Live report from Ketchikan!

Rebel54

Rain, rain and more rain. Oh, did I mention Rain? We just pulled in, the rain is coming down in sheets. We are sitting here watching it come down. They are still working on getting the shore equipment attached. We were supposed to go out on Island Wings but they called and cancelled it. So we'll probably wander around in town for a bit if the rain lets up a bit. I'm in no rush to go get in a line so we'll wait a while.

Signed....

Bummed in Ketchikan.

We were there the Sunday before last, and our tour guide explained that in Ketchikan they measure annual rainfall in FEET not inches. We didn't believe him as it was beautiful that day with nothing but sunshine.

I hope it lets up and you can walk the streets and have a good time. It's one of my favorite ports to walk around. I think the duck boats are covered - might be an entertaining backup plan. Good luck!

Awesome!!! It's the rainy season in Ketchikan, it's supposed to rain by the bucketloads. Hopefully you put on your rainsuit and got out there and enjoyed it. In all my years of living in Ketchikan I only saw one person melt from getting rained on and that was back in the 80's.....

Rain, rain and more rain. Oh, did I mention Rain? We just pulled in, the rain is coming down in sheets. We are sitting here watching it come down. They are still working on getting the shore equipment attached. We were supposed to go out on Island Wings but they called and cancelled it. So we'll probably wander around in town for a bit if the rain lets up a bit. I'm in no rush to go get in a line so we'll wait a while.

Signed....

Bummed in Ketchikan.

Imagine the shock, rain in Ketchikan :rolleyes:. hope you have a great port day.

Well, the weather was bad enough that Island Wings wouldn't fly so considering they fly in rain all the time, I guess there was something they didn't like. We had rain gear so we just got covered up and started walking. We checked out Creek Street, the Museum, got some lunch and did a little shopping. Got my Del Sol t-shirt and a whale for my pandora bracelet and I was happy. Got an Ulu Knife at the Crazy Wolf, hubby loaded up on fudge at the Candy Corner and everyone was gtg.

Archived