No more email for shareholder benefit

FLACRUISER99

That seems like a giant step backwards.

I totally agree, that would be a backwards step, faxing is rather outdated and many corporations are getting rid of faxing :confused: But the only thing I can think of is that the cruise lines do NOT want passengers constantly emailing to see if the benefit has been added. This will definitely at least for me make it s bigger pain to attempt to get my stock statement to them. For the last several years I have just attached a copy of a recent statement to an email.

Glad i still have my FAX machine.

Infrequentcruisers

What a nuisance!

My antique fax machine is stowed away on a shelf somewhere. I haul it out for stuff like this once or twice a year.

If you don't have a fax and can't fax from your computer, I think UPS stores and Kinkos may still offer fax services. Or there is snail mail.

Gee, I have always faxed in our statement. I print out the statement, then black out items which HAL doesn't need to know, and the fax it. I really don't mind using the fax method. On my fax, I ask them to please email me with a confirmation that the credit has been applied. I guess they will not respond anymore. I take my fax cover sheet and statement copy with me to the ship. Then, on embarkation day, usually after dinner (when the line is short or nonexistent), I go to the Front Desk and ask for confirmation that the credit has been applied (it always has been).

I totally agree, that would be a backwards step, faxing is rather outdated and many corporations are getting rid of faxing :confused: But the only thing I can think of is that the cruise lines do NOT want passengers constantly emailing to see if the benefit has been added. This will definitely at least for me make it s bigger pain to attempt to get my stock statement to them. For the last several years I have just attached a copy of a recent statement to an email.

i think you are correcton both counts. someone has to monitor that email and reply to the queries about if it has been applied. the more difficult it is for the requestor - both to get the credit and inquiring about the credit - the less of them there will be.

Maybe HAL still accepts e-mail? Hopefully..........

Looks like the do not..

you can usually fax from an email program, i do it at work all the time

here are instructions on how to do it

http://www.maxemail.com/max/cgi-bin/support.cgi?action=m_faq_detail&code=S102

You have to pay for this service..Paying $9.95 a month for the use of it twice a year defeats the purpose..And paying individually looks too cumbersome to me..

Gee, I have always faxed in our statement. I print out the statement, then black out items which HAL doesn't need to know, and the fax it. I really don't mind using the fax method. On my fax, I ask them to please email me with a confirmation that the credit has been applied. I guess they will not respond anymore. I take my fax cover sheet and statement copy with me to the ship. Then, on embarkation day, usually after dinner (when the line is short or nonexistent), I go to the Front Desk and ask for confirmation that the credit has been applied (it always has been).

Our printer is a combo Copier/FAX machine & this is exactly the way I do it..

cheers...:)Betty

About 10 days ago I emailed HAL my paperwork for 2 different cruises in Jan and Feb and got an email reply within 2 days stating credits had been applied. Just need to check with my TA to make sure it has really been applied.

Two years ago we were told not to e-mail the request, to ask our travel Agent to arrange for the OBC.

Personally I find it a bit of a security issue. I would not want a third person getting my stock information. While many have a well trusted TA ;) I find it a personal thing that I would not want anyone but me and then HAL who is the one getting me the stock credit to have access to my information. This is one area where the Travel Agent does not need to be involved, from the TA stand point and the passenger standpoint I would not want someone else with the information.

Personally I find it a bit of a security issue. I would not want a third person getting my stock information. While many have a well trusted TA ;) I find it a personal thing that I would not want anyone but me and then HAL who is the one getting me the stock credit to have access to my information. This is one area where the Travel Agent does not need to be involved, from the TA stand point and the passenger standpoint I would not want someone else with the information.

Our Travel Agent has to forward the information to the NZ HAL agent to obtain the OBC.

i think you are correct on both counts. someone has to monitor that email and reply to the queries about if it has been applied. the more difficult it is for the requester - both to get the credit and inquiring about the credit - the less of them there will be.

Yes, heaven forbid they be bothered by pesky shareholders (customers). Now, instead of replying to emails there will be faxes and telephone calls to deal with. I think this is just going to create more work and problems for CCL. It's much easier to misplace a fax than it is an email and instead responding to an email at their convenience the staff will now be tied to the phone answering the same questions.

Now our personal information can be seen by anyone walking past the fax machine when the fax comes in to CCL. I'd certainly want to make note of time differences so the fax wouldn't just be sitting there with no one in the office except perhaps the cleaning crew.

Same here, Bill. An added benefit for me is that the woman who runs the local copy shop loves to travel and when I drop in to FAX my shareholder credit request it becomes a social occasion. The statement copy I send has so much black marker that it would hardly give anyone information about me except that I own the required shares of stock.

Another step backwards for HAL.

Actually not just HAL but all the CCL Brands :(

I totally agree this is a big step backwards, fax machines are becoming obsolete and why they would eliminate the emailing is beyond me, unless the felt they were getting more fraudulent statements :confused:

Actually not just HAL but all the CCL Brands :(

I totally agree this is a big step backwards, fax machines are becoming obsolete and why they would eliminate the emailing is beyond me, unless the felt they were getting more fraudulent statements :confused:

Excuse my ignorance, but how would faxing help that?

There's always someone that has to work the system:rolleyes:.

Archived