Sports Coats

Bojac

Is it required to wear a sportscoat in the dinningroom everynight.?? Have been 11 cruises on RCCL. Seems celebrity is a bit fancier?

but I believe you need a jacket for formal nights..my DH always wears a blue blazer or a white dinner jacket. LuAnn

Technically on formal nights you are not supposed to wear a Sport coat as the dress code calls for a Tux, suit or a dinner jacket. Many think that a dinner jacket is a sport coat however it definitely is not. Realistically, you will not be denied entry to the MDR with a sport coat. The other nights in the MDR it is pants and a collared shirt, no jacket.

Technically on formal nights you are not supposed to wear a Sport coat as the dress code calls for a Tux, suit or a dinner jacket. Many think that a dinner jacket is a sport coat however it definitely is not. Realistically, you will not be denied entry to the MDR with a sport coat. The other nights in the MDR it is pants and a collared shirt, no jacket.

The simple answer is NO jacket required in the MDR (except for formal nights).:D

Jackets are nice. However, on my last cruise, I saw men without jackets on formal night. The only thing that was not allowed was shorts in the MDR. If you really want to avoid formal attire, you can eat at the buffet or in a specialty dining room.

At our table on the Century on my last cruise there was an unspoken consensus that the quality of the meal called for coat and tie every night--

why is sloppy a good thing???? Sometimes people sound like schoolkids trying to see what teachers will let them get away with.

At our table on the Century on my last cruise there was an unspoken consensus that the quality of the meal called for coat and tie every night--

why is sloppy a good thing???? Sometimes people sound like schoolkids trying to see what teachers will let them get away with.

I would hardly call dressy casual 'sloppy'. I will agree that some push the envelope a bit, but the vast majority follow the guidelines and the men dress very nicely in most people's opinion. I don't see following the guidelines as trying to get away with something and not sure why anyone would describe it that way? If you prefer being strangled by a tie every night no one is stopping you, but no reason to put down people following the rules.

OK, I have to ask. How do you detect the existence of an "unspoken consensus"?

I think leonardo is pulling our leg :rolleyes: or thank gawd I never sat at her table. I have been on many Celebrity cruises and other then formal night, smart casual is fine.

Not on our cruises ---- I wear a jacket on formal nights, and for the first one I usually wear a tie.

A jacket and tie is fine every night, if that's what you want to do. You'll see very few on any night but formal :)

I think leonardo is pulling our leg :rolleyes: or thank gawd I never sat at her table. I have been on many Celebrity cruises and other then formal night, smart casual is fine.

Smart casual is fine....but I think you're pulling our leg.;)

Not on our cruises ---- I wear a jacket on formal nights, and for the first one I usually wear a tie.

A jacket and tie is fine every night, if that's what you want to do. You'll see very few on any night but formal :)

Hi Jim & Allison:

I couldn't have said it better. I will wear a tie the first formal night and see how I feel for the last formal night. My "sports" coat cost me more than any suit that I have bought over the past 40 years.

I wore a tie and suit for 40 years, we had casual Fridays, but being an executive, I was never that casual. Since my retirement, all but 1 suit has been given away(a black one for funerals) and it's sports jacket and maybe a tie if the event is befitting of one(lol)!:)

Have a great Sail:

Gary & Norine

Bermuda Aug 26th Summit

I find the quality of the meal & service very nice in Blu... & it calls for neither coat nor tie... on any night, :) same goes for the entire ship & all restaurants, except for the MDR on formal night.

Hope no one is sloppy, especially not me.:D

Archived