Do I get same benefits with Celebrity as I do with RCCL?

Thank you, would it be the same for a Diamond member also?

Yes, Diamond and above in C&A receive Elite status on Celebrity. Perks of Elite are not the same as Diamond or Diamond Plus. For example, Celebrity does not have a balcony discount. Here are the Elite benefits:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

Thank you, would it be the same for a Diamond member also?

yes...call X and have them enroll you in Captain's club..you'll give them your C&A number and they will give you a Capt Club number...you will get the appropriate status, with 0 cruise points...

X cruises don't get you Royal credits and vice versa...but you'll be status matched....and IMO the Elite perks are pretty good!!!

There is not a 'real' C or D Lounge on the Celebrity ships. Celebrity has a continental breakfast in Michael's with fancy coffees, mimosas and bloody marys. The evening complimentary cocktails are served from 5pm to 7pm with the appetizers passed by the waitstaff. When we were on the Solstice there was no happy hour on the night of the captain's welcome aboard event and I don't think there was one on the first night. If you like martinis those nights are a good time to visit the Martini Bar.

There is a sheet not a booklet with your Elite level coupons.

There will be a designated area for drinks (usually Michael's, but I've seen the evening event moved to another place if the numbers are overwhelming). They definitely have a few nights where this lounge is closed which is somewhat disappointing when compared to RCI.

Yeah you will get your status but if you are close to the next level your points wont bump you up. You will accumulate Celebrity points, but will get C&A benefits. Not a bad deal if there is a ship that doesn't go where you want.

If you are close to your next level though you have to decide if its worth it to you

Yes, Diamond and above in C&A receive Elite status on Celebrity. Perks of Elite are not the same as Diamond or Diamond Plus. For example, Celebrity does not have a balcony discount. Here are the Elite benefits:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

Thanks for that link, I am considering a X cruise after I make Diamond and the link was helpful. However, calling this a benefit? -

Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

I certainly wouldn't pay for access to the Loyalty Ambassador :D

Thanks for that link, I am considering a X cruise after I make Diamond and the link was helpful. However, calling this a benefit? -

Complimentary access to the on board Loyalty Host during your cruise

I certainly wouldn't pay for access to the Loyalty Ambassador :D

We have been Elite on X for years. Daimond+ on RCCL.

Different styles. We prefer X but they no longer go out of NY/NJ except for Bermuda, so it's RCCL since I can't fly. If You like RCCL you will LOVE X. I hope they come back to NY/NJ.Getting tired of Caribbean same islands, but same cruise is better than no cruise.

:)

I've been looking at X for about 3 years. Just can't get past the no balcony discount. And no "happy hour" on first night and sometimes other nights as well. Plus the "suites" at the basic level are only the size of Jr. Suites on RCI and always cost more than GS's (with the expception of Oasis and Allure GS's) which we usually book on RCI. Maybe someday!

I've been looking at X for about 3 years. Just can't get past the no balcony discount. And no "happy hour" on first night and sometimes other nights as well. Plus the "suites" at the basic level are only the size of Jr. Suites on RCI and always cost more than GS's (with the expception of Oasis and Allure GS's) which we usually book on RCI. Maybe someday!

Does Royal has happy hour on embarkation day?

We have been Elite on X for years. Daimond+ on RCCL.

Different styles. We prefer X but they no longer go out of NY/NJ except for Bermuda, so it's RCCL since I can't fly. If You like RCCL you will LOVE X. I hope they come back to NY/NJ.Getting tired of Caribbean same islands, but same cruise is better than no cruise.

:)

We are leaving on Saturday for 14 nights on the Celebrity Summit from NJ, but we are going to Canada and New England with an overnight stay in Quebec. It doesn't just go to Bermuda. And with hurricane Leslie, we might not make all of our ports. Have to wait and see what develops. And as you said, any cruise is better than no cruise. ;)

Kind of thought the same thing, however, on the cruise we booke for April 2014 on celebrity it is $400 less total that Royal with our D+ balcony discount and the itin is what we want. So even though we pretty much do nothing but Royal, we are doing Summit for April 2014. See how we like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Often the pricing is the same, even without the C&A Balcony discount. We were very pleased with our Celebrity try, that we are starting to sail them more often. The benefits are very nice, the food is great and the service superior. It also seems to be a better fit for us.

The lack of a cocktail hour the first night, or even that the cocktail hour is (only) 2 hours each evening, is not a deal breaker for us. We like the other benefits. Champagne when boarding, complementary Bloody Marys, Mimosas and specialty coffees each morning, Elite high tea, Free dry cleaning, ability to bring some wine, etc etc, seem to make up for it!

enjoy

M

Archived