Princess Room Service Questions

RMLincoln

We've not used room serivice much on Princess if at all, and it's been awhile since we've been on Princess (Regal, 2004; Diamond 2007; Ruby 2010).

But we're booked in our first balcony:D on Star to Hawaii, Nov 2012, so I'm hoping to use more room service.

Does breakfast include real food choices with protein foods like omelets, eggs, meats, salmon?

Can I request soy milk for my coffee and cereal or better to stock some from the buffet in the room fridge?

Can we order RS off the MDR menu for dinner?

RS tip: Do we write it on the receipt or use cash?

Thanks for the help. I'm so excited about the balcony - very special for a big birthday milestone! m--

Hope you have a great Birthday cruise! Why not order the Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Ultimate Balcony Breakfast? Very special. Search Princess or here for the details and price.

For room service breakfast, the choices are continental-type breakfast (cold choices). Some have said if they filled in the card with hot food it was received.

Not sure about the soy milk.

Only passengers booked in a full Suite cabin can have MDR menu choices delivered to the cabin.

Tip...we just do it with cash.

Cheers.

We've not used room serivice much on Princess if at all, and it's been awhile since we've been on Princess (Regal, 2004; Diamond 2007; Ruby 2010).

But we're booked in our first balcony:D on Star to Hawaii, Nov 2012, so I'm hoping to use more room service.

Does breakfast include real food choices with protein foods like omelets, eggs, meats, salmon?

Can I request soy milk for my coffee and cereal or better to stock some from the buffet in the room fridge?

Can we order RS off the MDR menu for dinner?

Thanks for the help. I'm so excited about the balcony - very special for a big birthday milestone! m--

No "real" food, ask for soy; they have it. Just put leftover in your frig. No MDR other than for suites and always tip in cash.

No omelets, meat, or salmon. However, a recently added menu item is the Princess equivalent of an Egg McMuffin. At least there's some protein in the egg. I haven't had this item myself but I did see it as an option during our last cruise in June.

We have had some luck with write-in requests for things like sausage links or bacon. I've heard others actually get eggs prepared to order as well. It can be hit or miss however, if you do get it, be sure to tip to increase the chance of your next request being fulfilled.

While others recommend cash for the RS tip, you do have the choice of putting the tip on the receipt. It's up to you.

Thanks for the great insights and taking the time to share. I will look for the egg-muffin choice which sounds pretty good. Cheers, m--

For the price of the included half bottle of champagne ($32) the Champagne Breakfast for Two offers more than a continental breakfast with things like salmon & quiche and it might be possible to modify the meal & to order other things instead.

I've been told if I add an additional tip to a receipt (specialty restaurant, room service, etc) then it goes into the tip pool & split by everyone but if giving cash they may keep it which is what we do.

Enjoy your special celebration and your balcony:)

We often just order juice, pastries and coffee to have on the balcony before going to breakfast and for this give a two dollar tip to the server. On port days we will order a more substantial breakfast so we are ready to leave the ship early.

One thing to consider would be the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. The food, service and dining venue are excellent! We have done this for a birthday or anniversary and it has always been fabulous.

The tip is included in the daily service charge, so tip if you want but be aware you are double tipping.

Enjoy your Birthday cruise. Just completed cruise on Emerald, room service breakfast was limited to Continental + Egg McMuffin look alike. Lunch and Dinner items listed in binder on desk. MDR offerings for suites only.

Just BOOKED aboard the Golden for Jan and they seem to have FULL breakfast room service option, so it seems to be ship specific.

We always do both the breakfast and the dinner and they are amazing. They will call you in advance to go over the menu and make any modifications you request. My husband doesn't like quiche and I don't like salmon. So he had a wonderful ham & cheese omlette and I asked for bacon. They sent enough bacon for 5 people. I'm diebetic, so I asked for extra fruit in place of some of the pasrties. We had pasties for munching the next few days and the most delish bowl of mixed berries with cream on the side.

Both the breakfast & dinner a really well worth the money.....we love them.

Anne

For the price of the included half bottle of champagne ($32) the Champagne Breakfast for Two offers more than a continental breakfast with things like salmon & quiche and it might be possible to modify the meal & to order other things instead.

