Problems with "Quick Reply"?

nordski

Hi

Anyone else having problems using "quick reply" on this forum.

I can use it on other forums but not on any Azamara thread,

Is this an odd "glitch" or a "feature" to make me stop and reconsider any reply I wish to post? :)

There are two icons to the right of the "quote" button and to activate quick reply you have to click on one of them.

I personally subscribe to the "engage Brain before starting Mouth" school, well, at least most of the time. :)

Yes, I just now had a problem with the button, and then I didn't.

I first clicked on the "quick reply" button on the Second or last post by greeneg and nothing happened, so I went up to the first post by nordski, and that brought up this "quick reply" area. I decided to repeat the entire procedure and got the same results, so there seems to be a problem in the quick reply button.

Let's see if it repeats itself.

We game players in the Floataway Lounge really like the quick reply button. :)

Neither the "quick reply" nor the "multi-quote" button work for me running Firefox on Windows 7.

Quick reply has not worked on either my iPad or windows xp pc for a few weeks on this board but fine on the Celebrity board

Do I need to get a life? Nah, this IS my life. Nice to remember that old t.v. show, This is Your Life. I liked it a lot. What was that host's name?

Anyway, so therefore I never had used the quick reply button. I also had never seen the "multi'quote" button, nor am I clear on its function. Perhaps I should try it some time.

But how very strange that a feature would work on the =X= boards but not on Azamara. Isn't it? or isn't it.

Hi Everyone,

I'm puzzled why it's happening on some forums, not others.... and some types of browsers and not others. At any rate, I will pass the information along to our Community Manager.

Thanks for the responses.

It is somewhat comforting to know the issue is not isolated to my software (like uktog I'm running XP and thus on older version of Explorer). Perhaps my proposed computer update can thus be postponed :)

Thanks especially to Host Andy for passing on the problem.

Thanks especially to Host Andy for passing on the problem.

Hi Everyone,

I kept my promise, and reported the issue to our Community Manager. Let's hope it's resolved sometime soon.

I am using Vista/Chrome & I can no longer use any of the buttons within an individual post. I cannot even use 'Quote' any more. All I can do is use 'Reply' at the top of the page & if I want to quote, I have to copy the text & then put the Quote code around the text. :(

No - Quick reply or Multiple Quote doesn't work for me on Safari, Chrome or Windows 7.

I just use the "reply to post" button or "quote" button.

I can't even use Reply to Post or Quote on my PC. I did here as I'm using Tapatalk on my phone!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I can't even use Reply to Post or Quote on my PC. I did here as I'm using Tapatalk on my phone!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Until this thread was started, I never even heard of quick reply! And I have to agree, how very strange that it works on the Celebrity boards but not here at Azamara.

My quote still does seem to work.

Edit does seem to work for me.

Archived