Who on the Boards Would You Most Like to Cruise With?

richsea

I have had only good experiences cruising with the people I have met on these boards. I would be pleased to cruise with just about any of you. If Host Andy can put something together, that would be awesome!

Texed could probably waffle me under the table but I think I could keep up for a while!

Linda

Pretty refreshing and interesting posts, eh. I look forward to this thread daily. Far too many many wonderful folks that I feel I know but haven't had the pleasure/honor of sailing with. Have to admit as I read the names and conjure up images of past posts and sage advice (hmmm, I thought sage was a spice ?) from ya'll (yes, from Alabama), can't help but smiling. I told my wife "whatsername" That I'm tempted to contribute to ya'lls cruising funds as I delight in the photograhs and exploits that we receive in return. Trust me, you're not interested in her response. Once again, thanks for all the warmth and smiles you share....this post is borderline unmanly (a latin word for "icky") and I trust you'll be discreet.

Way too many names to list here - ALL of the CC'ers I have met and crusied with are wonderful. Ask a question for a foreign port and another CC'er is always ready willing and able to help these boards are the BEST...

However I do wish to note a few on the north west coast Putterdude, Scottbee & Urban Trekker although we talk about meeting for a cruise it has not happened yet - think we will have to work harder at it :):)

Other wonderful CC'ers we have cruised & made friends with are Travelots (Jim & Kim), Highland Cruiser (Brad & Mary) Holyland 2011; SandyKerr (Sandy & Gary) Baltics 2010; gkm (Garry & Bob) TA 2012; Critterchick ( Jean & Don) Pacific Coastal 2008; TenerifeSharon (Sharon & Hugo) Alaska 2007; Cornellc (Cindy & Curt) South America 2005 and the above is by no means an exhaustive list just a few friends we have made over the years of cruising I do not mean to deminish my love & respect for and of anyone even if your name is not on my list....

I would love to just live on a cruise ship so I can meet everyone form CC but time & $$$ is definitely my enemy :):)

Thanks! I know it's hard to remember everyone's screen names. I know I've forgotten a few.

I just love cruise critic and all the great people I've met on here. Cheryl how did you like the solstization of the Summit? We are sailing in a Sky Suite again in December and can't wait to see the changes. The Summit is one of our favorite ships.

I love Summit, she is by far my favorite ship and I have been sailing her twice a year for the past few years.

And truthfully, I believe I am in the minority on this one.....but I missed the old Summit.

There were a few changes that I was not happy with....but it certainly didn't ruin my cruise.

My main issues were the butcher job that was done to the foward lounge on deck eleven, Revalations. That lounge used to have 180 degree views and it was a great place to sit pulling into port or leaving....also in Alaska......on Infinity it was a fabulous place to go get warm and still be able to see full panoramic views.

They destroyed that lounge by inserting the fun factory into the port side of the lounge.......the views and the overall feel of the room is completely different.......there is a big wall running down the center.....you can't see accross the room anymore...... and you have to stand up against the glass in the front in order to be able to look around to the left and right.......

The other thing I do not like is .........get ready for a shock.........the Martini Bar and yes, I still spent plenty of time there......but I like the old one better.

This is why......

The new martini bar can only seat about 12 people. Then there are three tiny cocktail tables for two pushed up against the glass. In the old M-class Martini Bar there were banks of tables and velvet chairs and it was situated right outside the dinning room....... It was the best place to meet pre-dinner........and seating was never a problem........ The new martini bar is not warm and inviting and seems chilly......and if a fraction of the people on the ship decide to meet there before dinner the place is so packed that you can't get a drink........

I happen to know the bartender in there very well and she memorized my seapass and would make my drink before I even ordered it.....but the other poor souls standing around.........it was just impossible to get near the bar sometimes.......... and I would hear people saying they waited twenty minutes for a drink.....

I also missed the tappas in the evening at Cafe Baccio (formerly Cova Cafe). I used to love to grab a couple plates and head back to my room in the famous glass elevators that you taught me about :).....

Everything there is now sweet.......all day sweet...sweet....sweet.....

Finally, the sacrifice of space in the dinning room to add BLU made the dinning room a little more crazy in my opinion. I am waiting to see if the kinks have been worked out when I sail in October........ This issue was something that I feel could be worked on...as opposed to building a wall down the middle of Revelations........ which is fairly permanent I would imagine.....

The addition of Cellarmasters was also weird.... Cellarmasters is now where the Martini Bar used to be........and it was completely empty every single night........almost the entire night. I have no idea why. I can not explain it. By the end of the cruise in April my group of about 12 was using the beautiful table in there to play games after late seating.... The bartender was so happy to see us it was like he hadn't seen people in months :)

I loved Q-sine and Bistro on Five...... I am not opposed to the pay venues by any means....... But if I designed the ships I would have put the Fun Factory down on three where they gutted the conference rooms and movie theatre.......

