Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Hello folks. Great thread here. Thanks.

I am seriously thinking about changing our celebrity reflection cruise for a 7 nighter to Bermuda. I think this ship might be a better fit for us.

Quick question. Prices seem a little steep, any sign of maybe a price drop or is this pretty much what I should expect?

Thank you Andreas for the pics.

Just one thing "shocked" me because I saw "something" that should be a balcony of the forward facing Penthouse which I booked on the 13th floor. It looks like it's not a window which belongs to the penthouse. Does NCL sell THIS as a balcony? :confused::confused::confused:

I would never book this penthouse if this is really a balcony?!?!?!?!

Here the pic:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=272&pid=8944#top_display_media

i think thats the window in the bathroom

Hello folks. Great thread here. Thanks.

I am seriously thinking about changing our celebrity reflection cruise for a 7 nighter to Bermuda. I think this ship might be a better fit for us.

Quick question. Prices seem a little steep, any sign of maybe a price drop or is this pretty much what I should expect?

I don't see any price drop for sometime. We booked our cruise after Labor Day 2013 so we could get a little bit of a break, but not much. The only thing we all could hope for is a great promotion, but we probably won't find a great promo for the Breakaway for sometime except the normal on board credit stuff.

The cruise is expensive and we are paying a lot for a great room, but I think it will be worth the cost. I can't wait till our sail date!

Good luck and hope you choose the breakaway because it is going to be a very unique and fun ship!

I don't see any price drop for sometime. We booked our cruise after Labor Day 2013 so we could get a little bit of a break, but not much. The only thing we all could hope for is a great promotion, but we probably won't find a great promo for the Breakaway for sometime except the normal on board credit stuff.

The cruise is expensive and we are paying a lot for a great room, but I think it will be worth the cost. I can't wait till our sail date!

Good luck and hope you choose the breakaway because it is going to be a very unique and fun ship!

Thanks for the response. Yeah we made up our mind, tomorrow I am canceling our prior cruise and booking breakaway. We love ncl and this ship seems very unique, I hope we made the right decision as this trip will substantially go over our planned budget.

Quick question. For those of you already booked, are the prices for the specialty restaurants already posted? Do they offer packages?

Thanks for the response. Yeah we made up our mind, tomorrow I am canceling our prior cruise and booking breakaway. We love ncl and this ship seems very unique, I hope we made the right decision as this trip will substantially go over our planned budget.

Quick question. For those of you already booked, are the prices for the specialty restaurants already posted? Do they offer packages?

The prices will be the same for the fleet wide speciality venues. No pricing yet that I have seen for Ocean Blu. No packages currently on any NCL ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The prices will be the same for the fleet wide speciality venues. No pricing yet that I have seen for Ocean Blu. No packages currently on any NCL ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Thanks, I will look into the pricing for those venues.

One more thing,

Does anyone know if the Freestyle Sun Deck is open for everyone?

Gambee, did you book this cruise? If so, when are you going?

So excited :) :) .... I have just booked our first NCL cruise on NCL Getaway, the 'sister ship' to NCL Breakaway. I will now be spending the next year and a bit obsessing over every photo and piece of information I can get on NCL Breakaway!!!

We stay in the UK and can only afford to cruise once every two years. As I'm a teacher, October holidays work better for us than the summer holidays as the price is much more appealing. We have never cruised with NCL before but read some fantastic things about them. :D

Keep the information coming!

Hello,

I have been following this thread and among others for the Breakaway and would like the opinion of those from Cruise Critic.

My partner and I are booked in Suite 13706 for the Transatlantic from South Hampton to NYC for April 30/13 for our Honeymoon.

When first booking we were told by NCL (Phone) and by Website that we would have a forward facing balcony. Since the ship has been built and seeing all the pictures that everyone has been adding (Which I am very grateful for) it seems that the forward facing balcony is no longer going to be. Which in all honesty is quite fine with us.

However when looking at the pictures of the ship being built now it seems that maybe our balcony is going to be a "Hull Balcony" as the picture attached it looks like there is a sliding door in behind. Now I have spoken again to NCL and they are promising that we have a "Private Balcony" and since they are not releasing floor plans for the Forward and AFT balcony's it is a little hard to be excited as I am not 100% sure we are not getting what we want.