I've been told if I add an additional tip to a receipt (specialty restaurant, room service, etc) then it goes into the tip pool & split by everyone but if giving cash they may keep it which is what we do.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is there a receipt to sign? I thought regular room service was at no additional charge.
The receipt is to prove you received your order. There is no charge for regular room service items.

The tip is included in the daily service charge, so tip if you want but be aware you are double tipping.

I am pretty sure the daily service charge does NOT include room service delivery, so you should tip for delivery and that is NOT double tipping.

Enjoy your Birthday cruise. Just completed cruise on Emerald, room service breakfast was limited to Continental + Egg McMuffin look alike. Lunch and Dinner items listed in binder on desk. MDR offerings for suites only.

Just BOOKED aboard the Golden for Jan and they seem to have FULL breakfast room service option, so it seems to be ship specific.

You will find out when you're aboard that you're mistaken. You will not have full breakfast option unless you're occupying a full suite.

I am pretty sure the daily service charge does NOT include room service delivery, so you should tip for delivery and that is NOT double tipping.

Having been told at the Purser's desk that room service is included in the daily service charge, I am pretty sure that it is.

The egg sandwich is very good. They are also served at the International Cafe which is deck 5. You can also get some wonderful yogurt parfaits.

The egg sandwich served by RS is good but sometimes not very hot....but still good!!

Can you get the yogurt parfait from room service, or is it only available at International Cafe? The ship we're sailing on doesn't have an IC.

I guess you didn't read the guidelines on Princess' web site, the room service is definatly included.

I guess you didn't read the guidelines on Princess' web site, the room service is definatly included.

Been away from Princess for a while and I stand corrected...thank you. Still, from habit, it will be hard for me to not tip the room service delivery person.

Been away from Princess for a while and I stand corrected...thank you. Still, from habit, it will be hard for me to not tip the room service delivery person.
It's your choice to tip extra but I think everyone is entitled to know the facts. here it is from Princess' web site

During your cruise, regardless of which Princess ship you choose, you will meet staff who provide you with excellent service. Crew members often rotate to different vessels within the Princess fleet which helps to maintain our high standards on every ship. These dedicated workers reflect our philosophy that all crew on all ships are but one family who share in our success.

To simplify the tipping process for our passengers, a discretionary gratuity of $12 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $11.50 per passenger in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis. This gratuity will be shared amongst those staff who help provide and support your cruise experience, including all waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, and housekeeping staff across the fleet. For your convenience, this gratuity can be pre-paid before you sail by calling 1-800 PRINCESS and referencing Special Services item number 0597.

Enjoy your special celebration and your balcony:)

We often just order juice, pastries and coffee to have on the balcony before going to breakfast and for this give a two dollar tip to the server. On port days we will order a more substantial breakfast so we are ready to leave the ship early.

One thing to consider would be the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. The food, service and dining venue are excellent! We have done this for a birthday or anniversary and it has always been fabulous.

Do you know the cost of the UBD per person? Also, do you tip the servers separately? It sounds like a wonderful idea and would like to try this on our upcoming cruise.

It's your choice to tip extra but I think everyone is entitled to know the facts. here it is from Princess' web site

During your cruise, regardless of which Princess ship you choose, you will meet staff who provide you with excellent service. Crew members often rotate to different vessels within the Princess fleet which helps to maintain our high standards on every ship. These dedicated workers reflect our philosophy that all crew on all ships are but one family who share in our success.

To simplify the tipping process for our passengers, a discretionary gratuity of $12 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $11.50 per passenger in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis. This gratuity will be shared amongst those staff who help provide and support your cruise experience, including all waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, and housekeeping staff across the fleet. For your convenience, this gratuity can be pre-paid before you sail by calling 1-800 PRINCESS and referencing Special Services item number 0597.

Personally, I wouldn't interpret this to say RS is included. It doesn't seem to me that the RS staff falls in either of these categories. That doesn't mean they aren't, it just doesn't read that way to me. I agree tipping is a personal choice, & I would never tell anyone what I think they should do. This just doesn't make me feel it's okay for us to not tip RS. If the pursers are consistently telling guests not to tip, that's a different story.

Archived