What does your user name mean?

derf5585

r4cents

As in "our four cents". There are 4 of us, last name is like the coin, and I thought we'd all be sharing a screen name when we got our first computer. (Teenagers had their own thoughts on that!) So it's just my handle.

Lori

cruise fairy

I have been trying to talk my Dad into taking a cruise for 1 1/2 yrs, ever since we came off our 1st cruise...so I've been sending him notes, emails, and websites signing "Cruise Fairy" to everything. Finally he gave in. Now my Mom and stepdad, my Dad and stepmom, DH, and DD are all going on a cruise together. I can hardly wait.

Dolphins, the insignia of the United States Navy Submarine Service

from

http://www.vanpoots.com/submarines/dolphins.htm

derf, I am fairly new to the CC web site, but the more I see your posts -- I am so impressed!!! Thanks for your educating inserts!! And Dolphins, thanks to derf, we now know exactly what your name means!!!:cool:

This is a great thread. I, too, was pretty unimaginative with my login name.

"Tam-Tam" is what my nephew called me when we were both children (we're only a few years apart). It's short for Tammy. It kind of stuck.

CC was the first message board I registered on and it took me a few minutes to come up with something that identified me and didn't identify me (in case I got cold feet and didn't meet up wsith CCers at the sail away party). Being from L.A. dude seemed appropriate and Ship dude sounded better than Crusie dude.

Obviously, I grow oysters. It's part of a project where I live to replenish the oyster population. We start with spat, grow it in a float and then take it to be placed on a reef. As our shirts say on the back - "Oysters are habitat forming".

Obviously, I grow oysters. It's part of a project where I live to replenish the oyster population. We start with spat, grow it in a float and then take it to be placed on a reef. As our shirts say on the back - "Oysters are habitat forming".

Shellfish Gardening Program

from

http://www.inlandbays.org/shellfish_gardening.html

The purpose of the SCORE program is to restore and enhance oyster habitat

from

http://www3.csc.noaa.gov/scoysters/html/backgrnd.htm

Thanks for the education derf...but I am surprised that Sandgroper would give themselves that name after looking at the pictures!! :eek:

.......Maybe I'm funny-lookin' or maybe I'm not :D

;) ("They are little creatures of nature, they don't know they're ugly....a fly marrying a bumblebee....." Quote from the Ren and Stimpy song, The Happy Happy Joy Joy song):p :)

Archived