"Live" (I hope) from Radiance - Sailing to Hawaii

PCWalton1

This afternoon we went to see a show called the Spirit of Polynesia in the Centrum. We arrived about a half an hour early and the best we could find for seating was two more decks up sp sorry about the overhead shots.

We had them on our Radiance cruise to the South Pacific & Hawaii. They are from the SF Bay Area, CA. Great fun!

We are thoroughly enjoying your live review! Thanks!

Loving your review! Thanks so much for doing it! Love following along on your journey! Marie always has a smile on her face and goes along with all the picture taking. I need to follow that next time my husband takes cruise pictures and not complain, "not another picture!"

Lois

Loving your review! Thanks so much for doing it! Love following along on your journey! Marie always has a smile on her face and goes along with all the picture taking. I need to follow that next time my husband takes cruise pictures and not complain, "not another picture!"

Lois

She loves getting in front of the camera. For me it is something I have to do so that others will know i really exist.

I am going to start out saying sorry for these pics, the Nikon was in the safe for the evening so using Marie’s point and shoot. I pointed but it didn’t shoot all that well.

Got a mixed bag in Main Dining tonight. Dress was casual/country and western, or as I like to say the “OK you can wear jeans tonight” attire. However I guess nobody told the chefs and waiters as it was Italian night as far as the menu and the staff walking around singing O sole ameio while we wave napkins. All I know is I got scallops risotto, lamb shanks and tiramisu so yee ha, bring on the country.

7995111762_a211ebf37e_c.jpg

Really bad dining room shot.

I didn’t check the Cruise Compass going into the headliner show so when it was announced it was a pianist (Craig Dahn) I almost bolted. But he turned out to be a lot of fun. Definitely had a diverse playlist as we heard everything from Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue to Lady Gaga Bad romance. As I said earlier sorry for the sorry looking pics but I wanted include something.

7995111660_6af84c4b4c_c.jpg

His Phantom tribute

7995106559_ea55d87a70_c.jpg

7995111450_2f56960f4d_c.jpg

Yup, that is Lady Gaga

7995106863_dbd55105c0_c.jpg

Finishing with Jerry Lee Lewis

One of the highlights of the headliner show happened about 5 minutes before it started. A young lady in a short, tight, black dress and 6 inch stiletto heels tried navigating the steps with drink in hand. Yup, the inevitable happen about 3 steps from the bottom (sorry guys, I didn’t get any pictures of that. :p) Course the young guy with her got up after she tumbled.

Marie has done a good job at the slot machines her last two sessions, she has banked $130 in the safe. Since she is getting $20 a day from me she is only $70 from having us break even. You never know, we may turn a profit (oops, no I have jinxed it)

Good Night all

Morning coffee was under grey skies but calm seas. It is warmer again today as we inch closer to the tropical weather. Actually I am in no hurry to get to the islands as that would mean the cruise is already half way over.

7997360478_bfba8e9cc9_c.jpg

We tried main dining for breakfast this morning. We were seated as soon as we arrived with four other couples. I love Eggs Benedict but saw they had Salmon Benedict so I had to try it. Definitely falls within the top ten of breakfasts I have had at sea. I loved the smokiness of the salmon and the eggs were poached perfectly.

7997353341_cf6ff302b6_c.jpg

7997353675_6d444831a3_c.jpg

7997353469_41c77ff7b2_c.jpg

There was two before I thought to take a picture. :o

We had an appointment at the C&A desk later in the morning so we did a walk about mostly on deck to enjoy the morning. Took a few laps around deck 11 and then headed down to deck five to go out on the helicopter pad. Had a few showers drop put of those grey clouds this morning but still nice and warm.

7997352947_4d8bde8944_c.jpg

7997358940_7c3ce02ac8_c.jpg

7997352105_acdee78af9_c.jpg

7997351937_d8b7849999_c.jpg

7997351501_b2707bdd62_c.jpg

7997360656_16e97fb58d_c.jpg

At the end of the morning we had our appointment with Michelle at C&A. We booked Legend of the Seas for November 2013, a 15 day from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego through the Panama Canal. All the aft balconies were gone (no surprise there) so we got one on the starboard side just aft of the Centrum. Should be exciting since except for the two Mexico ports, everything else on the cruise will be new for us.

great photos especially from your balcony

Loving this day-by-day account!

We almost booked this to join relatives, but had time constraints. If you bump into Marie & Dom (60's) from Long Island, NY, please say hello from John & Linda.

Thanks everyone, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Thanks everyone, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Thank you for taking the time (and effort) to post this fantastic review. I love all the photos and as I have never been on Radiance before it is helping me to familiarize myself with it's layout. We will be joining the ship in Hawaii for our return to Sydney.

Wondered if you had noticed if they have green tea in either the dining room or Windgammer? Know it seems a silly question but if not I will pick some up in Honolulu.

The countdown has been a lengthy one for us, booked last November, but we are very excited that it is now so close.

Wow, this is a fantastic review.

My family and I will be going on our first ever cruise on Radiance on 30th December.

It is great to see the onboard pics to see what we have to look forward to.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Thank you for taking the time (and effort) to post this fantastic review. I love all the photos and as I have never been on Radiance before it is helping me to familiarize myself with it's layout. We will be joining the ship in Hawaii for our return to Sydney.

Wondered if you had noticed if they have green tea in either the dining room or Windgammer? Know it seems a silly question but if not I will pick some up in Honolulu.

The countdown has been a lengthy one for us, booked last November, but we are very excited that it is now so close.

There is green tea readily available on board. I have it every night in the MDR.

Gina

Still Day 4 - need to finish up that day.

This afternoon in the Centrum we had horse racing to benefit Make a Wish. We got there a little late so just got bets in on the second and third races. We picked horse two in the second and horse five in the third. The results were horse five in the second and horse two in the third, got that one backwards.

8001490446_e46d6223c7_c.jpg

Early evening there was the Crown and Anchor Welcome back party. Actually it was the first of three since there are over 1100 C&A members onboard for this cruise including 4 Pinnacle. Prior to the start one of the servers was crossing the dance floor with a tray full of drinks and about have of them falling over making a wet mess on the floor. Cruise Director Bobby and the C&A Rep Michelle were out there mopping it up with what looked to be table clothes when someone finally arrived with a mop to get it done right but you got to love that attitude of pitching in.

8001489467_cbe3035d9a_c.jpg

We lounge in the Schooner Bar listening to music before starting our late (well 7:30 is late for us) at Giovanni’s Table.

8001489369_8e2465766a_c.jpg