Oh no!! I've done it again!

Couldn't help myself I wish these TA's would stop sending me emails of cheap cruises - it is sending me broke.:)

Just booked 14 days on Voyager 27 Jan to NZ

I had a feeling that after Xmas, there would be some good deals around for Voyager - after all, she carries over 3000 people and things after Xmas in Australia are usually a bit quiet.

Always wanted to go on a big US ship - this will be our first time on a non-Carnival ship

Barry

Couldn't help myself I wish these TA's would stop sending me emails of cheap cruises - it is sending me broke.:)

I had a feeling that after Xmas, there would be some good deals around for Voyager - after all, she carries over 3000 people and things after Xmas in Australia are usually a bit quiet.

Always wanted to go on a big US ship - this will be our first time on a non-Carnival ship

Barry

Hi Barry,

Well done...I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed.....RCI ships are excellent.just remember its USD onboard...best tip convert your spending money into USD and take it on in cash.RCI exchange rate changes daily and is not locked into international exchange...in 2008 it went as low as 0.51 one day.

we are on the voyager to NZ in november this year....really lookoing forward to it.

regards

Col & Di

Barry

You can't take it with you Barry cos there's no pockets in a shroud, so enjoy

You only live once so why not do it cruising?

I will be getting off as you get on so I will try to make sure we look after her for you.

As for the money thing, if our dollar stays strong it will be fine. I use a 28 degree card without any issues at all and the conversion rate is great.

Barry

Well done Barry, you truly are a cruise addict. NOW start saving some $..drinkies on RCI are not cheap and no BYO, they are paranoid about it!

Above all, ENJOY !!

Anyway do you need a reservation for the 'Grand Auckland Tour'? :)

Yes please!! :) We will be in Auckland Wednesday 06 Feb, 6.30AM-3.30PM (strange hours!) . Would be VERY nice to see you again, it has been a long time. Got a LOT to talk to you about :)

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

We've just returned from a Liberty of the Seas trip in Europe which is the next size up. The only time we knew about the number of passengers was the muster, which is now done next to the lifeboat station you actually use if required. Amazing how some people keep around 3500 people waiting while they arrive really late for the drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work Barry! Have you been to NZ before? We have wanted to try a RCI ship too so we will be interested to hear your views.

On a different note, I just viewed your 3 youtube videos showing pictures of your 3 Queens and Germany trip. Wonderful pics!

Tell Christine that there was a beautiful dress she was wearing that I loved when you were on QV...it was a mauve-looking top with looked like burgundy skirt. Would love to know where she got it.

My husband was drooling over the pictures of you in Germany showing the size of the beer glasses!:) The beer looked very refreshing!

Thanks for sharing the videos!

Barbara

Great work Barry! Have you been to NZ before? We have wanted to try a RCI ship too so we will be interested to hear your views.

On a different note, I just viewed your 3 youtube videos showing pictures of your 3 Queens and Germany trip. Wonderful pics!

Tell Christine that there was a beautiful dress she was wearing that I loved when you were on QV...it was a mauve-looking top with looked like burgundy skirt. Would love to know where she got it.

My husband was drooling over the pictures of you in Germany showing the size of the beer glasses!:) The beer looked very refreshing!

Thanks for sharing the videos!

Barbara

Thanks Barbara

I am informed that her skirt was from an Op-shop - and the top came from a local lady's wear place here in lowly Beenleigh :)

Tell your husband that beer is very cheap in Germany . I had a final half litre of Hefeweizen (unfiltered wheat beer) at the bar of the brewery at the Munich Airport (in southern Germany there is a bakery on every corner - and a small brewery on the opposite corner!! :p) for 2Euros 60 cents - about $4AUD. I don't think you can get a glass of water for $4 at our airports :D:D

Barry

Thanks Barbara

I am informed that her skirt was from an Op-shop - and the top came from a local lady's wear place here in lowly Beenleigh :)

Tell your husband that beer is very cheap in Germany . I had a final half litre of Hefeweizen (unfiltered wheat beer) at the bar of the brewery at the Munich Airport (in southern Germany there is a bakery on every corner - and a small brewery on the opposite corner!! :p) for 2Euros 60 cents - about $4AUD. I don't think you can get a glass of water for $4 at our airports :D:D

Barry

Thanks for the info from your wife.

Well you hit the magic button for my husband..."cheap" beer! LOL:D That is a great price for that size and you are so right about paying that for water here..........after deep contemplation I believe I would chooe the beer every time!

Barbara

Thanks for the info from your wife.

Well you hit the magic button for my husband..."cheap" beer! LOL:D That is a great price for that size and you are so right about paying that for water here..........after deep contemplation I believe I would chooe the beer every time!

Barbara

Of course, in Germany, a half litre is a "girls beer" :) I was watching a TV show recently - where an Aussie reporter referred to Hefeweizen as "girls beer" -- I just hope he never goes into a Gasthof in Bavaria and refer to it as that!! :D:D

Barry

For what it is worth.......my tip for money on US ships. When $A exchange with $US is good.........I buy $US from PO (no fees), and take what I figure I'll need for on board spending/charges. I pass it over to Purser soon after boarding and it is credited to my OB account. That way you don't have surprises at the end of the trip with fees and charges from ship and/or bank. If I have any left over (yeah right!!!), I have retrieved it on the last night on board. If I overspend there is usually only a small amount owing on my credit card, with less fees to be paid.

Archived