Can you put a limit on child's spending

I am charging our whole family's shipboard spending on my account. Can you ask RCCL to limit the minors, say $10 per day for the little kids?

Yes not a problem had to do it for my boys last year on Liberty. Guest Relations can do it for you.

Sandra:D

Don't have children, but overheard Guest Services advising a father he should have done this at the start of the cruise. From what I could gather (kind of hard not to overhear waiting in line for the next agent when they are right in front of you) Junior had a pretty good time with ice cream and other items for him and his friends. Sounded like he ran a nice size tab.

Aside from the arcade, there's not much they'll be able to spend on, unless you're letting them "run free"....you'll be with then most of the time when they are in a place that requires money....you can sign for it and keep track. Little kids have no business out and about on their own. Older kids...simply tell them their daily spending amount....presumably, they have been taught to be responsible! You can trust them!

On Explorer last week, there was a note in every compass, that, even if a childs account had no charging privileges, they could still add arcade credits to their card in the arcade, so be careful!!

My boys were 12 and 15 and in Adventure Ocean...they made lots of friends and preferred to hang out with them in the evenings up in the 'living Room '.

They were not by our sides all night or during the day , on sea days , but they were also not roaming 'free' around the ship !!!

I asked Guest Relations to limit the spending credit on their sea passes because they had access to the games arcade.....they had soda cards so drinks were not an issue.

It meant that when their credit ran out the seapass wouldn't work to buy credits for the games, so they had to come to me !

This way I kept a track on what they were spending and on what !!

It is all fine saying that kids should be taught responibility etc.....but when kids see all the games etc..it is only natural that they want to try them !!!!

My 2 boys had a great holiday and as a consequence so did we !!!.......without it costing us a fortune !!!

Parents should remember that if they are taking their children on holiday with them ...that it is the kids holidays too !!......

Sandra

On Explorer last week, there was a note in every compass, that, even if a childs account had no charging privileges, they could still add arcade credits to their card in the arcade, so be careful!!

On Oasis 2 weeks ago we were also able to remove arcade charging privileges as well. It was done separately after the normal charge privileges. Perhaps Oasis is different than Explorer.

Our son is 5. We did it more for the fact if he lost the card, then who ever found it could not use it.

This is a very good idea that you have. I would not have given it much thought myself until I read a post a few years ago that explained the danger of not doing this.

A gentleman who had a teenage son along with him noticed at dinner one night that the son was admiring his new Ruby ring. When the father asked about it the son said No Problem, Dad I just handed over my sea pass and they had me sign the paper then they gave me the ring.

It took some serious talking to get the shop to take back the ring and remove the charge from the account.

After that I limited the accounts of my kids and later the grand kids when they are along on my dime.

Bob

Watch out for the room phone if one of the kids left a girl/boyfriend at home. Years ago, before cell phone proliferation, our then 16 year old daughter, called her boyfriend every day. It was before TV accounting too. DH went through the roof with a phone charge of over $600 at cruise end.

I took my five grandkids and had them on my account. Ages were 14/12/9/5/3. The small ones just had their room key with no charging privlidges. The three older ones were told they could use their cards to buy sodas and ice cream. They never abused the privlidge. Have guest services take care of this when you board.

Archived