Jewel vs Enchantment???

Coov

We have a reservation in May on the Enchantment for a 4 day to the Bahamas, but we may have to move the date. That being said we are contemplating changing ships to the Jewel (5 days) and maybe even Freedom if my parents, whom have never cruised before, are up for 7 days. I'd like to get some opinions if at all possible. Thanks for any feedback!

Enchantment from $299 - 4 days

Jewel from $479 - 5 days

Freedom is more of a side note from $669 - $749 - 7 days

For me, 5 days are better than 4 and 7 days are better than 5:D! I have been on both ships but I have spent a lot more time on the Radiance class (which the Jewel is) and I just prefer that class of ship. One thing I miss on the Enchantment is no heli pad on the bow, you can't access the bow on the Enchantment. I also like the location and layout of the WJ better on the Radiance class ships.

My other preference for the Jewel would be the itinerary, on that run you get two real sea days, (OK.. I love sea days). Unlike the Enchantment going to the Bahamas, the sea day is just a slow boat ride back to Canaveral.

Of course if your folks are up to 7 days the Freedom is great, lots to like!!

I was assuming most answers would be like yours. :)

I can't wait to try RCI. I've done 2 Carnival cruises on the Imagination and Fascination. I'd love to just go for the 7, but then we would have the rush of getting there and getting back (we will be driving from Chattanooga to PC or Tampa). Plus my father and mother are worried about seasickness, but that is easy to remedy. I am leaning more toward the 5 day Jewel and get a balcony on the Freedom in the future.

Forgot to add the one thing everyone seems to get a kick out of on the Radiance class ships, that is the self leveling pool tables. You can do some great bank shots and you won't be able to blame the miss on the ship movement:D.

We are also scheduled for a trip on the Enchantment in May. That will be our first

time aboard that ship, and am anxious to explore our new "home port" lady. :)

However, the Jewel is my favorite ship and I am also looking forward to

another great time on our 5 night coming up this February.

Good choice. The Jewel is our favorite ship. We just got back from a New England & Canada cruise on her, and looking forward to our 5 day cruise this December. Don't forget to try the "Seaview Cafe" & outside dining behind The Windjammer.

• 1 month later...

We haven't been on the Jewel of the Seas...the following changes will have been made to the Enchantment of the Seas by the time you might go on her:

12/2012, Enchantment of the Seas Refurbishment 2012 will include Chef's Table, a Concierge Lounge for Suites & top Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Diamond, a Royal Babies & Tots Nursery, Cabin Flat Screen TVs, Digital Signage, Fore to Aft Wi-Fi, and a poolside jumbotron.

The MDR food was memorable, extremely good. :)

I see you have made your decision--so, this will be for future cruises.

The Enchantment is a very good ship for the Bahama cruises. She is an older and smaller ship. However, a few years ago they cut her in half and added a center section. [a few more cabins and larger pool deck]

I think Enchantment's pool deck is one of the nicest. It has a larger amount of pool space for the ship size than other ships I have sailed. 2 outdoor pools, a kiddie pool, and a fuly enclosed indoor pool. There is also, pool bar on the side of the pool deck [in addition to the one at the end of the deck]. This is a long bar with bar seating and tables under the suspended walkway above. It is a cosy place to enjoy a beverage by the sea.

Thanks for all of the input! Booked the 5 day on Jewel... even upgraded to a balcony! Never had a balcony before. April is not too far away, right? :D

I've sailed on them all, and enjoyed them all. Just want to warn you, as was our surprize when we booked a balcony on the Jewel. Many of the balcony leave you unable to see the water straight down. There is a huge overhang covering the lifeboats I believe this really affects deck 7 and probably 8. If you are sitting and looking out its okay. But to lean on the rail and look down, you will see a big white metal overhang. We were really disappointed as it was our first balcony also. We are sailing here again next month with a balcony on 8. Who knows, but the price was right.

12/2012, Enchantment of the Seas Refurbishment 2012 will include Chef's Table, a Concierge Lounge for Suites & top Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Diamond, a Royal Babies & Tots Nursery, Cabin Flat Screen TVs, Digital Signage, Fore to Aft Wi-Fi, and a poolside jumbotron.

According to this link http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ence_Guide.pdf

Chef's Table has been eliminated and Park Cafe has been added.

Enchantment already has a beautiful Concierge Lounge (for Suite Guests along with D+/PC C&A Members) located currently on Deck 8. It is being relocated to Deck 11 as well as a new Diamond Lounge. Both will be part of the Viking Crown Lounge.

The lifeboat covers are visible to EVERY balcony above them...but it really doesn't obstruct your view of the sea! True, you won't be able to see the barnacles on the hull of the ship, but that's no biggy at all! Your eyes will automatically look outward to the ocean!

I see you have made your decision--so, this will be for future cruises.

The Enchantment is a very good ship for the Bahama cruises. She is an older and smaller ship. However, a few years ago they cut her in half and added a center section. [a few more cabins and larger pool deck]

I think Enchantment's pool deck is one of the nicest. It has a larger amount of pool space for the ship size than other ships I have sailed. 2 outdoor pools, a kiddie pool, and a fuly enclosed indoor pool. There is also, pool bar on the side of the pool deck [in addition to the one at the end of the deck]. This is a long bar with bar seating and tables under the suspended walkway above. It is a cosy place to enjoy a beverage by the sea.

In over 30 cruises on various lines I have never seen such a big open pool deck as on the Enchantment. it was spacious and lovely! She is a great ship!

We will definitely be trying the Enchantment in the future. My Mom was wanting to go all out since she imagines this will be the only cruise she will ever go on (I hope to prove her wrong). Since Jewel is a bit of an upgrade to Enchantment I thought, why not.

I am in my late 30's and will be doing this a lot. I live in Chattanooga and don't see it a big deal driving 10 hours to get to a port. Enchantment would be the cheapest and most convenient RCI cruise ship since we can only really take one week at a time. I foresee a Freedom, Navigator, and possibly Allure or Oasis cruise in the future. But since those are 7 days it is a bit tougher to squeeze in without some stress of getting there and getting back in such a tight window.

Archived