Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

My guess is that the balcony is to the left and that the window is the porthole that was shown in the pre-renders for the bathroom. Just a guess but that room and the one on the other side of the ship will be the only forward penthouse rooms with the window in the bathroom.

My guess is that the balcony is to the left and that the window is the porthole that was shown in the pre-renders for the bathroom. Just a guess but that room and the one on the other side of the ship will be the only forward penthouse rooms with the window in the bathroom.

Exactly what I thought from the pic. Odd that only deck 13 is like that...I have one on deck 13 so thats why I am interested.

Exactly what I thought from the pic. Odd that only deck 13 is like that...I have one on deck 13 so thats why I am interested.

Here the Same Problem. I also Booked the Forward facing Suite on the 13th floor and i am still afraid that this is Not a window but something like a hull balcony.....

Here the Same Problem. I also Booked the Forward facing Suite on the 13th floor and i am still afraid that this is Not a window but something like a hull balcony.....

HATE!!! the hull balconies...unfortunately there is ONLY 1 forward penthouse that sleeps 4 so I have no choice. If I were you I would change. I think it looks like a hull balcony...but still wishful thinking.

What is with the dome like thing on the back top part of the ship? Is there going to be something indoors? I think I have asked this before is the pool indoors for the haven? We will be staying in the haven and are hoping for an indoor pool like we had on the Jewell.

What is with the dome like thing on the back top part of the ship? Is there going to be something indoors? I think I have asked this before is the pool indoors for the haven? We will be staying in the haven and are hoping for an indoor pool like we had on the Jewell.

I think I saw some time ago that the Haven pool would have a retractable roof, so that might be what you see:confused:

Hi Abe,

The "dome thing" on the back (just aft of the funnel) is the sports complex:

ncl_Brkwy_Sports_Complex_Aerial.jpg

As far as the Haven pool complex, there IS INDEED a retractable roof. It isn't pictured in the artist renderings because it was an afterthought. Since the Breakaway will be docked in NYC, they figured it would make sense to have the retractable feature. This is a photo from the actual build, and you can see the frame for the retractable roof:

12689_10151333868271414_2067022206_n_zpsedda97a5.jpg

You can see the framework above the haven complex in the front of this photo

~Michele:D

Hello folks, I wrote to Andreas Depping from the gallery I posted at http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de/. Very nice person. He told me that he is attempting to get permission from NCL to get some interiors pictures. My guess is that he lives near the shipyard since he is always posting pictures of several ships built there.

He said this "Outdocking will be end of February, afew weeks later the Ems conveyance happens. Final works and tests you can expect in April I suppose."

He will email me if he knows of anything new and of course if he gets new pictures.

Hello folks, I wrote to Andreas Depping from the gallery I posted at http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de/. Very nice person. He told me that he is attempting to get permission from NCL to get some interiors pictures. My guess is that he lives near the shipyard since he is always posting pictures of several ships built there.

He said this "Outdocking will be end of February, afew weeks later the Ems conveyance happens. Final works and tests you can expect in April I suppose."

He will email me if he knows of anything new and of course if he gets new pictures.

Thats very cool. Nice work!!

What does "outdocking" and "Ems conveyance" means?

Not sure lol. But from research outdocking is when they take out of the hangar to finish work on. Ems I think has something to do of the transfering the cruise through the canal. But I am really not sure. This are new terms for me.

Undocking is the moving of the ship out of the Hall and docking in the lagoon. The Ems is the river that the ship yard is on. They will make the long delicate trip to the sea and Bremerhaven to complete the finishing work, conduct sea trials, and to hand the Breakaway over to NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Hi Abe,

The "dome thing" on the back (just aft of the funnel) is the sports complex:

ncl_Brkwy_Sports_Complex_Aerial.jpg

As far as the Haven pool complex, there IS INDEED a retractable roof. It isn't pictured in the artist renderings because it was an afterthought. Since the Breakaway will be docked in NYC, they figured it would make sense to have the retractable feature. This is a photo from the actual build, and you can see the frame for the retractable roof:

12689_10151333868271414_2067022206_n_zpsedda97a5.jpg

You can see the framework above the haven complex in the front of this photo

~Michele:D

Thanks for the great information! The ship is looking great!

Not sure lol. But from research outdocking is when they take out of the hangar to finish work on. Ems I think has something to do of the transfering the cruise through the canal. But I am really not sure. This are new terms for me.

Cool!! not long to go now!!

Undocking is the moving of the ship out of the Hall and docking in the lagoon. The Ems is the river that the ship yard is on. They will make the long delicate trip to the sea and Bremerhaven to complete the finishing work, conduct sea trials, and to hand the Breakaway over to NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Hi Jim,

Just a quick question about her conveyance. I've watched the last seven ships being built and conveyed from the MeyerWerft main hall and they were all built 'stern first' at the exit door to the lagoon, were pulled out of the hall stern first, and made their conveyance stern first. Norwegian Breakaway is the first ship I can ever remember being built in the main hall bow first (although the have built the smaller Aida ships in the other hall bow first).

Any thoughts on if her conveyance is going to be bow first? Normally, and due to the fact that it gives the tugs better control, they are towed stern first down the Ems. I don't think the lagoon is big enough to turn the ship around prior to her trip down river.

THANKS!

Any thoughts on the outdoor promenade and restaurant/bar seating and how it will work on Winter departures? From the computer images some of the venues appear to have open 'windows' (?) that flow from interior seating areas to the exterior seating areas of that same venue. With the passenger load she is expected to carry will the interior public spaces be over-packed with people since the pool deck areas and promenade may not be usable for the first couple of days? THANKS for any insight.

Any thoughts on the outdoor promenade and restaurant/bar seating and how it will work on Winter departures? From the computer images some of the venues appear to have open 'windows' (?) that flow from interior seating areas to the exterior seating areas of that same venue. With the passenger load she is expected to carry will the interior public spaces be over-packed with people since the pool deck areas and promenade may not be usable for the first couple of days? THANKS for any insight.

With the outdoor space being very limited I don't think closing the doors for cold weather will cause any over crowding. I think in fact in nice weather getting one of the handful of outside dining seats will be a bigger issue.

with the outdoor space being very limited i don't think closing the doors for cold weather will cause any over crowding. I think in fact in nice weather getting one of the handful of outside dining seats will be a bigger issue.

Thanks! :D

Archived