Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

It would probably be great fun to see the Christening of the ship, but not sure how close you would be able to get.

~Michele

Great info thanks! I think there may have been some security lapse when we stood underneath the bow of the Jewel. The asked us to leave the pier only after the ship was nearly gone!

Some info was added on NCL facebook:

"Just Announced: Master Baker Buddy Valastro, star of the popular TLC television series “Cake Boss,” “Kitchen Boss” and “Next Great Baker,” will open an extension of his family business, Carlo’s Bake Shop, on Norwegian Breakaway and will serve all of the delicious treats and confections that the original bakery is known for, including his famous cakes, crumb cakes, Italian butter cookies, biscotti, rugelach, luscious éclairs, cream-filled lobster tails, tarts and more! Click LIKE if you are excited to indulge in Buddy’s delicious confectionary creations on board Norwegian Breakaway!"

36507_10151477301411414_624370869_n.jpg

I wonder where this bakery is going to be and my guess is that it will be for a fee kind of situation. In any case I plan on hitting this place to get a couple of delicious treats :).

Any thoughts?

Yes there is a fee. here are details posted by NCL today:

Carlo’s Bake Shop For Norwegian Breakaway

on 15 January 2013.

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that Master Baker Buddy Valastro, star of the popular TLC television series “Cake Boss” and “Next Great Baker,” will open an extension of his family business, Carlo’s Bake Shop, on the new Norwegian Breakaway, coming to New York City in May 2013.

Featuring all of the delicious treats and confections that the original bakery is known for, Carlo’s Bake Shop on Norwegian Breakaway will also give guests the opportunity to pre-order custom specialty cakes for celebrations such as birthdays and anniversaries. For a challenging and fun experience, Carlo’s will offer cupcake decorating classes, where guests can learn some of Valastro’s tricks of the trade.

“The New York area is known for its outstanding bakeries,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “As with all features of this new incredible ship, we wanted to bring not just a taste of the region to our guests, but the very best out there. Buddy is known as the ultimate baker, so we knew he was the best choice for our new bakery on Norwegian Breakaway. We are thrilled to welcome Buddy to the Norwegian family.”

“Spending time with family is one of the most important things. A cruise is a wonderful opportunity for a family to relax and have fun together and that is one of the reasons why I wanted to bring Carlo’s aboard this fantastic cruise ship,” said Buddy Valastro. “I am thrilled to begin this partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line and open Carlo’s Bake Shop on Norwegian Breakaway, the ultimate ship for families.”

Carlo’s Bake Shop will be located on Deck 8 in the former Cakestand location. Featured menu items will include freshly baked cookies, cakes and pies, such as Buddy’s famous Oreo, Dark Chocolate Mousse and Purple Groovy Fondant cakes; Italian butter cookies; biscottis; and an assortment of cupcakes. Luscious chocolate and vanilla cannolis, cream-filled lobster tails, and individual treats such as strawberry cheesecake, chocolate truffle and tiramisu round out the menu. The delectable goodies will be available for purchase à la carte.

Some info was added on NCL facebook:

"Just Announced: Master Baker Buddy Valastro, star of the popular TLC television series “Cake Boss,” “Kitchen Boss” and “Next Great Baker,” will open an extension of his family business, Carlo’s Bake Shop, on Norwegian Breakaway and will serve all of the delicious treats and confections that the original bakery is known for, including his famous cakes, crumb cakes, Italian butter cookies, biscotti, rugelach, luscious éclairs, cream-filled lobster tails, tarts and more! Click LIKE if you are excited to indulge in Buddy’s delicious confectionary creations on board Norwegian Breakaway!"

36507_10151477301411414_624370869_n.jpg

I wonder where this bakery is going to be and my guess is that it will be for a fee kind of situation. In any case I plan on hitting this place to get a couple of delicious treats :).

Any thoughts?

WOW....it just keeps getting better!! ;) :D

WOW....it just keeps getting better!! ;) :D

Carlo’s Bake Shop will be located on Deck 8 in the former Cakestand location. Featured menu items will include freshly baked cookies, cakes and pies, such as Buddy’s famous Oreo, Dark Chocolate Mousse and Purple Groovy Fondant cakes; Italian butter cookies; biscottis; and an assortment of cupcakes. Luscious chocolate and vanilla cannolis, cream-filled lobster tails, and individual treats such as strawberry cheesecake, chocolate truffle and tiramisu round out the menu. The delectable goodies will be available for purchase à la carte.

on 15 January 2013.

