1A Cabin - A couple fit on Bottom Bed?

Mekamax

Always wanted to try a 1A cabin. Just the thought of getting away cheap is a fun thought. I have sailed in just about every category cabin except 1As and was wondering if we wanted to try it on a short cruise for the fun of it could 2 small people (couple) fit on the bottom bed?

Always wanted to try a 1A cabin. Just the thought of getting away cheap is a fun thought. I have sailed in just about every category cabin except 1As and was wondering if we wanted to try it on a short cruise for the fun of it could 2 small people (couple) fit on the bottom bed?

What is your definition of 2 small people? It is basically a twin bed. If you're ok with spooning each other for the duration of your bedtime, then you could do it. There are some 1A's that feature a twin bed and a sofa bed instead of a upper/lower and they also have a porthole. They used to be classified as a 5A back in the day. I had one of these cabins on the first time I cruised on the Destiny and it was OK.

I am so happy!

This is a totally unique question... never seen it asked before.

After the usual stuff about smuggling, chair hogs, travel agents, etc., this was a breath of fresh air.

I have no idea what the answer to your question is but wanted to thank you for asking it!

What ship.. that would make a huge difference in the cabins.

There are 3 cabins on Conquest class that are 1As and have two twins that can be moved together same as any other cabin.. big secret. In fact the cabins are wider than a regular inside .. I would pick them before a regular inside.

I did see on Elation someone tipped $20 to the cabin steward who found them a rollaway for the 1A so they could have two beds pushed together,.. sort of, not perfect, and tight, but for a nice tip the cabin steward gave them a inside and they didnt have to sleep on the upper.

We have a 1A on the Valor that has one twin, one sofa which makes into a bed and two portholes. Not exactly what we wanted but when we booked the pickins were slim. Have you tried a porthole room. They are great and the prices are usually good.

The first cruise that DH and I did together was on a different line but it had an upper and lower bunk as originally my sister and I were going on a New Year's Eve cruise on the cheap. Our cabin was sooooooo small and DH decided he really didn't want to sleep in the upper bunk and I am to this day afraid of falling out of bed if in an upper bunk.

Long story short--cruise from Miami to Nassau. Short 3 days. Really rough weather. I was sick, DH, no way. He went to dinner, by the way this was his first cruise, and was so sweet. He brought me back food! This was in the day that we could bring booze on the ships. We had a bottle of scotch and a bottle of rum on the dresser which was right next to the bed.

The bottles kept flying towards me. I so wanted to throw them somewhere, but this was our first cruise and at this point we were still dating, so I didn't want to make a bad impression. I put the bottles between the bed and the dresser, so no way for them to move.

DH decided we would sleep together. We did and I slept on the outside so I could be near the waste basket. We cuddled all night and for the whole 3 nights, but that was the first and last time. I don't think either of us slept on this cruise except when we were on deck chairs on the deck.

I still have great memories of this almost 30 years later, but it's not something I would recommend unless both of you are in great shape, as geez, we were then, but unfortunately no longer.

Enjoy

hmmm.

May have to try this.

Have a 4A booked on the upcoming Valor.

If we get another Price drop , Carnival may owe us money on this one!:D

Will check out the plans to see a 1A with the twin beds and "walk by" and casually look in when the stewards are out and about.

I think Our cruising experience is in reverse order:

we went from balcony snobs

to Lido Snobs

to just get the best deal we can Snobs!

There are 3 cabins on Conquest class that are 1As and have two twins that can be moved together same as any other cabin.. big secret. In fact the cabins are wider than a regular inside .. I would pick them before a regular inside.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but Fire could you please tell me which rooms on the Conquest these are? Do you have to call to request them? Thanks

We got a 1A cabin some years ago not realizing what we had done.

Too small for us to sleep in one bed so ultimately had the steward put one mattress on thefloor and I slept down there.

Learned a good lesson cabin selection that week.icon7.gif

We have a 1A on the Valor that has one twin, one sofa which makes into a bed and two portholes. Not exactly what we wanted but when we booked the pickins were slim. Have you tried a porthole room. They are great and the prices are usually good.

The sofa bed does not move...do you know for certain that the twin does so that you'll be sleeping together? Otherwise, you'll be sleeping on the same level, but apart.

We got a 1A cabin some years ago not realizing what we had done.

Too small for us to sleep in one bed so ultimately had the steward put one mattress on thefloor and I slept down there.

Learned a good lesson cabin selection that week.icon7.gif

So I guess that was before you knew your butcher, huh Stu? He would have set you straight.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but Fire could you please tell me which rooms on the Conquest these are? Do you have to call to request them? Thanks

They are 6393, 7345, & 8357 that are the 1As with 2 twins that can be pushed together. They are in the same spot on each of the 3 floors. The Glory, Valor, Freedom, & Liberty also has the same deal with the 3 1A rooms in these spots. You don't necessarily need to call to request them. The website's booking engine doesn't show all available rooms, but I think these would show up on there if they haven't been taken for that particular sailing. These rooms are listed as having one twin and one upper, but many people have reported and posted pics showing that a 2nd twin bed has indeed been added to the rooms. Carnival just hasn't updated their descriptions, as many facts of their room descriptions are wrong. The upper bunk is still in the ceiling in these rooms, but it's never used anymore.

To the OP & anyone else wondering about this, the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Miracle, Pride) have all their 1A rooms featuring 2 regular twin beds that can be pushed together. There are only a few 1As on each ship, so they go fast.

OP, you would have to be pretty small. If either of you wanted to turn at all while sleeping, you'd be banging into each other. Have you thought about a porthole room (category PT)? Those have 2 twin beds that can be pushed together, and they are only a small amount more than a 1A ($20-$40 total). They tend to sell out quickly on the larger ship.

Firefly and k2excursion - There are 2 cabins on the Triumph like ships that are 1As that are large. I don't see them talked about but was able to find a picture of them. You probably know which ones I'm talking about. From the picture I found they still have an upper, a lower and a sofa bed. Worse comes to worse one of us could sleep on the sofa but the actual cabin is what is selling me. On the newer ships they are actually classed as outsides and cost a lot more but have 2 beds...

Thank you so much for the cot idea - that may be an option. :D We are still about the same size we were when we married over 20 years ago and with the A/C down low spooning would be nice. :p

We have had a suite, balconies,outsides and insides but not a 1A and it just seemed like a fun kid like thing to do...;)

Too funny about this being a post not asked before - I know the normal is always asked so thank you for the compliment!! :)

The true answer is no. I stayed on the Dream in April 2012 by myself. There is NO WAY two people will sleep comfortably on that bed and still be talking to each other by the end of the cruise. The bright side is this: It is the absolute Best location on any ship. You walk right out into the Marketplace Buffet area........then onto the Lido for sun and fun. Forgot something in the room? No Problem! Extremely convenient. And if you go to the Spa and Gym.......GREAT! You are right there! The shower is bigger, too! Why anyone would stay lower, I have no idea. These are The Best Rooms! If you can snag one, get it. But, for a good nights sleep..........get that other bunk down, cuz you're gonna need it!

Archived