Sewing Clothes For A Cruise

I just finished a Free Spirit split-front maxi skirt (by Pattern Emporium) in a beautiful glittery rayon for formal night on my Alaska cruise next week. Also taking a couple of Laundry Day tunics (by Love Notions) to wear over black leggings for non-formal dinners.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, RedHeadTexan said:

Weekend Goal:  4 garments in 3 days.  I started at 8:30 this morning and finished one and started number 2.  Everything I make this weekend is for our cruise in 3 weeks.

Lisa

763CD652-8FE8-450A-89B9-B5B4C12D27FF.jpeg

6E42AE59-09F7-4518-991E-DF4941B721A3.jpeg

931B760D-DB9C-4CA7-BA71-D7A2BBC08128.jpeg

Lisa,

A wonderful dress.  Looks great on you.  WOW!  Four garments in three days.  I still have not gotten to my sewing.

Right now I am waiting to see if my condo blows away in the hurricane.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed it stays safe.

3 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Lisa,

A wonderful dress.  Looks great on you.  WOW!  Four garments in three days.  I still have not gotten to my sewing.

Right now I am waiting to see if my condo blows away in the hurricane.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed it stays safe.

I hope everything works out ok with your condo.  Stay safe. 

Lisa

I created 2 more yesterday and it took all day. I tend to work on a piece for 3 hours and then take an hour break.  The pant length romper took the most time to make, but I love it and will sew more.  Fabric are both ITY knits from LA Finch Fabrics.  As you can tell, I bought all of their tropical prints that were on end of bolt clearance.  All garments that I have made in the past 6 weeks have cost between $12 and $20 in high quality fabric.  For comparison, the tall pant length rompers I bought from a ready to wear store cost $120 and I still had to do some tailoring on them.  The red romper was about $16 for 3 yards of fabric.  

Lisa

CFB9A2D6-0F9E-4459-B12B-AE7FD1AC98A0.jpeg

D6BA00B6-553E-4A58-82C4-E7115E8910BA.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RedHeadTexan said:

I hope everything works out ok with your condo.  Stay safe. 

Lisa

Thanks for the good wishes.  I am out of state, so we are safe.  It is our winter home.  With luck it will be OK.  I don't like seeing the Weather Channel guy broadcasting from the beach across the street from our condo.😱

I feel so bad for the people in the Bahamas.  Very said to see and hear the videos from there.

24 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Just checking in.  Every thing is fine at our condo.  The weather Channel guy has left!!

So good to hear. I’m sure you are relieved. I’m worried about friends in Wilmington NC. I keep hearing that Dorian is headed their way. Also New Bern NC north of Wilmington. It was hard hit with flooding just last year from the hurricane. Not sure they have recovered. 

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

So good to hear. I’m sure you are relieved. I’m worried about friends in Wilmington NC. I keep hearing that Dorian is headed their way. Also New Bern NC north of Wilmington. It was hard hit with flooding just last year from the hurricane. Not sure they have recovered. 

I hope that they will be OK with the hurricane.  The storm is just awful.  So many people effected by it.  Are your friends going to seek shelter inland?

On 9/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, geocruiser said:

Just checking in.  Every thing is fine at our condo.  The weather Channel guy has left!!

Yay!  That is wonderful news!  

We set sail out of Charleston, SC on September 22nd, so next weekend I will be calling the hotel to make sure that they are operational.  City of Charleston is reporting that 95% of power outages will be restored by tomorrow night, so unless there is physical damage to the hotel we are good to go.  Initially we booked the cruise that leaves on Monday, September 9th.  I changed the date since one of my co-workers has a grand-baby due next week and wanted to take some time off too.  I am sooooo glad I moved it out two weeks.  Now my fingers are crossed that nothing comes near Charleston for the rest of the month.

On to sewing.  Nothing exciting this weekend.   I am sewing up some pj shorts out of scrap fabrics from older projects.  I am trying really hard to put a dent in my fabric stash and not order any new fabric until the stash on my credenza is cleared.  Oh boy...self restraint when it comes to fabric????🤣

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

On 9/5/2019 at 7:52 AM, geocruiser said:

I hope that they will be OK with the hurricane.  The storm is just awful.  So many people effected by it.  Are your friends going to seek shelter inland?

No, they stayed thinking it would be a 1 or 2. Then a 3 was predicted so they were a bit worried but I heard from them yesterday saying that they feel as if they dodged a bullet and fortunately no damage or flooding for them. Lost power for a few hours, however.

Looks like Dorian is still going while many are suffering from the aftermath. Wondering if the Canada/New England cruises will be affected as we were with hurricane Sandy. 

Glad to read that Lisa is embarking later in the month. With all her new outfits I’m sure she’s really looking forward to her cruise.

Sharon