Do all Princess ships dock at Crown Bay?

alreadypacked

Do all Princess ships dock at Crown Bay in St. Thomas?

I'm researching excursions and trying to take into consideration where we'll be docked (Crown Bay or Havensight). Thanks.:)

It all depends on the ship traffic. I have been on the Emerald and the Crown at Crown bay and on the Emerald anchored in the harbor and tendering to shore. There were seven ships in port that day.

It does seem that the dock of preference for Princess is Crown bay.

If the Oasis, Allure or QM2 is in port that day, you stand a better chance of NOT being at Crown Bay. However, you could end up being tendered, especially if there is another Grand Class ship in port that day along with one of the three big ships at Crown Bay.

Really, there is no way of knowing for certain. Even a website (I won't post the link because it always gets zapped on this board) that shows which ships are at which dock isn't always correct. We've been told we'll be at Crown Bay by the PSD the day before, and then wake up at Havensight. Once you're on the ship, the person who truly does have a handle on this is the port and shopping guide.

Do all Princess ships dock at Crown Bay in St. Thomas?

I'm researching excursions and trying to take into consideration where we'll be docked (Crown Bay or Havensight). Thanks.:)

On our 20 days aboard the Emerald last year, one time we stopped at Havensight and the other time we stopped at Crown Bay. I guess it just all depends what other ships are in port.

Wow...I did not know that tendering was still an option for Princess at St. Thomas.....I have been at both Crown bay and Havensight over the past few years...personal preference is of course Havensight...I just wake up and look out to see where we are!!

Wow...I did not know that tendering was still an option for Princess at St. Thomas.....I have been at both Crown bay and Havensight over the past few years...personal preference is of course Havensight...I just wake up and look out to see where we are!!

It was a surprise to us too, but we loved it...we tendered right to the center of Charlotte Amalie.:D

I agree with others here, there is no way of knowing for sure where you will end up. I would say 80% of the time we are at Crown Bay but have done back to back and have visited St. Thomas each time and been at different piers each time.

Even crew on board weren't a 100% sure always where we would be. Yes there are sites you can check to see but they have been wrong so I no longer check. Now I like to wake up and see where I am at and then go out and explore.

Any tour guide you book will make note of your ship and meet you wherever it ends up.

Enjoy

Crown Bay isn't all that bad anyway even if you do wind up docking there. The liquor prices are the same as Havensight & downtown, the shuttle is the same price although walking is a little further if you choose to and there's Emerald beach close by that you can walk to.

Archived