Lufthansa Strike Threat 8/23/12

sos1720

I wouldn't let this disrupt my plans. Another carrier will be more than happy to accommodate you on their flights.

Easy for you to say if you don't have a paid ticket for a flight that might involve them, at least in part! :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting us know there might be a problem OP :)

I wouldn't let this disrupt my plans. Another carrier will be more than happy to accommodate you on their flights.

presuming of course that ''another carrier '' has space available. As we are in the peak of the summer travel time window, might be a bit dicey.....Of course, that's exactly why the union is sabre-rattling at this time....

Cheers

Lufthansa is part of the "Star Alliance" core of some 30 airlines in the United program.

Many of Lufthansa flights are actualy on United aircraft with United crews.

Even if there is a strike there are will be so many options in Europe that it will be scary.

The Star alliance resources for the largest airline in the world... and United is the largest single carrier of that. Chances are good that you Lufthansa flight for which you booked is really on a United aircraft !

Actually it's a United ticket on a Lufthansa flight and there are a few other flights near the same time but those flights do not have room for the 350 or so passengers that will not be able to fly with Lufthansa. It will be a major disruption. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

If I understand, you are traveling with 350 others? Are you on a charter trip?

I have seen it in other situations where. dependin on conditions tha United did not add equipment to meet the demand.

If the ticket is UA stock... they will get you there with to spare.

Relax

If I understand, you are traveling with 350 others? Are you on a charter trip?

I have seen it in other situations where. dependin on conditions tha United did not add equipment to meet the demand.

If the ticket is UA stock... they will get you there with to spare.

Relax

You will find out how friendly the "Friendly skies really are!

That seldom have I not seen a cancel flight not been replace with other options or equipment in my 30 years of flying UAL. 25 years ago I quit flying anyother airline except United for a reason flying many years over 100,000 miles world wide from Zurich to Singapore.

They are were the originator of Economy Plus, and have outstanding international first and Business and the best frequent flyer porgram

They have always in that time got me to my destination withing 2 hours of posted time.:o

That seldom have I not seen a cancel flight not been replace with other options or equipment in my 30 years of flying UAL. 25 years ago I quit flying anyother airline except United for a reason flying many years over 100,000 miles world wide from Zurich to Singapore.

They are were the originator of Economy Plus, and have outstanding international first and Business and the best frequent flyer porgram

They have always in that time got me to my destination withing 2 hours of posted time.:o

You have not flown them recently -- 3mm loyal miles and they should have just changed their name to Continental.

Three millimeter loyal miles?

The new name is "United", under United Continental Holdings.

igraf

ps I am booked on a Lufthansa flight this coming weekend.

You have not flown them recently -- 3mm loyal miles and they should have just changed their name to Continental.

True, Its been almost 30 days since I flew UA ( DEN-LAX-KOA) all of 757'-200's which I prefer for the extra space ( row 7 and 9) and not flying again for a month ( KOA-LAX) on an overnight RT.

I do agree Continetal has crummy planes and even worse crews. However they are getting a United make over. I only fly UAL's equipment with e+

I have seen in the past few months big equipment change some good some bad. Like the 757'-200 being converted to 757-300. for the Hawaii commuter ( Kona-LAX) as I call it They started using 737-800 HNL to LAX !!

On the otherside, they are converting the 757-200, with lie flat beds for domestic service ( flew LAX to IAH in a lie flat) and the UA Business seat and first class international suites are super.

Archived