Who on the Boards Would You Most Like to Cruise With?

richsea

Host Andy:

Time to have a CC sponsored cruise for people who wish to cruise together..

It's time to put our money where our keyboards lead us... :D

What a wonderful idea Nereus. I suggested it a while ago, and it's time to put it on the front burner again. It's *always* an honor to sail with our Cruise Critic community. I truly believe we're all an extended family, so to speak. For those who've sailed with me, you know how much I love talking about Cruising :). The possibilites of a Cruise Critic/Celebrity Group Cruise are endless. Let's see if we can gather interest.

I will be happy to discuss with our Community Manager shortly. I have a family situation to deal with over the few days, so I will get to it ASAP. When there is addtional information to share, I will start a new thread. Stay Tuned !

Great suggestion!

How to get a consensus:

A Florida port: MIA or FLL

A winter month: Jan/Feb/March

Length of cruise: 4/5/7/10/11/14 nights

"Work" is a four letter word but some are still too young to make commitments to longer cruises. ;)

Lois: Clear your calendar... negotiate a date with Andy..

What a wonderful idea Nereus. I suggested it a while ago, and it's time to put it on the front burner again. It's *always* an honor to sail with our Cruise Critic community. I truly believe we're all an extended family, so to speak. For those who've sailed with me, you know how much I love talking about Cruising :). The possibilites of a Cruise Critic/Celebrity Group Cruise are endless. Let's see if we can gather interest.

I will be happy to discuss with our Community Manager shortly. I have a family situation to deal with over the few days, so I will get to it ASAP. When there is addtional information to share, I will start a new thread. Stay Tuned !

Sign me up for that sailing!!!! That would be great!! What a blast it would be to meet everyone......One giant Connections party lasting days!!

I'm so glad that I started this thread, & am kind of embarrassed that I left so many names off, but I figured that would happen anyway.

Hi Cheryl, thanks for the kind words.....glad I helped:)

Maybe one of these days we will end up cruising together.:)

Lois .... You not only helped Cheryl but so very many others as well.

I'll always remember how wonderful you were when Zenith first began cruising out of JAX. You found folks hotel rooms and lots more.

It would be a true pleasure to cruise with you anytime.

How to get a consensus:

A Florida port: MIA or FLL

A winter month: Jan/Feb/March

Length of cruise: 4/5/7/10/11/14 nights

"Work" is a four letter word but some are still too young to make commitments to longer cruises. ;)

Lois: Clear your calendar... negotiate a date with Andy..

Hi Arno:)....lol.....

Lois .... You not only helped Cheryl but so very many others as well.

I'll always remember how wonderful you were when Zenith first began cruising out of JAX. You found folks hotel rooms and lots more.

It would be a true pleasure to cruise with you anytime.

That's when we first started to "talk" to Lois as well.

We have had the pleasure of sailing with her several times however.

Sign me up for that sailing!!!! That would be great!! What a blast it would be to meet everyone......One giant Connections party lasting days!!

I'm so glad that I started this thread, & am kind of embarrassed that I left so many names off, but I figured that would happen anyway.

Hi Rich:) there is no need to be embarrassed. There are others

I would like to meet as well. Too many to mention.

I don't think I've seen gkm (Garry) or husband Bob mentioned. The organizing and info they do on roll calls is fantastic. I'm so sorry I had to cancel the one cruise I had booked with them. I'd love to meet Karynanne, Tuggers, Phil, Andrew, TLC (photography lessons anyone?), waffle Ed...cracks me up whenever the word is mentioned, he suddenly appears on the thread! I've been fortunate to meet Larry and Sue...so, so nice. Many wonderful posters I haven't mentioned, but I really enjoy all the great chats and info on the X boards.

Elizabeth

Ive only been on the CC boards for 10 months, so I'm still relatively new. I've cruised for years before discovering this site but since discovering CC, and Celebrity I've become addicted.

The many vet's on this board that have helped turn me into a Celebrity cruise addict are to numerous, so I won't make a list.

Let's just say that the people from my roll calls, and other CCmembers are the people I have enjoyed excursions and dinners with on past cruises, and look forward to on future cruises !

I think Ed would be fun to cruise with although we might have to duke it out for waffles!

Oh no, I would never fight with a lady. (It's not that I am chivalrious, I'm just a coward). :o

LOL -- can you imagine ALL of us on one roll-call thread? It would be up to 10 pages, in a matter of minutes! Keeping fingers crossed that this cruise does materialize, and that we will be able to do it. I can't think of anything more fun that cruising with all of you guys! :D

(And thanks so much for starting this thread!)

WOW, I was just wondering what happened to Danno and Duck the other day, how funny you should mention Danno.

I am dying to sail you with too Andrew, and I believe we will be getting off Summit as you are boarding. Too bad. So close yet, so far!!

Darn!:mad: Did you think about staying on?:D

Andrew

I decided to turn this happy, positive, lighthearted thread into a negative thread by listing all the CC folks that I DON'T want to sail with:

But, I couldn't think of any. :)

I don't think I've seen gkm (Garry) or husband Bob mentioned. The organizing and info they do on roll calls is fantastic. I'm so sorry I had to cancel the one cruise I had booked with them. I

Elizabeth

So when are we going to cruise together? We were sorry when you cancelled too! There are so many cruisers I've sailed with and so many I want to cruise with, that this post would probably be way too long if I tried to name them all. I can't even begin to say how special this cruising family is and how much I always look forward to our next cruise because of the wonderful roll calls we get involved with and the anticipation of meeting new and old friends.

Garry

Garry

I don't think I've seen gkm (Garry) or husband Bob mentioned. The organizing and info they do on roll calls is fantastic. I'm so sorry I had to cancel the one cruise I had booked with them. I'd love to meet Karynanne, Tuggers, Phil, Andrew, TLC (photography lessons anyone?), waffle Ed...cracks me up whenever the word is mentioned, he suddenly appears on the thread! I've been fortunate to meet Larry and Sue...so, so nice. Many wonderful posters I haven't mentioned, but I really enjoy all the great chats and info on the X boards.

Elizabeth

I agree that the information Garry and Bob keep for the roll calls is great. They have it down to an art!

Phil

I decided to turn this happy, positive, lighthearted thread into a negative thread by listing all the CC folks that I DON'T want to sail with:

Agree with Ed, it would be difficult to pick out people you would not want to cruise with expecially on this board. I have to add a couple of names of people who no longer post on this board who I have known over my 17 plus years on this board. Most would not know them but Newt was one of the funniest guys ever on the Celebrity board and I would have liked to cruise with Danno. Also, would have liked to have cruised with our former moderator Anne. I have cruised with Lois and will be cruising again with Sandi (librarylady) in 3 weeks.

If we could all get together I would propose that we definitely have a waffle eating contest.

Thanks Rich for starting the thread and yes I feel like I know you also as a friend.

There is a person who seems very judgemental when posting on the boards and I didn't think I would enjoy a cruise with them. However, when we met on board, I was surprised to find them to be completely different from the image they presented on line and we enjoyed a pleasant conversation.

I'm sure all the humorous and helpful posters are exactly the way they seem to be and they are too many to name.

Sheila

Archived