Conc. class vs. Aqua Class...

lilant

... i have looked but cant seem to find "the" answer, so here it goes.

as an Aqua class guest do i get all the amenities of conc. class PLUS the aqua class? like does AQ get the "welcome champagne" ??

thanks,

anthony

Yes. Even though the website with the listing of amenities for Aqua does not explain this. There was a thread about a month or more ago about this and it got quite a lot of responses, both right and wrong. In the long run, I had contacted X directly to confirm. I was told that YES all CC perks plus the additional Aqua perks.

If you want to see the previous threads on this, try to "search this forum" link.

... i have looked but cant seem to find "the" answer, so here it goes.

as an Aqua class guest do i get all the amenities of conc. class PLUS the aqua class? like does AQ get the "welcome champagne" ??

thanks,

anthony

Definately, without question, YES

Well it is easy to be confused once again due to a poor web site

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SL#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=SL

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

• Services
    • Priority check-in
    • Express luggage delivery
    • Personalized Concierge service
    • Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs
    • Complimentary shoeshine service
    • Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

• Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences
  • Expanded room service menu

Amenities

• Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists
  • Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences
  • Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories
  • Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Fresh fruit
  • Fresh flowers
  • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • Personalized stationery
  • Use of binoculars and golf umbrella
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

For Aqua class they say

So you get a few less things with Aqua according to the web site?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SL#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=AQ&cabincls=B&shipCode=SL

• Services
    • A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments
    • Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

Actually, they fail to state on the website, and thus the confusion......but confirmed by a phone call the Celebrity.................

"IN ADDITION TO CONCIERGE CLASS" AQUA CLASS ALSO INCLUDES

http://www.celebritycruises.com/expl...=B&shipCode=SL

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

Actually, they fail to state on the website, and thus the confusion......but confirmed by a phone call the Celebrity.................

"IN ADDITION TO CONCIERGE CLASS" AQUA CLASS ALSO INCLUDES

http://www.celebritycruises.com/expl...=B&shipCode=SL

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

super!

This is good to know. We are in CC on the Summit coming up soon, and part of the reason we were able to justify it is the larger cabin along with the fact that there wasn't a big difference in cost (I believe it was $100pp). On an S class ship it's harder to justify CC, but Aqua does come with more tangible benefits so it's good to know you get all of the CC perks as well.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know what they mean by the on demand fitmess and yoga programme?

Many thanks

On your TV in your stateroom, you can select 'On Demand' offerings, from there you will find the fitness programs. There were a few meditation programs and some yoga as well. I didn't use them, but I found them. LOL

On your TV in your stateroom, you can select 'On Demand' offerings, from there you will find the fitness programs. There were a few meditation programs and some yoga as well. I didn't use them, but I found them. LOL

lol

Thanks for this - I wont hold my breath!

Many thanks

Just returned from the Summit. Had aqua for the first time and was in one of the aft-facing cabins. No make-up mirror. There is a hair dryer by the desk. We did not receive our "personalized" stationary. In fact, we had to ask for most amenities, such as the pillow menu, breakfast door menus, etc. We did find someone else's stationary in the "blue book" with all the info. Our cabin stewards were practically non-existent. We did ask for either shrimp or cheese instead of the canapes, but they said for shrimp, it cost extra(contrary to what other posters have mentioned). We had the cheese for a couple of days, but it was very dissapointing, so went back to the canapes. We asked on day one for 4 wine glasses each day, but most days we only had one. We also asked on day one for a table cloth to use for the entire cruise....they gave us a sheet! We did have our water replaced more than once per day. The tea was not bad, but nothing special.

On the up side...............We loved Blu! beyond exceptional service and the food was great! Never had to wait for a table, even though we arrived most nights around 7:30pm. I can't compare it myself since we have never done a "specialty restaurant" on Celebrity, but others we spoke with that were in Blu, said it was not worth paying $40pp when Blu is so great. Extremely attentive service! Definitely worth the extra $$$$ just for this!

The shower tower in the bath is very nice. Needed to be sure to keep the lights off in bathroom, because otherwise, the heated mirror made the bath too warm. Honestly, I don't believe that the "upgrade" bath products were any different than those in our cablins in the past. Yes, there is a lip balm, and facial spray, but nothing really "extra".

• 4 weeks later...
Just returned from the Summit. Had aqua for the first time and was in one of the aft-facing cabins. No make-up mirror. There is a hair dryer by the desk. We did not receive our "personalized" stationary. In fact, we had to ask for most amenities, such as the pillow menu, breakfast door menus, etc. We did find someone else's stationary in the "blue book" with all the info. Our cabin stewards were practically non-existent. We did ask for either shrimp or cheese instead of the canapes, but they said for shrimp, it cost extra(contrary to what other posters have mentioned). We had the cheese for a couple of days, but it was very dissapointing, so went back to the canapes. We asked on day one for 4 wine glasses each day, but most days we only had one. We also asked on day one for a table cloth to use for the entire cruise....they gave us a sheet! We did have our water replaced more than once per day. The tea was not bad, but nothing special.

On the up side...............We loved Blu!

Anyone notice the service slipping but IMHO thats to be expected anyway since the cruiseline can't raise fares...so expect more cuts to come & not just the service onboard either...

My last cruise was on Celebritys Century and as she is for sale :( shldn't she be presented in better shape?

Dirty rugs, bedspreads & chairs with rips++ in some cabins plus rust outside and also seemingly less service than in the past...with the exception of the Murano Restaurant...

Still great food & service but of course it shld be as its pricey @$40 pp & especially since they did away with any special deals for dining there multiple times :(..

Plus, I can almost guarantee, the 'Elite' experience sometime in the fairly near future will not include access to Michaels Club...Another casualty coming up...:/

Must be the weather or perhaps the economy also! :(

Yes, they are great, especially if you love the wake view. They have bigger balconies, too. We had 1141 on our cruise in October on the Summit. The only downside, and it not a biggy to me, is that if you are right out by the railing, people below at the sunset bar in the corner tables can see you. There are only 5 of these AQ1 facing aft. They are very hard to come by.

The first decision is whether you want aqua class...and yes, it is cc with Blu and a couple of other lesser perks. Then the decision on A1/A2 and location is based on your wallet. Some prefer the rear facing view, but then if you are in heavy seas, they don't like it quite so much. Some prefer midship, but then there is that large overhang so you get no sun. You probably shouldn't do any naked sunbathing on your balcony on the A1's on the M-class ships as privacy is of some concern :)

As with most things, there are trade offs. The rear facing cabins are very nice and many seek them out. We aren't thrilled with them, preferring something nearer to midship so everything is easy to get to.

Aqua has same perks as concierge plus Blu and use of Persian gardens in spa area. We have been in aqua class previously and decided that the extra money wasn't worth it. Unlike many others we didn't think Blu was anything special except for presentation of food. Food was bland. However, if you can get a good deal then go for it. We will be in Aqua class again in a couple of days on Reflection (we got it for less then a regular balcony) and we will be trying out all of the specialty dining venues instead of Blu.

Thanks for this post, everyone! Helped me make a decision between my CC and AQ choices. In the long run, for my sailing, the AQ was a much better value.

Can't wait to sail...only 11 months to go. :rolleyes: At least I have a booking now -- I can say I'm better off now than I was two days ago. :p

Rebeccah

Archived