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that Master Baker Buddy Valastro, star of the popular TLC television series “Cake Boss” and “Next Great Baker,” will open an extension of his family business, Carlo’s Bake Shop, on the new Norwegian Breakaway, coming to New York City in May 2013.

Featuring all of the delicious treats and confections that the original bakery is known for, Carlo’s Bake Shop on Norwegian Breakaway will also give guests the opportunity to pre-order custom specialty cakes for celebrations such as birthdays and anniversaries. For a challenging and fun experience, Carlo’s will offer cupcake decorating classes, where guests can learn some of Valastro’s tricks of the trade.

“The New York area is known for its outstanding bakeries,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “As with all features of this new incredible ship, we wanted to bring not just a taste of the region to our guests, but the very best out there. Buddy is known as the ultimate baker, so we knew he was the best choice for our new bakery on Norwegian Breakaway. We are thrilled to welcome Buddy to the Norwegian family.”

“Spending time with family is one of the most important things. A cruise is a wonderful opportunity for a family to relax and have fun together and that is one of the reasons why I wanted to bring Carlo’s aboard this fantastic cruise ship,” said Buddy Valastro. “I am thrilled to begin this partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line and open Carlo’s Bake Shop on Norwegian Breakaway, the ultimate ship for families.”

Sounds to me NCL is going to one up RCL's "Cupcake Cupboard".

Hey.....Has anybody here tasted anything from Carlo's Bakery? I have on two seperate occasions and was not impressed. They were absolutely beautifully decorated, but I didn't think the taste was anything to write home about. Of course this probably won't stop me from trying something once onboard!

NCL is really stepping up! All of these new features plus the Freestyle vacation style are an awesome combination! Kudos NCL!!!!!

I really wonder how much more they can come up with? I am really liking the overall package that this ship is going to represent. I can't wait to board here.

I am also wondering since getaway will be ported in Miami, what parts of Miami/South Florida do they plan to incorporate into the ship. Think Ice Bar, bakery ect.

LOL....I will take one of EACH!! ;) :D

My thought exactly. I wonder how pricing is going to be, hopefully discounted. I see some macaroons in the display, I love those. I also wonder who will buy a full cake, I understand there are Bdays and such, but I imagine the market to be slim. My guess is that most pies will be for sale by the slice.

on 15 January 2013.

“The New York area is known for its outstanding bakeries,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “.

I shorted the full story not to take up froom but bolded what I wanted to get across.

Buddy is NOT in NY, his store is in New Jersey. I have passed there when going out to eat.

I have heard from others that it is not so great. I've never tried but I live in NY and I have a bakery not too far from me that I would most certainly say is better then Buddy.

I do like the idea though and think it's another good addition to the ship but if Kevin S is saying that NY is known for it's bakeries, why is the Breakaway getting one from NJ???

I really think that it all has to do is with name. His name is one that most people know, so it is a very easy product to market, good or bad. I am somewhat guessing that he will train the ncl staff to bake with his recipes, hopefully it is all tasty.

And yeah I agree it's ny area. Jersey is pretty close by.

I shorted the full story not to take up froom but bolded what I wanted to get across.

Buddy is NOT in NY, his store is in New Jersey. I have passed there when going out to eat.

I have heard from others that it is not so great. I've never tried but I live in NY and I have a bakery not too far from me that I would most certainly say is better then Buddy.

I do like the idea though and think it's another good addition to the ship but if Kevin S is saying that NY is known for it's bakeries, why is the Breakaway getting one from NJ???

look at the "New York" giants and jets neither of which play in NY.

Hey.....Has anybody here tasted anything from Carlo's Bakery? I have on two seperate occasions and was not impressed. They were absolutely beautifully decorated, but I didn't think the taste was anything to write home about. Of course this probably won't stop me from trying something once onboard!

I totally agree... We've also had some desserts from his bakery and were not impressed. It was good, don't get me wrong, but not blow my socks off. And fondant? Bleeeech!! :eek:

No worries though, I'll be in line to try some baked goods on the Breakaway! :D

I grew up in New Jersey and worked in New York City...for many, the New York area spreads across the boroughs and into New Jersey (as someone mentioned...think sports teams).There is still a healthy rivalry of course!

can anyone give me their opinion on what you think the balcony for cabin 12236 will look like? It seems to me that the room next to it is an inside and that indent might be extra balcony space for 12236? I'm I totally off base??

I don't agree with you. By the the room next to it do you mean 12238? All tha means is that your room is the last one on that hump. it looks like that room might be a suite, but not sure.

I am sure that all rooms on that side have balconies. Now across from you 12631 will be an inside of course.

Archived