Instead they put a bunch of ocean views in there........ and carved up the beautiful views in Revalations........

I am scheduled to sail her three more times in the next twelve months......so by no means have I stopped loving her...... I just wish they could have preserved some of her granduer......

Just returned from Solstice where I met some very fine CC members. A group met in Michael's Club each evening at the Elite Hour for interesting cruise related discussions. I don't know how to respond to positive comments except by saying "Thank You". Your names always bring back fine memories of past cruises. The list of people I've come to know and respect is far too large to mention. I have yet to meet Host Andy and Denny01 and would look forward to meeting them on a future cruise. I must note that the overwhelming people I've met have been highly positive people. Leads me to conclude that some of the cronic complainers who attack almost everyone and everything really don't cruise very much.

Just returned from Solstice where I met some very fine CC members. A group met in Michael's Club each evening at the Elite Hour for interesting cruise related discussions. I don't know how to respond to positive comments except by saying "Thank You". Your names always bring back fine memories of past cruises. The list of people I've come to know and respect is far too large to mention. I have yet to meet Host Andy and Denny01 and would look forward to meeting them on a future cruise. I must note that the overwhelming people I've met have been highly positive people. Leads me to conclude that some of the cronic complainers who attack almost everyone and everything really don't cruise very much.

Looking forward to meeting you again on Silhouette.

Ok, I thought the Elite Happy Hour was no longer at Michael's Club.

We just became Elite this year, and would much rather be at Michael's Club than some other lounge. It was always empty when we were on Eclipse a number of years ago.

It all depends how many elites are on board - if there are very few, it is Michaels, if it is a higher number it is up in the Sky Lounge, if it is very large numbers they split the group and those couples with the highest number of elite credits are asked to Michaels and the remainder will go to Sky. If that happends as you just became elite next year, you should expect it to be the Sky Lounge, it was lovely up there on our Summit cruise

Looking forward to meeting you again on Silhouette.

Ok, I thought the Elite Happy Hour was no longer at Michael's Club.

We just became Elite this year, and would much rather be at Michael's Club than some other lounge. It was always empty when we were on Eclipse a number of years ago.

Same here :) The Elite Hour is held in Michael's Club when the number is small. We had 140 Elites on Solstice and many had children who were not allowed into the Elite Hour.

We will have a much larger group and will probably be in Sky.

Welcome back. We're looking forward to our evening discussions in November with our mutual friends.

Thanks Arno. The Roll Calls for our cruises suggests a rather large group of Cruise Critic old and new friends. Together we will solve all the problems of the world and beyond ;)

I have had only good experiences cruising with the people I have met on these boards. I would be pleased to cruise with just about any of you. If Host Andy can put something together, that would be awesome!

Linda

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to announce, The 2013 Cruise Critic Group Cruise thread is now open, and we welcome your your ideas. Please visit us : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1690169

Same here :) The Elite Hour is held in Michael's Club when the number is small. We had 140 Elites on Solstice and many had children who were not allowed into the Elite Hour.

We will have a much larger group and will probably be in Sky.

Looking forward to meeting you in December wherever that may be. My best guess is a bar somewhere:)

Phil

Texed could probably waffle me under the table but I think I could keep up for a while!

Linda

Linda!:eek: I didn't get your meaning at first, and was going to defend Ed, saying that he would never waffle a lady under the table, unless she was willing!:p

Andrew

Linda!:eek: I didn't get your meaning at first, and was going to defend Ed, saying that he would never waffle a lady under the table, unless she was willing!:p

Andrew

LOL,

I may have to add that (waffling ladies under the table) as something to experience on a cruise:p

Great Thread, almost all cruise criticers are nice people so hard to say with whom I would love to cruise one day. I cruised with Texed ( Wink wink) already and lucky me I am not for waffles- more for pancakes- so there were enough left for each of us. LOL. Blazerboy and Tuggers - well those I would lvoe to meet on a cruise.

Greetings to all great cruises criticers´s

Michael

Great Thread, almost all cruise criticers are nice people so hard to say with whom I would love to cruise one day. I cruised with Texed ( Wink wink) already and lucky me I am not for waffles- more for pancakes- so there were enough left for each of us. LOL. Blazerboy and Tuggers - well those I would lvoe to meet on a cruise. y

Greetings to all great cruises criticers´s

Michael

Michael, I keep hoping we'll end up on the same cruise!:D

Andrew

Right now I am waffling over being waffled under the waffle table

Linda

I cruised with Texed ( Wink wink) already and lucky me I am not for waffles- more for pancakes- so there were enough left for each of us. LOL. Michael

Michael,

It was a great cruise. Maybe again some day. :)

Archived