Could they change our booking ???

swcruise

Hello Fellow CC'ers,

Hoping as always that you can advise/guide me here.

On our recent cruise, we made a cruise booking for next year. We have reserved two inside adjacent rooms on deck 8. At the time of booking, the Loyalty Ambassador mentioned that one of the rooms could take a third bed. I have to say I didn't give this any extra thought at the time, I was probably thinking of sailaway and the drink of the day...

Now that I am back on terra firma I have a few questions on this :

Co-incidently the single traveller is assigned the room that can take up to three people.

I am wondering if this ship gets full could RCI decide they need this room and look to assign part of our group to another room. When we cruise we always have two side by side rooms on deck 7,8,9 depending on ship etc and we do not wish to be separated.

If they were to move us, we would be ok if it was both rooms and we got a adjacent better room on deck 8, 9. We would not be happy if we ended up on deck 3,2 etc, or if one of the party was moved to deck 3.

Do you think there is a possibility this RCI could look to move one of our rooms and should I call in advise RCI it is a joint booking and no ammendments can be made unless of course it is upwards ??

Also, have never seen a room that can take 3 beds. How will this look, could it be a pullout sofa,or bed from the roof ?

All throughts/experiences much appreciated.

We once had three adjacent rooms booked and were upgraded to three superior but still adjacent rooms. I don't know enough to say that would always happen but I really think it would be very unlikely they would move one half of your party away from the other. Check with RCI that the bookings are definitely linked just to be on the safe side because, if they're not, they might not realise you're all travelling as one party.

As for rooms with third/fourth beds, these vary from ship to ship but generally in inside cabins they are pullman beds which come down from the ceiling or the top of the wall and are folded away during the day so they don't get in the way when you're moving around the cabin. Take a look at the deck plan for your ship. You'll see little symbols on the cabins that tell what kind the 3rd and 4th beds are.

Thanks FionaMG,

I will take a look at the plans, we will not be using the extra beds in the room as we are a group of 3 and it is the solo person that has been assigned this room. Was just checking as to whether this would be a nusiance for them or eyesore, but if the beds are folded into the wall/celing it should be fine.

Am just concerned that RCI down the road may think they could get more revenue from this room and look to make a change. But if it was an improvement for all that would be ok..

Hello Fellow CC'ers,

Hoping as always that you can advise/guide me here.

On our recent cruise, we made a cruise booking for next year. We have reserved two inside adjacent rooms on deck 8. At the time of booking, the Loyalty Ambassador mentioned that one of the rooms could take a third bed. I have to say I didn't give this any extra thought at the time, I was probably thinking of sailaway and the drink of the day...

Now that I am back on terra firma I have a few questions on this :

Co-incidently the single traveller is assigned the room that can take up to three people.

I am wondering if this ship gets full could RCI decide they need this room and look to assign part of our group to another room. When we cruise we always have two side by side rooms on deck 7,8,9 depending on ship etc and we do not wish to be separated.

If they were to move us, we would be ok if it was both rooms and we got a adjacent better room on deck 8, 9. We would not be happy if we ended up on deck 3,2 etc, or if one of the party was moved to deck 3.

Do you think there is a possibility this RCI could look to move one of our rooms and should I call in advise RCI it is a joint booking and no ammendments can be made unless of course it is upwards ??

Also, have never seen a room that can take 3 beds. How will this look, could it be a pullout sofa,or bed from the roof ?

All throughts/experiences much appreciated.

i think if you have the assignment and it is paid for - you are set. the revenue is based on dbl occupancy payment not the number of ppl in the room.

Thanks FionaMG,

I will take a look at the plans, we will not be using the extra beds in the room as we are a group of 3 and it is the solo person that has been assigned this room. Was just checking as to whether this would be a nusiance for them or eyesore, but if the beds are folded into the wall/celing it should be fine.

Am just concerned that RCI down the road may think they could get more revenue from this room and look to make a change. But if it was an improvement for all that would be ok..

original post mentioned RCI and getting more revenue down the line.. If a single travels - they pay the dbl rate; the cabin is set to go - I really do not think that the cruise lines factor in the few 3 and 4th pax in their overall revenue projections. the extra ppl are gravy --

Another thing to consider is that they can only have a "total" amount of guests/crew on a particular sailing due to the lifeboat situation. We are sailing during Thanksgiving this year and when we booked, they told us there were no more 3/4 bookings available, but there were rooms that could hold more than two all over the place. We checked back the next day and it was opened up. The Oasis was the a same way (which has the Eastern itinerary) and was not available for us as a choice.

Thanks FionaMG,

original post mentioned RCI and getting more revenue down the line.. If a single travels - they pay the dbl rate; the cabin is set to go - I really do not think that the cruise lines factor in the few 3 and 4th pax in their overall revenue projections. the extra ppl are gravy --

Oh I think that they cruise lines very much factor in those 3rd and 4th passengers. On one show that I saw they stated that they shoot for 110% occupancy on sailings. 100% is considered to be every cabin sold with double bookings.

Hello All,

I called in and was surprised that our bookings weren't linked as we made them on board with the Loyalty Rep, lesson learnt always double check everything. The bookings are now linked and I will also as one poster suggested update my C&A details advising that any changes have to be made for both cabins.

I also asked about 3 in a room and gosh the saving was high, approx 1,200 euros but we felt that 3 adults in one room may be too much of a suffrance and our time at sea 12 days would be too long for this to make sense. We diddered and thought about how we would spend the money, but in the end it is a holiday and not a boot camp endurance test...

Hello All,

I called in and was surprised that our bookings weren't linked as we made them on board with the Loyalty Rep, lesson learnt always double check everything. The bookings are now linked and I will also as one poster suggested update my C&A details advising that any changes have to be made for both cabins.

I also asked about 3 in a room and gosh the saving was high, approx 1,200 euros but we felt that 3 adults in one room may be too much of a suffrance and our time at sea 12 days would be too long for this to make sense. We diddered and thought about how we would spend the money, but in the end it is a holiday and not a boot camp endurance test...

Have you considered pricing three of you in an exterior room with a balcony vs in the two interiors? You would trip over each other less in a larger room adn possibly still ome out quite a bit ahead. . . (I agree I would never put three adults in an inside room on RCI:eek:).

Have you considered pricing three of you in an exterior room with a balcony vs in the two interiors? You would trip over each other less in a larger room adn possibly still ome out quite a bit ahead. . . (I agree I would never put three adults in an inside room on RCI:eek:).

Checked out a junior suite and it was 1k more for 3 people. Think we are better with 2 rooms and two bathrooms..

Archived