would be happy to add another cruise on to another. We could easily do a 7 or 10 night cruise and add another 4 or 5 days. Would be fun to get off one ship and right onto another.

We did do a short cruise one time on Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. Caught a great price on airfare and a great price on a cruise that was used to fill in a canceled dry dock. The passenger make up was a lot different than the 7 night/10 night cruises. There were a lot of people that were loyal to other lines but this was a great way for them to try Princess. There were of course many first timers too.

What's wrong with that strategy? I never use my dress pants at home for anything, so why not wait till I'm on the the ship to get them dry cleaned?

That's worse. Why are you sending out something to be cleaned that's not dirty. Sending it out to be pressed is understandable.

Yes, I have seen the itineries and while I wouldn't travel to Florida just for one of these short cruises we would be interested in tacking one on (at the right price) before or after another cruise. I'm sure there are other cruisers like us, already spent the money on airfare and if the cruise was inexpensive would be happy to add another cruise on to another. We could easily do a 7 or 10 night cruise and add another 4 or 5 days. Would be fun to get off one ship and right onto another.

We did do a short cruise one time on Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. Caught a great price on airfare and a great price on a cruise that was used to fill in a canceled dry dock. The passenger make up was a lot different than the 7 night/10 night cruises. There were a lot of people that were loyal to other lines but this was a great way for them to try Princess. There were of course many first timers too.

That strategy makes sense. But it is being implied that passengers will just book these short itineraries just to gain platinum or elite status. This strategy doesn't make financial sense..

That's worse. Why are you sending out something to be cleaned that's not dirty. Sending it out to be pressed is understandable.

Oh I never send anything in before it's worn many times it's just that the only time I even wear my dress pants is on a ship & it might be maybe 2 cruises before there dry cleaned. I've never cared much about wrinkles- they're part of traveling.

Where did you see that? I just checked the Princess website and it states 16th cruise on or 151+ cruise days.

We are only Platinum and since we travel different cruise lines it will take us awhile to get to elite on Princess.

I just went by days it takes (100) to go from Platinum to Elite. It was just to show it takes a lot of cruises to make up the days if not going on long cruises. 7 day cruise X 14 cruises = 98 days. I can't take advantage of the program because I live in the Midwest & airfare for a short cruise would be ridiculous.

I actually don't know now what point I was trying to make. :o I was just disheartened reading all the posts from Elites who want the program changed because some people who live on the west coast or in Florida may make it to Elite by taking short cruises.

I don't see why it matters so much to them? To keep their Elite-ist group more exclusive? Very discouraging there is such an attitude.:(

I don't see why it matters so much to them? To keep their Elite-ist group more exclusive?

The only reason I think it might matter -- if there were quickly

two or three times the number of elite members, princess might

reduce the elite benefits to all.

For instance, if half the ship is elite, priority tender boarding

isn't going to work too well.

The only reason I think it might matter -- if there were quickly

two or three times the number of elite members, princess might

reduce the elite benefits to all.

For instance, if half the ship is elite, priority tender boarding

isn't going to work too well.

There are already sailings when 2/3 (or more) of the ship is Elite.

What do you think could be offered for a new super elite status.....

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Before trying to figure out what Princess should offer we should figure out what would be the starting point for this new level.. 350 days? 365 days? 400 days? 500 days? 1000 days? Once this is established perks can be determined based on the starting days of the new level.

Archived