How do they work complementary specialty dinners for suites?

terigo

I know we get 2 specialty restaurant dinners for 2 on our 14 night cruise because we are in a suite, but do you have to wait till you are on the ship to book the restaurants?

If I go to book now, the credit card will be charged. Do they then refund the charge when you are on the ship?

Or is there another way to reserve the restaurant without prepaying?

Thanks in advance!

Teri

If you want a particular day and time book before going on board. They will then refund the cost to your onboard account after each visit. If you are flexible on the day/ time leave it until onboard and your butler will be able to get you bookings no problem!

Enjoy

I don't have the number handy right now... but you can call an 800 # and prebook your complimentary reservations. You won't be charged. If you want to book an excursion, spa treatment, drink package, etc after booking your complimentary dining, though, you have to call the same number for these... otherwise you'll have to prepay the dining reservations. You can get it back, but why do that? Just call.

We always prebook our reservations... otherwise you won't have much of a choice for day/time when you get onboard.

The "live chat" on the X website can get you the phone number. That's how I found it.

I was going to ask this question the OP did so thanks!!

I wouldn't want my pre-booked amount refunded onto my onboard account as we wouldn't spend it. Best to phone then but can you get that unused onboard credit amount back at the end of the cruise?

Can the butler usually get you in when on the cruise or can it be a problem?

The number to call for specialty restaurant reservations is 800-722-5941. I recently called for my sailing in February 2013. They do not take credit card information and do not charge a credit card. But if you need to make any other spa, shore excursion, or restaurant reservation later on you will need to call that number again. You are unable to make or change any reservations on line because the system will see the 2 free reservations as unpaid.

I wouldn't want my pre-booked amount refunded onto my onboard account as we wouldn't spend it. Best to phone then but can you get that unused onboard credit amount back at the end of the cruise?

If there is a refund to your on board account, it will be refunded to you at the end of the cruise. There are two types of on board credit...use it or lose it...and refundable. This would be refundable. If you have both types of OBC's, any charges will first be taken out of the use it or lose it OBC's.

The number to call for specialty restaurant reservations is 800-722-5941. I recently called for my sailing in February 2013. They do not take credit card information and do not charge a credit card. But if you need to make any other spa, shore excursion, or restaurant reservation later on you will need to call that number again. You are unable to make or change any reservations on line because the system will see the 2 free reservations as unpaid.

Great, helpful, added info from trixiegolf and others. Have copied and saved to my big computer file for our Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, doing 14 days on this nice ship, finishing in Auckland. Glad that Teri raised this good questions, plus the added follow-ups and other great information.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 103,625 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I noticed that with our suite reservation we are given complementary dining in the specialty restaurants for two dinners. Can I go ahead and reserve the restaurants through my booking on the Celebrity website, and will it automatically NOT charge me for those?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

If there is a refund to your on board account, it will be refunded to you at the end of the cruise. There are two types of on board credit...use it or lose it...and refundable. This would be refundable. If you have both types of OBC's, any charges will first be taken out of the use it or lose it OBC's.

Also keep in mind that most people keep their tips as automatically charged. As long as you do that, any credit of this size will definitely be less than the tips so you would net out ok regardless.

I just called and made our reservations. The computer system would not allow it to record the reservations as complementary, but was told it could be worked out when on board and credited to our account.

I also just checked on the Celebrity website and noticed that the reservations are all screwed up. We decided to try each of the three, and the order/times I gave the agent are completely messed up.

The agent was courteous and friendly, but I don't understand how such a simple thing can be so difficult. No worries on my end though, I'm sure eating at the restaurants out of my pre-conceived sequence will have absolutely no effect on the 8 days of bliss we intend to have.

Thank you.

Ah thank you, that helps.

We tried to book a certain night prior to cruising in a specialty restaurant. They were unable to do it for us. Our butler got it for us!

That just might be the easiest way all round. I don't think we have a particular night so he should be able to make them for us a lot easier. I don't think we will be overusing our butler at all so nice to have something to ask of him.

Can't wait. First Celebrity cruise and first suite ever.

You can use the refund amount for tips. I am sure that if you are on the ship for a week or more, you will give gratuities to the staff. You can also use the credit for drinks, spa services, shop purchases, pictures or any other charge to your account- the cost for the "basic" three dinner package is $110 pp. $220 doesn't go very far on a cruise ship.

You can use the refund amount for tips. I am sure that if you are on the ship for a week or more, you will give gratuities to the staff. You can also use the credit for drinks, spa services, shop purchases, pictures or any other charge to your account- the cost for the "basic" three dinner package is $110 pp. $220 doesn't go very far on a cruise ship.

We have already paid our tips up front as we are select dining. Other than a few coffees we won't be spending much at all this cruise. Really I would rather we keep the money until we want to spend it, onboard or otherwise.

That just might be the easiest way all round. I don't think we have a particular night so he should be able to make them for us a lot easier. I don't think we will be overusing our butler at all so nice to have something to ask of him.

Can't wait. First Celebrity cruise and first suite ever.

Wow, what a great first Celebrity cruise you are going to have!

Our butler was so happy to do it for us. We tried not to bug him too much, but he really did love to serve. Bless his heart!

Archived