Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Hello folks, I wrote to Andreas Depping from the gallery I posted at http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de/. Very nice person. He told me that he is attempting to get permission from NCL to get some interiors pictures. My guess is that he lives near the shipyard since he is always posting pictures of several ships built there.

He said this "Outdocking will be end of February, afew weeks later the Ems conveyance happens. Final works and tests you can expect in April I suppose."

He will email me if he knows of anything new and of course if he gets new pictures.

Hey gambee. Any updates? :D

Not yet. But trust me any info that I come across you folks are the first to know. This waiting game is not cool :D

Cool. Thanks.

There is a new webcam shot. I didn't post it because the camera is so far away you can barely see the ship.:mad:

Cool. Thanks.

There is a new webcam shot. I didn't post it because the camera is so far away you can barely see the ship.:mad:

Just out of curiosity, where is the site for the webcam updates? Mine shows only one from august, before the ship was a ship :D

Just out of curiosity, where is the site for the webcam updates? Mine shows only one from august, before the ship was a ship :D

It's on the site of the Shipyard, http://www.meyerwerft.de --->Werft--->Webcam.

But at the moment the ship is to far away to get a good look. Hopefully NCL will provide some inside pictures soon.

It's on the site of the Shipyard, http://www.meyerwerft.de --->Werft--->Webcam.

But at the moment the ship is to far away to get a good look. Hopefully NCL will provide some inside pictures soon.

I noticed the Meyerwerft's Webcam(in German) is dated January 9,2013,

and the page in English is from December, however, it's the same pic.:)

They used to have a note stating "updated frequently".

WE are more interested in bow photos, since we booked a oceanview OA

(in the front of the ship).

I would like to write to Meyerweft, about how important these webcam pictures are to us, however

they do not list an email address, nor do I speak German.

I noticed the Meyerwerft's Webcam(in German) is dated January 9,2013,

and the page in English is from December, however, it's the same pic.:)

They used to have a note stating "updated frequently".

WE are more interested in bow photos, since we booked a oceanview OA

(in the front of the ship).

I would like to write to Meyerweft, about how important these webcam pictures are to us, however

they do not list an email address, nor do I speak German.

The email is on there site.

E-Mail: info@meyerwerft.de

They can speak english now problem

Connie

Thanks to everyone for posting the great pictures.

After a two year cruising hiatus, we're getting ready to book a cruise on the gorgeous Breakaway!

I'm not too good at deciphering deck plans, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

We've pretty much decided to get a category M6 (mini-suite with large balcony) on deck 8. My ideal cabin configuration would be a regular open balcony (not in hull), bed near balcony (not couch near balcony), and bed facing forward.

I can see the bed indentations in different places, but I'm not sure how much of the space is the balcony. In cabin 8126 for example, the widest part of the cabin is toward the balcony, but is the wide part all balcony, or is part of it where the bed is? I hope that wasn't totally incoherent.

Thanks to everyone for posting the great pictures.

After a two year cruising hiatus, we're getting ready to book a cruise on the gorgeous Breakaway!

I'm not too good at deciphering deck plans, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

We've pretty much decided to get a category M6 (mini-suite with large balcony) on deck 8. My ideal cabin configuration would be a regular open balcony (not in hull), bed near balcony (not couch near balcony), and bed facing forward.

I can see the bed indentations in different places, but I'm not sure how much of the space is the balcony. In cabin 8126 for example, the widest part of the cabin is toward the balcony, but is the wide part all balcony, or is part of it where the bed is? I hope that wasn't totally incoherent.

Ok so here is the deal, this is my opinion and nothing more, I could be 100% wrong. We know very little about this ship so far to be certain of anything.

1. I think cabin 8126 might have the bed near the hallway, not the way you like it. If you see the it is narrower towards the balcony and then with balcony it becomes wide. Something like 8128 might have the bed by the balcony. See that it is wider towards the balcony?

2. I would not pick a room on deck 8 and here is why. You room is directly above the theater, so not only are you subject to the night noise of the shows, but also keep in mind they do rehearsals at many times of the day.

