Price reductions

smtcan

Any excuse

Yep! :p

What and when is the next holiday?

The next US holiday is Labor Day which is on September 3rd but I doubt they'll go that long without a 'sale' promotion. ;). Maybe they'll come up with a "Middle of the Summer" or "Back to School" sale or something similar. :p

The next US holiday is Labor Day which is on September 3rd but I doubt they'll go that long without a 'sale' promotion. ;). Maybe they'll come up with a "Middle of the Summer" or "Back to School" sale or something similar. :p

Book a cruise; get a free slide rule!

:D Wouldn't a 'back to school' cruise be counter productive. The kids and their parents will need to be in school and then they can't cruise.:confused:

:D Wouldn't a 'back to school' cruise be counter productive. The kids and their parents will need to be in school and then they can't cruise.:confused:

No. A sale on holiday cruises makes a great back-to-school sale.

No Back to School on Labor Day. Those sales are starting now. Our schools go back starting mid August.

I ran into an interesting situation for one of our future cruises. We had booked an AC and the price hadn't changed. However, the price of the AE guarantee dropped by $500 per person last weekend. We're fine with any cabin, and are also willing to take the risk that we may not know where we will be until we check in. So we chose to go with the guarantee and saved over $600 each from the price of our AC. That drop only lasted a couple of days and the price went right back where it was originally. I've noticed similar things on some other cruises that are on my saved list. It definitely pays to check cruise prices frequently, and to contact your TA immediately (or Princess if that is how you booked) when you notice a change.

I ran into an interesting situation for one of our future cruises. We had booked an AC and the price hadn't changed. However, the price of the AE guarantee dropped by $500 per person last weekend. We're fine with any cabin, and are also willing to take the risk that we may not know where we will be until we check in. So we chose to go with the guarantee and saved over $600 each from the price of our AC. That drop only lasted a couple of days and the price went right back where it was originally. I've noticed similar things on some other cruises that are on my saved list. It definitely pays to check cruise prices frequently, and to contact your TA immediately (or Princess if that is how you booked) when you notice a change.

Of course, this strategy only works if you are willing to lose your preferred cabin. It doesn't always mean you will but there is the possibility.:D

The next sale is upon us.

A card arrived in the snail mail today. It is........"Sun-Drenched Deals."

3 days only July 25-27

over 125 December 2012-April 2013 sailings on sale.

(Deposits non-refundable and non-transferable)

3 days only July 25-27

Cheers, I will keep an eye out to see if they come Australia's way.:D

3 days only July 25-27

None of mine are on sale.

Maybe her TA has access to the sale details.

Perhaps, I know what she means though as most of my cruises do not drop, probably because of the itineraries (Antartica for e.g.) and if they do it is the cheaper cabin classes.:D

I have a great TA and have never had a price drop. Seems that I book cabin categories that are sold out or suites that never drop in price. I have a suite booked on the Royal even though it was much more than I really wanted to pay and for some reason was looking at the prices yesterdy and it went down $1000 pp (back to what prices were on our cruise last Christmas). I was busy with other things but double checked it again a hour later and it was still down. I e-mailed my TA but just like a year ago, she couldn't see it. I looked again, and the price was back up. ?????? Was it a mistake? or was it a couple hour sale??? and why didn't it show up for my TA??? I pasted and copied the page and sent it to her and double checked it to make sure it was the correct ship and date. The problem with using a TA is that if you can't get in touch with them right away, there is nothing you can do.

I have a great TA and have never had a price drop. Seems that I book cabin categories that are sold out or suites that never drop in price. I have a suite booked on the Royal even though it was much more than I really wanted to pay and for some reason was looking at the prices yesterdy and it went down $1000 pp (back to what prices were on our cruise last Christmas). I was busy with other things but double checked it again a hour later and it was still down. I e-mailed my TA but just like a year ago, she couldn't see it. I looked again, and the price was back up. ?????? Was it a mistake? or was it a couple hour sale??? and why didn't it show up for my TA??? I pasted and copied the page and sent it to her and double checked it to make sure it was the correct ship and date. The problem with using a TA is that if you can't get in touch with them right away, there is nothing you can do.

If you have documentation and your TA can't get the lower price, you do not have a great TA. It doesn't matter whether or not she can see it. If you can fax it/email it to her and the Princess rep, that's good enough. This has happened to me in the past. Twice. I always got the reduction.

Archived