Leaving on Oasis tomorrow. Are you allowed to bring Wine onboard?

AZDivers

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ&

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

I have heard different from different folks. Any definitive answer as to whether or not each passenger may bring a bottle of wine?

When we went on Oasis I took 1 btle of wine & didn't hide it! I have always taken wine on every cruise as all the other cruise lines allow it, so I went ahead & took one and didn't worry about it. If they had taken it from me, I didn't care. I have always carried my beach bag with my towels etc. & I wrap my btle in one of the towels (I don't want the btle to break) so it could be seen when it went thru the scanners, but the port people never stopped me. We plan on doing the same when we go on FOS in 3 wks. We also always buy wine & other drinks on the ship so they are not getting cheated by any means. :p

When we went on Oasis I took 1 btle of wine & didn't hide it! I have always taken wine on every cruise as all the other cruise lines allow it, so I went ahead & took one and didn't worry about it. If they had taken it from me, I didn't care. I have always carried my beach bag with my towels etc. & I wrap my btle in one of the towels (I don't want the btle to break) so it could be seen when it went thru the scanners, but the port people never stopped me. We plan on doing the same when we go on FOS in 3 wks. We also always buy wine & other drinks on the ship so they are not getting cheated by any means. :p

in other words you were smuggling and didn't get caught.

I have heard different from different folks. Any definitive answer as to whether or not each passenger may bring a bottle of wine?

this has been asked a gazillion times (do a search using key words alcohol). The answer is no. If people say they have, then they knowingly smuggled it on and didn't get caught. Or they brought a bottle onboard in their checked luggage not caring if they got caught. All they'll do is take it from you and return it to you at the end of your cruise. You asked for a definitive answer. No alcohol may be brought onto a Royal Caribbean ship. Celebrity and Azamara have their own rules.

Nice story, just not an answer to the question by any means.:rolleyes:

The question was ....

Are you allowed to bring Wine onboard?

There is only one true and definite answer to this question - NO it´s not allowed.

If you get a chance, you may wish to consider perusing the cruise documentation that Royal Caribbean provided to you about seven weeks ago. There's a ton of fine print in the "Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract" in there, but those are the official rules regarding your trip.

In there, it does say:

Passenger further agrees that Carrier may prohibit or restrict Passenger from bringing any alcoholic beverages for consumption onboard the Vessel and agrees to comply with any Carrier policy covering such matters.

this has been asked a gazillion times (do a search using key words alcohol). The answer is no. If people say they have, then they knowingly smuggled it on and didn't get caught. Or they brought a bottle onboard in their checked luggage not caring if they got caught. All they'll do is take it from you and return it to you at the end of your cruise. You asked for a definitive answer. No alcohol may be brought onto a Royal Caribbean ship. Celebrity and Azamara have their own rules.

I don't think that is correct anymore. RCI states - Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Yes*... is the definitive answer

*They will be happy to store an unopened bottle or two for you and return it to you at the end of your vacation.

If you are hoping to drink it while onboard, you have to smuggle it or just purchase it once you are on the ship. Sorry!

Yes*... is the definitive answer

*They will be happy to store an unopened bottle or two for you and return it to you at the end of your vacation.

If you are hoping to drink it while onboard, you have to smuggle it or just purchase it once you are on the ship. Sorry!

Not according to the RCI website FAQ's.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ

in other words you were smuggling and didn't get caught.

NO, I did not "smuggle, they were free to look and that's how I always carry my wine onboard so that the bottles don't get broken. Even on the ships that allow you to take wine, I've never seen anyone just carry the bottles in their hands, they are usually in some sort of carry on bag, etc. :)

Archived