Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Do you think they will raise the funnel higher and then add the stacks pipes. It looks like the slides are higher than the funnel and at this point it looks like the BBall court will be smoked out.:eek:

This is all very disconcerting to me as I love seeing that big blue funnel above everything else.:rolleyes:

I think the funnel will be as is but the sports court is going to be FULL of fumes from the smoke stack. I'm sure they're going to have to raise the exhaust pipes higher than up than the steel structure or add to it once the ship is floated out. When the ship is at sea fully the smoke usually wraps around the stack and curves down on the side of the ship away from the wind. In port there wouldn't be a problem unless it's really windy. I do agree the water slides in front of it do appear to be about even with the smoke stack. :cool:

I wonder if the new "breakaway plus" ship will fit under?

With Breakaway staying in NYC year round I doubt we'll see another larger version of it coming out of NYC again. Not sure where Breakaway Plus will be hanging out - maybe we'll get her here in Boston. Since NCL is expanding back into the Texas market one never knows if they'll throw a larger ship in a home port outside of Miami but serving the Caribbean. NCL concentrates a lot of their ships in the Caribbean except the summer when they're in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the larger Breakaway Plus never comes to the US and stays in the Med year round. I see the smaller ships branching out for NCL to other deployments across the globe including Asia and Australia. :)

Archived