The other thing we have been thinking of doing is going to a 2 Bedroom Villa. We would really prefer having a small dining area and our bedroom seperate so the Heaven Penthouses would not really be to our needs.

What I am hoping is that the Window (As it does not appear on any of the previous pictures from NCL) is just that a window and that to the left of it is our small private balcony.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kris:D

54.jpg.b2479e66a1597b2e16c95f949b9d3edf.jpg

Hello,

I have been following this thread and among others for the Breakaway and would like the opinion of those from Cruise Critic.

My partner and I are booked in Suite 13706 for the Transatlantic from South Hampton to NYC for April 30/13 for our Honeymoon.

When first booking we were told by NCL (Phone) and by Website that we would have a forward facing balcony. Since the ship has been built and seeing all the pictures that everyone has been adding (Which I am very grateful for) it seems that the forward facing balcony is no longer going to be. Which in all honesty is quite fine with us.

However when looking at the pictures of the ship being built now it seems that maybe our balcony is going to be a "Hull Balcony" as the picture attached it looks like there is a sliding door in behind. Now I have spoken again to NCL and they are promising that we have a "Private Balcony" and since they are not releasing floor plans for the Forward and AFT balcony's it is a little hard to be excited as I am not 100% sure we are not getting what we want.

The other thing we have been thinking of doing is going to a 2 Bedroom Villa. We would really prefer having a small dining area and our bedroom seperate so the Heaven Penthouses would not really be to our needs.

What I am hoping is that the Window (As it does not appear on any of the previous pictures from NCL) is just that a window and that to the left of it is our small private balcony.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kris:D

Kris-Did you see this thread below about the aft facing penthouse? From what I can tell it looks like the aft penthouse will have separate rooms...and be cheaper than the 2 BR villa. Have a great cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1670641

Hi. Quick question: From the deck plans released it looks like the 11th floor AFP are slightly bigger than the 12th floor. Also looks like port side (11308) looks slightly bigger than starboard (11908). Is that true or is it just rendition? Thanks, we are thinking of 12 day southern Caribbean. BTW, Gambee, your Breakaway review will be a deciding factor for us, no pressure!:D

Hi. Quick question: From the deck plans released it looks like the 11th floor AFP are slightly bigger than the 12th floor. Also looks like port side (11308) looks slightly bigger than starboard (11908). Is that true or is it just rendition? Thanks, we are thinking of 12 day southern Caribbean. BTW, Gambee, your Breakaway review will be a deciding factor for us, no pressure!:D

Gulp :o, that much pressure hu?

So far I am not even sure what think, I am not sure if you gone to the bermuda portion of this forum. But the outlook that Breakaway will be able to dock there is questionable. It seems like they need to repair/remodel the dock to be able to fit Breakaway. Bermuda declared to NCL that they would be ready for us, but some of the locals say that is at best questionable. So yeah here I am thinking what to do...

You're indeed right, this ship is review heaven for me. Plus with everything that I learned from my Allure review, this might be my chance at doing a great review. I am very excited about it, for christmas I got 2 new lenses that I am dying to try out. Both of the wide angles, that means less panoramas and much more detail in some cases.

My thought is that if they are not able to dock in Bermuda they might head south to nassau. I really would not like that much, but I guess it would have to do. Even worse would be 7 days at sea, not that I would not do them, but it would be less than ideal. I was even thinking on moving the date a little, but to when? Plus I want to be among the first people to sail/review this ship.

Just a lot of things to consider...

Hi. We're thinking of Breakaway Jan 2014 (12 day southern Caribbean). Balconies are EVERYTHING to us, and Breakaway balconies seem kindof small, even in the suites (esp compared to size of rooms!). That's why we're thinking of Aft facing penthouse, but cannot tell size of balconies. "Generic" balcony size says 125sf, which is nice (but not as nice as owners suites in RCCL:o) but using Epic as example, they say one size balcony, but many rooms in same category have visually different size balconies. They even use disclaimer that it is "average size for this cabin class, but sizes may vary". Also, per my previous question, even though they say all AFP are same size, they do indeed look different sizes depending on the deck. Is all this because Breakaway not complete, so not as many details as Epic? (see epic deck plan, shows "lines" where balconies are; not seen in Breakaway or Getaway deck plans.) Don't mean to be obsessive, but i am..:rolleyes:. Want to know what I'll get when I book the room we want.

thanks so much for your help with this!:cool:

Archived