Price reductions

smtcan

We recently booked our first Princess cruise and do not reach final payment date until next month. Upon checking the Princess website, I see that the price for our cabin category has dropped by $260 pp. Do Princess honour price reductions? Our usual line is Celebrity and we have had reductions with them. I have put in a call to our Travel Agent, but as yet have no response. This is a first for us too, I usually book direct with the cruise line, but on this occasion we are joining a small group of friends and just tagged along with their bookings.

Yes, Princess honors price reductions. Although in some cases (and the current sale is one case) you are required to make it a new booking which means you must cancel and rebook. Many of these sale offers also have a non-refundable non-transferable deposit.

We recently booked our first Princess cruise and do not reach final payment date until next month. Upon checking the Princess website, I see that the price for our cabin category has dropped by $260 pp. Do Princess honour price reductions? Our usual line is Celebrity and we have had reductions with them. I have put in a call to our Travel Agent, but as yet have no response. This is a first for us too, I usually book direct with the cruise line, but on this occasion we are joining a small group of friends and just tagged along with their bookings.

They will honor price reductions until final payment . After final payment only if the price isn't for "New Bookings Only".

If you have booked your cruise directly from Princess and they drop the price would you then get the cheaper price?
It depends on the promotion and whether you qualify for the rate reduction. "Flash" sales are usually sales after final payment for new bookings only so if you're already booked, you don't qualify.

The best thing to do is to find a TA that specializes in booking Princess. They can often save you 10-20% over the published Princess fare.

What if you booked the cruise through Princess and the price drops?

Then it's up to you to call Princess and ask for the lower price. It really pays to have a good TA who will monitor prices and will see that you get the lower price.

~Doris~

What if you booked the cruise through Princess and the price drops?

I always book thru Princess, and have never had a problem calling 1-800-Princess and getting fare reductions applied to my bookings, as long as they occur before final payment and do not state "new bookings only". In some cases I have gotten more than one reduction for a booking when another price drop occurred.

I always book thru Princess, and have never had a problem calling 1-800-Princess and getting fare reductions applied to my bookings, as long as they occur before final payment and do not state "new bookings only". In some cases I have gotten more than one reduction for a booking when another price drop occurred.

I agree! We have been able to get 3 reductions on our upcoming cruise! It pays to be obsessive about checking prices:D

Then it's up to you to call Princess and ask for the lower price. It really pays to have a good TA who will monitor prices and will see that you get the lower price.

~Doris~

A good TA has many clients and may not have time to constantly monitor all prices for everyone. I check pricing for my bookings at least once a day (yea, can you say obsessive?), and let my TA know when I'm lucky enough to see a drop.

I always book thru a TA. Just to make sure I have proof of a price drop, I always take a "screen shot" of the Princess website to prove that it changed (just in case it goes back up before I make contact with my TA)

If the price goes back up before you can reach your TA, it makes no difference what the price was at an earlier time. The TA can only get the current price for you.

Try going to the grocery store with a copy of last week's ad prices as proof the price was once lower.

I have received a price reduction before after final payment had been made.

Where does Princess publish flash sales?

Thanks.

Travel agents have access to all of them. If you have a good TA, ask him/her to notify you when there is a flash sale for a cruise you are interested in.

Yes, Princess honors price reductions. Although in some cases (and the current sale is one case) you are required to make it a new booking which means you must cancel and rebook. Many of these sale offers also have a non-refundable non-transferable deposit.

The 'non-refundable, non-transferable' deposits which has become the norm for 'sales' does make it more difficult to get the reduction & more things to consider when canceling & rebooking. :(. Being a new reservation then the cabin, dining & shore excursions booked could all be changed.

A general 'non-sale' price reduction can usually be easily given by contacting the booking source.

It still easily beats airfare restrictions just not as good as before now that 'sales' are NR-NT. ;)

You would be getting an email from them directly, if of course they have your address. Flash sales are not published per se'.

Yes, I do get the emails just don't remember the term Flash sale on them. Some seem like good deals, others not so much.

No TA caters to me an offseason, inside cabin cruiser :).

The RCCL lines do a once a week sale, I wondered if Princess did. Thanks.

Yes, I do get the emails just don't remember the term Flash sale on them. Some seem like good deals, others not so much.

No TA caters to me an offseason, inside cabin cruiser :).

The RCCL lines do a once a week sale, I wondered if Princess did. Thanks.

Recent Princess sales have been on any sort of holiday...Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc.

Archived