Bring my own soda on board

O.K. I know all about the soda card, but we are not Coke people. So can I bring my own soda on board with me? Also does anybody know if the ice tea on board is fresh brew or not? It's been a few years since my last cruise & I know the rules change all the time. Did bring my own 12 pk last cruise. :D

Sailing on Navigator in December!

The official word is that no outside beverages of any kind are permitted to be brought onboard., Having said that, there are people here who report slapping a luggage tag on a case of soda and it getting through. Whether you want to do this is a personal decision, but the company does not "permit" it.

I am convinced the iced tea is a syrup concentrate, but I know others will dispute that. :p However, I find it to be very tasty and have no complaints about it. :)

I think the tea is very strong...and it's not sweetened....add your own sugar, if you want sweet tea. It's ok. (I think the coffee is too strong, too....except in the dining room and room service...then, it's not bad!)

We slapped a luggage tag on a case of water and it was fine. We packed 24 bottles of soda in our luggage and it arrived in time with the other luggage (no trip to the naughty room for suspecting it was alcohol).

On Labadee, I watched the staff make the iced tea with concentrate and water, so it does not appear to be brewed.

I find the "iced tea" to be repulsive. It tastes like wet tobacco leaves to me.

But that's just MHO. YMMV.

It certainly is NOT brewed, freshly or otherwise.

Do you have a habit of chewing on tobacco leaves?:p:D

Do you have a habit of chewing on tobacco leaves?:p:D

I KNEW that someone would ask that!

I used to live in a tobacco-growing area. During a certain season, the leaf had been harvested and was hanging in great quantities in drying barns. The scent permeated the air. When it rained, it was a wet smell.

SO..............that's how I know!

I KNEW that someone would ask that!

I used to live in a tobacco-growing area. During a certain season, the leaf had been harvested and was hanging in great quantities in drying barns. The scent permeated the air. When it rained, it was a wet smell.

SO..............that's how I know!

Sounds like Lancaster County.;)

Still doesn't explain how it tastes.:D

I'm with Merion Mom - grew up in So. MD which is tabaccy country;) and when it rains and the leaves get wet the smell in the air is so heavy you can taste it in the air you breathe in - not too pleasant:eek:. Sort of like saying the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife - know what I mean:confused::)

Archived