comfortable shoes for lots of walking--Rome

nojoke

^ I have had success with inexpensive clear medical tape - the kind you tape gauze pads on with. Put it over the area where it is rubbing, maybe 2 - 4 pieces thick, and it works like a charm. Got two big rolls for less than 5 bucks. It's clear so it doesn't show like a bandaid does. Beauty. :)

Great tip. Thank you. :)

I just returned from a land trip through France. People worry much too much about their shoes. I saw every type imaginable, on both Americans and everyone else, and that includes plenty of running shoes.

Wear what's comfortable and then just forget about it! A handy product I found is Band Aid Blister Block. It works great, suggest anyone who has a problem with blisters try it. Amazing product.

51LSu%2BBZOUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love this stuff. It has been a lifesaver for me on several trips. I think I first discovered it about 3 years ago.

I was just talking about walking shoes with my mom and I pulled out some of the shoes I take when I travel. Of course, different trips require different types of shoes, i.e. sandals vs. boots. My most well-loved shoes come from Ecco, Eastland, or Merrell, and they are all made of real leather. I have never worn white trainers/sneakers while out and about, but that is because I don't own any pairs like that. Feel free to wear whatever fits you and is comfortable. :)

I hate walking in runners they look terrible with anything except gym gear...and I look terrible in that too...so my best choice was a pair of very nice sandles which I resoled in rubber for grip...this was so good for Europe as I also get very hot if my feet are hot...never stubbed a toe and the sandles kept my feet cool...the rubber grip is great as it padded my feet and stopped me from slipping on the cobblestones....my sandles also had an ankle strap so my ankle was well supported....yes these sandles were so great and I wore them again just recently when we travelled to Asia:D

Here is a link to the type of sandle I had...except they were a matte leather.

http://www.countryroad.com.au/#page=/Shop/Womenswear/Footwear.htm&product=/Shop/Womenswear/Footwear/60148193/Micha-Sandal.html

Although we are staying at Paris, does that count?

I'm looking for shoes to wear for walking around Las Vegas in August (I know, hot, hot, hot)!

Need something to keep my feet away from the hot pavement.

Spent many days in Perris. (Sorry, couldn't resist, it's a town on the way to Palm Springs.)

Make sure the soles are on the thicker side. I've actually had soles start to melt in the summer heat in Laughlin, NV

I like my Bare Traps sandals. They are good for flat surfaces.

I hate walking in runners they look terrible with anything except gym gear...and I look terrible in that too...so my best choice was a pair of very nice sandles which I resoled in rubber for grip...this was so good for Europe as I also get very hot if my feet are hot...never stubbed a toe and the sandles kept my feet cool...the rubber grip is great as it padded my feet and stopped me from slipping on the cobblestones....my sandles also had an ankle strap so my ankle was well supported....yes these sandles were so great and I wore them again just recently when we travelled to Asia:D

Here is a link to the type of sandle I had...except they were a matte leather.

http://www.countryroad.com.au/#page=/Shop/Womenswear/Footwear.htm&product=/Shop/Womenswear/Footwear/60148193/Micha-Sandal.html

Those are totally funky:D (In a GOOD WAY)...I would never wear

them as a walking sandal but I would wear them with dresses/skirts/

slacks.......very cute!!!!

Those are totally funky:D (In a GOOD WAY)...I would never wear

them as a walking sandal but I would wear them with dresses/skirts/

slacks.......very cute!!!!

Hey Lois I really suggest you try what I did and get them resoled..they are the most comfortable sandles ever and as you say look great with anything...walked for miles and miles in these and never came home with sore feet :D

Hey Lois I really suggest you try what I did and get them resoled..they are the most comfortable sandles ever and as you say look great with anything...walked for miles and miles in these and never came home with sore feet :D

Hi:) Oh, I can appreciate you getting them resoled and they work

well for you:D but being honest with you.....I don't want something

around my ankles that way for walking. The shoes I used for the MED?

They were the perfect walking shoe (FOR ME;)).

I still think they are cute though:)

Archived