The final Veendam sailaway to (optimistically) Bermuda

rafinmd

Well, sppunk and Salacia are back at the dock. Welcome home. The Veendam passed under the bridge at 6am and was visible on the Statue camera for about 10 minutes.

Today's linup is:

Summit 4PM

Carnival Miracle:4PM

NCL Star: 4PM

Veendam: 4:45

If all ships get off on time, Veendam should be in Lou's spotlight for quite a while.

I will be missing this webcam sailaway but am happy with my alternate plans.

After learning of my church's plan for today (a hymn sing and I figure a few hymns is good enough-- sorry Himself and RevNeal) I'll be leaving church early for Amtrak BWI. My train is due to arrive NYC at 2:55, and barring hope to be near the Hudson as the ships go by. I'll try to post some pics from midtown later.

Roy

Well, sppunk and Salacia are back at the dock. Welcome home. The Veendam passed under the bridge at 6am and was visible on the Statue camera for about 10 minutes.

Today's linup is:

Summit 4PM

If all ships get off on time, Veendam should be in Lou's spotlight for quite a while.

I will be missing this webcam sailaway but am happy with my alternate plans.

After learning of my church's plan for today (a hymn sing and I figure a few hymns is good enough-- sorry Himself and RevNeal) I'll be leaving church early for Amtrak BWI. My train is due to arrive NYC at 2:55, and barring hope to be near the Hudson as the ships go by. I'll try to post some pics from midtown later.

Roy

You should be happy with your alternate plans:):)

Hope you get some good sightings and enjoy your cruise:D

Pretty sure Himself and RevNeal will forgive you for trying to catch a cruise:)

You should be happy with your alternate plans:):)

Hope you get some good sightings and enjoy your cruise:D

Pretty sure Himself and RevNeal will forgive you for trying to catch a cruise:)

Ditto to what Jacqui posted, Roy! And thanks for letting us know...we'll wave at you from home!

Holy cow, best debarkation ever. Red 2 called off at 8:30, in taxi at 8:45, at Penn Station at 8:58 and on 9:09 train home with time to spare (after switching our tickets from a later train).

Goodbye Veendam, it's been interesting. Full review coming later. A teaser: Waterfalls, windows and an angel dressed in white.

Holy cow, best debarkation ever. Red 2 called off at 8:30, in taxi at 8:45, at Penn Station at 8:58 and on 9:09 train home with time to spare (after switching our tickets from a later train).

Goodbye Veendam, it's been interesting. Full review coming later. A teaser: Waterfalls, windows and an angel dressed in white.[/quote]

Sounds interesting.

Can't wait to read your review.

Goodbye Veendam, it's been interesting. Full review coming later. A teaser: Waterfalls, windows and an angel dressed in white.

Hello sppunk - I'm looking forward to your review. Since DH and I are on the Sept 2 cruise up the East Coast to Eastern Canada I sincerely hope we don't get to experience the "waterfall" part of your cruise. A flooded cabin sounds really unpleasant and inconvenient to me. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have plumbing or A/C problems.

The itinerary for this cruise sounded perfect to me, so I took a chance and booked it. Here's to hoping we have a cabin without major problems.

Kathy

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Today's linup is:

Summit 4PM

Roy

Actually, today's sail-away lineup as per the NY Harbor Webcam FB page is:

NYH | CELEBRITY SUMMIT | 16:00 (4 p.m.)

NYH | NORWEGIAN STAR | 16:00 (4 p.m.)

NYH | CARNIVAL MIRACLE | 17:00 (5 p.m.)

NYH | VEENDAM | 17:00 (5 p.m.)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NY.Harbor.Webcam

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

Sppunk, you lucked out by taking earlier disembarkation! Lime 3 was called around 9am. There were problems with the ship's elevators being stuck (we were trying to get from Deck 10 to Deck 5 which took about 20 minutes until we finally got in an elevator that worked). Several passengers decided to walk down rather than risk getting stuck in an elevator. (We were carring camera, laptop, Duty free purchases and carry on luggage, so we had to use an elevator.) BTW, we talked to 2 crew members who were trying to figure out what was causing the problem with the elevators.

Then there was a delay which HAL said was due to an insufficient number of US Customs Inspectors, resulting in passengers standing in the hallways/stairwells while waiting roughly 15 minutes to disembark the ship. Once we reached the luggage pick up area, there was another 20 minute wait for a porter to transport our luggage to the parking lot since the porters were mostly in the front of the terminal where NCL was also disembarking.

Thankfully, our car was parked in the terminal lot as the lines for taxi's were HUGE due to so many ships arriving at the same time. It took one hour and fifteen minutes to get from our cabin to our car in the terminal lot. Anyway, I learned a lesson: next time, I'll plan to disemark earlier rather than later, especially when there's several ships docking at the same time. Someday I also hope to learn to pack light:o

Anyway, it wasn't the worst disembarkation I've experienced, but it certainly didn't go smoothly for some passengers.

Have a great cruise! Will you be blogging and if so, will you provide a link? Always enjoy reading about your adventures.

Thanks all. We were warned of track work below Wilmington. We just passed Wilmington 20 minutes late and it should be clear track from here on. I should be in Penn Station no later than 3:15. Amtrak Connect wifi is very slow today (much worse than on ships). I've started a thread on the Crystal forumn and will have pictures, menus, etc at:

http://crystalautumntrio.wordpress.com

I'll post a link to the thread when I have better internet. I'm starting a QM2 TA Tuesday, followed by 3 cruises in 3 months on the Crystal Symphony. I'll blog all 4 on the Crystal forum and dual post the QM2 voyage on the Cunard forum. Don't get upset RuthC, but I'm planning one more post about this on the HAL forum.

Love My Boxer, thanks for the updated sailaway times.

Roy

Welcome home.

Your review will be interesting to read.

Thanks all. We were warned of track work below Wilmington. We just passed Wilmington 20 minutes late and it should be clear track from here on. I should be in Penn Station no later than 3:15. Amtrak Connect wifi is very slow today (much worse than on ships). I've started a thread on the Crystal forumn and will have pictures, menus, etc at:

http://crystalautumntrio.wordpress.com

I'll post a link to the thread when I have better internet. I'm starting a QM2 TA Tuesday, followed by 3 cruises in 3 months on the Crystal Symphony. I'll blog all 4 on the Crystal forum and dual post the QM2 voyage on the Cunard forum. Don't get upset RuthC, but I'm planning one more post about this on the HAL forum.

Love My Boxer, thanks for the updated sailaway times.

Roy

Thanks for starting this sail away thread.

Wishing you safe and healthy travelling.

Archived