Perks worth paying for

Bridge Maven

I would pay extra for late check out so I would not have to leave my luggage outside my door the last night and still have a porter. carry them off the ship in the morning!

I believe that is possible now but I can't find the Celebrity policy.... about $50 I believe to delay until departure until after lunch.

Travel on M-class ships -- they have buffet trays now.

Or, get sneaky! Order room service. Keep the tray. Bring it with you to the buffet and watch the jealous looks of your fellow passengers!

Can't you picture all these people walking around the ship, on the stairs, in the elevators, carrying their trays!

I think this option is only available for European sailings at the present.

Found a link

Extend Your Stay is being offered for the remainder of the current Europe season on Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Solstice and the brand-new Celebrity Silhouette. The program also will be available for future Europe seasons, and is available for purchase at the onboard guest relations desk. The cost of the program is $59 per adult, $29.50 per child ages three to 12, and free for children under three years of age. Guests participating in "Extend Your Stay" can depart at any time until as late as 90 minutes before the next cruise departs. "Extend Your Stay" departure times may vary by ship and itinerary based on local immigration regulations.

Sorry but I have not read a good idea here.

For the most part many of the ideas posted are either things that should occur now with no extra charge (like good entertainment) or things that would convert one issue into a similar but different one. Take chair fees for example: how would you feel if you booked three or four months out to find all the "good" chair spots were gone and when you went to find a chair there were lots of empty but reserved chairs. And if the reservations were not "sold" until the day of then youd have similar issues with queueing up for the rental sales to start. The real key to the chair hog problem is a monitoring and enforcement system that prevents holding of empty chairs for unreasonable periods. There are plenty of chairs if they are not hogged.

A few of the ideas would be ok in my mind for moderate increases in overall cruise fares (such as entertainment and food quality) but I presume the marketing geniuses at the cruise lines have already done their best to determine the best mix of cruise fare vs. quality levels needed to fill the ships and/or to compete. I just don't like the idea of more things with extra add on pricing - the current specialty restaurant options provide more than enough of that.

I would gladly pay more for a special check in line at peak hours on an S Class Embarkation.

I would pay for a special tender BACK to the ship on a hot sunny day where the lines getting back to the ship via the tender are huge (S Class).

I would pay extra if ships allowed us to take our motorcycles aboard to be used at the ports.

I would pay extra on a port intensive cruise to eat lunch in the MDR everyday as opposed to the buffet.

I was on RCL in the Caribbean on Independence of the Sea. They had 20 or 30 motorcycles off loaded in the mornings. They went for group rides on the islands during the day. I would pay for a lounge chair, but not near the pool. Richard

Can't you picture all these people walking around the ship' date=' on the stairs, in the elevators, carrying their trays![/quote']

Would anyone buy a portable chair in port for a seat at the pool?

Cost: $10 to $45 for a full cruise.

Carry your own tray and your own seat.

What next.......

I would gladly pay more for a special check in line at peak hours on an S Class Embarkation.

I would pay for a special tender BACK to the ship on a hot sunny day where the lines getting back to the ship via the tender are huge (S Class).

I would pay extra if ships allowed us to take our motorcycles aboard to be used at the ports.

I would pay extra on a port intensive cruise to eat lunch in the MDR everyday as opposed to the buffet.

The Explorer of the Seas does take motorcycle groups(with their bikes). On our last cruise in April there was a large group. At every port, the bikes were taken off first and were waiting for the group to tour the islands. The trip is organized by a former cruise director and they had bikers from all up and down the east coast.

The Explorer of the Seas also allows motorcycles. You have to book through a special travel agent. Google motorcycles at sea.

I know some the RCL ships are big but motorcycles? It's hard enough dodging the scooters up deck or when making our way around the ship. I couldn't imagine dealing with a bunch of motorcycles on my way from the martini bar to dinner. :rolleyes:

I know some the RCL ships are big but motorcycles? It's hard enough dodging the scooters up deck or when making our way around the ship. I couldn't imagine dealing with a bunch of motorcycles on my way from the martini bar to dinner. :rolleyes:

Hahahah! Thanks for the laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting topic and we hope it does not give the cruise lines any ideas on how to better maximize their onboard revenue. But when it comes to deck chairs you can certainly go on the Solstice Class ships such as the Silhouette where you can book a cabana for the day. On some Princess ships that have a private deck area (The Sanctuary) where you can book a deck chair on a half/day, full day, or full cruise basis.

I am also searching my ole memory because I recall one cruise line (might have been NCL) once tried to charge for premium entertainment but the experiment failed (quickly).

Hank

Yes, still looking for an affordable cruise line that will go "Sandals" style and be adult/couples only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might look at Seadream. Oh wait, you said affordable, well we can't have everything.

We too enjoy the all inclusive resorts. So nice to never have to swipe card or tally up at end and get really surprised. Tips, drinks, and at least one speciality restaurant meal would be my choice for extras. But wait, with drink packages and pre-paid gratuities, I have it close to perfect.

We too enjoy the all inclusive resorts. So nice to never have to swipe card or tally up at end and get really surprised. Tips, drinks, and at least one speciality restaurant meal would be my choice for extras. But wait, with drink packages and pre-paid gratuities, I have it close to perfect.

You can also pre purchase specialty dining in advance of the cruise if you would

Ike to.

Archived