3. There is one thing that is still unclear to me. Look at the picture below. Notice that on deck 8 the fwd suite?? balconies are enclosed in what looks like a glass box??? I am not sure if its a full enclosure, or just the side. or even if they are balconies. Going by the deck plan they should be balconies, but I am unsure why they would render them like that. Well anyway just my 2 cents, :).

Happy cruising!

ncl_breakaway_hullart.jpg

gambee, thanks.

That is an interesting picture with all that glass. It all looks see-through too, which would take away any privacy on the balconies.

I did wonder about the noise factor, but the idea of being so near to the "waterfront" is very appealing.

I guess I shouldn't put too much faith in either the deck plans or the pictures -- in the picture those balconies all look to be the same width, but on the deck plan, they alternate between narrow and wide.

I'll talk to someone at NCL, but I'd be surprised if they know the details either.

I'll probably think about it for a while and then flip a coin. Whatever I end up choosing, I'm sure I won't be too unhappy. The boat looks amazing ;)

gambee, thanks.

That is an interesting picture with all that glass. It all looks see-through too, which would take away any privacy on the balconies.

I did wonder about the noise factor, but the idea of being so near to the "waterfront" is very appealing.

I guess I shouldn't put too much faith in either the deck plans or the pictures -- in the picture those balconies all look to be the same width, but on the deck plan, they alternate between narrow and wide.

I'll talk to someone at NCL, but I'd be surprised if they know the details either.

I'll probably think about it for a while and then flip a coin. Whatever I end up choosing, I'm sure I won't be too unhappy. The boat looks amazing ;)

You know I had a similar dilema in when I was picking the room for our celebrity cruise. Actually it is the same set of balconies that provide the closest experience to the ocean, that is something that I really wanted. But I am also a light sleeper, so yeah I had to factor that into the equation.

After I looked at your balcony I started looking at the rest of the balconies, it seems like all of them are inward and all have obstructions while looking down. The only set of balconies that can look straight down towards the water are the ones you're looking at.

The other thing you could do is wait a little and see if the dividers are not glass. I agree with you if the dividers are glass it kind of defeats the entire part of a balcony (private outdoor area). The ship should be laid in the lagoon in a month or so.

Quick update folks. Andreas visited the Meyer facility (I think yesterday), unfortunately they told him not to take any pictures of breakaway. So he was mainly there to take pictures of the Aida ship, which looks near completion to me. Sorry that is not the update everyone was expecting, but like I said if I get any info, I would share it.

From now I guess is a waiting game, either to get pictures directly from them or wait until the ship is out in lagoon.

Aida ship will be floated end of January and Breakaway possibly end of February.

Have a great weekend folks. :)

Thanks Gambee.....I enjoyed your Allure review immensely. I had the Allure booked, but then saw the NCL Sun....the old clunker, going on an 11 day cruise to ports we like in the deep southern Caribbean, including one stop in Cartagena, Columbia. I couldn't resist so I postponed our Allure cruise until 2014, and now we're going on the Sun. There were things we would have liked to do in Aruba, and Curacao that we didn't get to do last time, so we'll put the Allure on hold for a year. Your review really piqued my interest in the Allure. We will definitely do it, but in 2014. We can't wait. We also go a very good rate for a balcony cabin on the Sun. After sailing on The Dream, and The Breeze, smaller ship this time might be good for a nice relaxing 11 day, 5 sea day cruise. I hope you enjoy the Breakaway, but for me, I prefer sailing out of warm weather embarkation ports. I guess I go for the itineraries first, price second, and ships third. Let's just hope the Sun doesn't break down....:eek:

Thanks again for keeping us up to date on the Breakaway. I might just sail on a sister ship to her one day. I'm sure if it's in the right place, for the right price, we will. I have enjoyed your thoughts very much. Thanks for your time and efforts.

