Bermuda shorts on Formal Night

I doubt most general cruisers would even notice! In reality, most folks on vacation don't really notice other people.

I don't know if they'd be allowed in the dining room....it does request that no shorts be worn at dinner.

If someone arrived in the MDR on formal night on a Bermuda cruise dressed in a Bermuda suit complete with shorts and high socks? Would it be allowed and what would be the reaction of other cruisers?

Even clothing optional cruises require pants in the dining room ;)

If someone arrived in the MDR on formal night on a Bermuda cruise dressed in a Bermuda suit complete with shorts and high socks? Would it be allowed and what would be the reaction of other cruisers?

Hopefully, that person would be refused admittance on formal or any other night. Other cruisers would likely not respond at all except for a few who might complain to the head waiter.

Hopefully, that person would be refused admittance on formal or any other night. Other cruisers would likely not respond at all except for a few who might complain to the head waiter.

Hopefully they would NOT be refused admittance...that is "formal " for Bermuda just like a kilt is formal for Scotland...been on many cruises were kilts were quite acceptable..would you feel they should be denied?

I, for one, believe that no one should be in the dining room unless they are wearing formal attire, diamonds, and a mink coat.

I can't believe the state of cruise ships today!

;)

Can I bring my 5 pet chinchillas on board and have them sitting on my shoulder during formal night??? They are a pre-coat: fancy formal attire, minus all that death, blood and controversy.

Can I bring my 5 pet chinchillas on board and have them sitting on my shoulder during formal night??? They are a pre-coat: fancy formal attire' date=' minus all that death, blood and controversy.[/quote']

Definitely not. I anticipate you would be the type of person to give into these "pets" and can picture you feeding them from your plate!

No eating off of my plate' date=' but I an amateur chinchilla dentist. If you don't grind your teeth down so they won't kill you, I will grind your teeth down for you so they won't kill you. :D[/quote']

Bahaha! Okay, deal!:D

How about Hawaii cruises? Are Aloha shirts considered formal wear? :)

Big difference Bermuda shorts are worn in a formal manner in Bermuda an are accepted dress anywhere a Business suit is worn. An Aloha shirt is not accepted as dress attire in Hawaii(I don't think).

Big difference Bermuda shorts are worn in a formal manner in Bermuda an are accepted dress anywhere a Business suit is worn. An Aloha shirt does is not accepted as dress attire in Hawaii.

I thought they were.

edit...checked wikipedia...someone needs to edit it if not correct :( - says Aloha shirt is equivalent to dress shirt/tie/coat except for the most formal occasions.

Aloha shirts manufactured for local wear are considered formal wear in business and government, and thus are regarded as equivalent to a shirt, coat, and tie (generally impractical in the warmer climate of Hawaii) in all but the most formal of settings.

Aloha shirt

Isn't it great when people post these hypotheticals just to stir the pot? There will always be enough fish to take the bait. :rolleyes:

I at least responded with a message and the winky face - ;)

Archived