What does your user name mean?

derf5585

Many years ago, our daughter noticed that I'd been "reading" the CC board for quite a while ... so she signed us up for CC and picked our name -- OCruisers.

She told me that it was for Old Cruisers because we had cruised many times. :rolleyes: I like to think of it as Ole ... like in Ole Miss! :D

Whatever! Glad to be here! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I was the proud mama to two beautiful cats for 15 years and even though they both went to kitty heaven this last year, my screen name will continue on and will help me remember them both.

Long before I ever found the cruise ship message boards, I started posting on the internet on boards regarding my other passion: College Sports...

I picked a screen name that combined my name with the mascot of my alma mater..."Bruin Steve"...

As I've migrated around the internet to other subjects, I merely took the Screen Name with me...

Bruin Steve

UCLA Class of 1975

I have a total Lionel Hampton thing. I love the vibraphones. Really.

Actually, I run a tiny company, that nobody has ever heard of, that builds vibration analysis gear to help people maintain rotating equipment, to reduce total cost of ownership, improved machined parts and eliminate unexpected failure in mechanical systems.

Eric

My screen name honors my "boys", all waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words - so, here it is...

greyxmas8a.jpg

From left, Odie, Trailways, and Dempsey. Not sure who the guy in the red suit is...

that builds vibration analysis gear to help people maintain rotating equipment, to reduce total cost of ownership, improved machined parts and eliminate unexpected failure in mechanical systems.

Eric

Vibration Analysis Training

from

http://www.vibcons.com/vibration_training.shtml

Vibration Isolation & Precision Positioning

from

http://www.hytecinc.com/hei/vib.html

HopSingh is the name of my oldest dog, a Shih Tzu. He was named after the cook on Bonanza! Since I'm young (34) and female, I thought that would be a perfect screen name that would provide thought as to who exactly is behind that screen name! LOL!

Well, years ago when my husband and I first went on vacation...we went to Mexico and with my limited Spanish I would greet the waiters/bartenders etc.

They took to calling me muchacha, which my husband liked. He somehow added the 'roo' part to say muchacharoo....and over the years it was just shortened to 'roo' (nothing to do with the Disney character!)

Archived