Thanks Gambee.....I enjoyed your Allure review immensely. I had the Allure booked, but then saw the NCL Sun....the old clunker, going on an 11 day cruise to ports we like in the deep southern Caribbean, including one stop in Cartagena, Columbia. I couldn't resist so I postponed our Allure cruise until 2014, and now we're going on the Sun. There were things we would have liked to do in Aruba, and Curacao that we didn't get to do last time, so we'll put the Allure on hold for a year. Your review really piqued my interest in the Allure. We will definitely do it, but in 2014. We can't wait. We also go a very good rate for a balcony cabin on the Sun. After sailing on The Dream, and The Breeze, smaller ship this time might be good for a nice relaxing 11 day, 5 sea day cruise. I hope you enjoy the Breakaway, but for me, I prefer sailing out of warm weather embarkation ports. I guess I go for the itineraries first, price second, and ships third. Let's just hope the Sun doesn't break down....:eek:

Thanks again for keeping us up to date on the Breakaway. I might just sail on a sister ship to her one day. I'm sure if it's in the right place, for the right price, we will. I have enjoyed your thoughts very much. Thanks for your time and efforts.

You're very welcome. I think you and me are the total opposites. I go for the ship first and ports last. I know that will change at some point in time, but for now, I am enjoying sailing and reviewing new ships. I am tech freak and I like to see all the gadgets that these new vessels have. You know when you said the sailing out warm climate, it sparked my curiosity. I was actually thinking that NY was going to warmer on May 71/51 average and that makes me very happy. I did NY during July one time and almost died of a heat stoke ;), knowing that it will be confortable will be nice for the day prior embarcation, NY is my second favorite city after Paris.

You have to understand that I Live in Ft. Lauderdale and currently our daily high is 80 degrees, damn global warming, this summer is going to be hell... :/

I just aslo noticed that Bermuda will be in the 70's in May, that is good and bad. Good because it makes it easier for me to carry all that camera equipment and bad for snorkeling in cold water. I am sort of a wuss with cold water, something to consider I guess.

Thanks for your post, it was very kind.

To all the followers, sorry for the quick hijack.

not to Hijack any more but we lived in upstate New York (Syracuse) for 25 years, and the last thing I want is to be in a cold wet spring. I am sure you'll have decent weather by May though.

We also lived in West Palm Beach before getting blown out of there by 3 hurricanes in 2 years.

I love new ships too, but just prefer to wait until they get reasonable with their prices. I am sure I will cruise on a Breakaway class or plus size ship in the future...but Allure first since I loved your pictures I can't wait for that one. I almost jumped and cancelled the Sun again after RCCL offered $100 OBC for a balcony.

Keep the good pictures coming Gambee....we really love them. That little baby is precious too from the OP.

Hello All,

We are scheduled for a Bermuda cruise on the Breakaway this June. Counting the days already. Does anybody know exactly what date the Breakaway will arrive in NY? Will there be some time of ceremony or ribbon cutting? Any way to get aboard to preview the ship?

Last year we took a cruise on the Jewel, but about 2 weeks before the cruise, we went to the city and we literally got to stand underneath the bow it as it left the pier. Awesome sight and the kids loved it too. Thinking about doing something like that again before Bermuda. I was hoping maybe NCL would have something special for their new boat.

Hello All,

We are scheduled for a Bermuda cruise on the Breakaway this June. Counting the days already. Does anybody know exactly what date the Breakaway will arrive in NY? Will there be some time of ceremony or ribbon cutting? Any way to get aboard to preview the ship?

Last year we took a cruise on the Jewel, but about 2 weeks before the cruise, we went to the city and we literally got to stand underneath the bow it as it left the pier. Awesome sight and the kids loved it too. Thinking about doing something like that again before Bermuda. I was hoping maybe NCL would have something special for their new boat.

The NCL Breakaway will arrive from Southampton, at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal - Pier 88, on May 7th, 2013.

If you live close enough, you may be interested in this other thread :http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36674005

Hello All,

According to NCL's blog page, there will be a Christening Ceremony on May 8, 2013. Although, it doesn't list the time. There is also a special sailing on May 10, 2013. So ship will be in it's berth at the pier until sailaway. It returns for it's first Bermuda run on May 12, sailaway is usually at 4-5 pm ship should be there all day on May 12 for photo op's as well. Since the May 10th sailing is a special event from the Katie Couric show, there will probably be news coverage galore around the pier during the May 8 - May 12th time span. It would probably be great fun to see the Christening of the ship, but not sure how close you would be able to get.

~Michele

Archived