Water worries

Scotspea

Having just read Jennifer's cruise review where she comments on the carafe of water in the fridge alarm bells began to sound!

We consume gallons of San Pellegrino when on board and hope this is still available.

Any reassurance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Having just read Jennifer's cruise review where she comments on the carafe of water in the fridge alarm bells began to sound!

We consume gallons of San Pellegrino when on board and hope this is still available.

Any reassurance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

What's wrong with the on board water? We only drink on board water and never pay for bottled water.

When I travel, I consume large amounts of bottled water, however at home, I prefer to use the filtered water from my refrigerator so that I am not contributing to the glut of plastic bottles littered all over this planet. On Silversea, I go through at least one and a half big bottles of water a day, but I think I would prefer water in a carafe instead of the plastic. My only concern would be that there is enough provided me without the Butler feeling like all he's doing is refreshing my carafe, as like I said, I drink a ton of it throughout the day. :-)

Kamloops, you do not pay for bottled water on SS ships. If you would prefer San Pellegrino, Scotspea, just ask.

Thanks DT, never had any problems in the past but wondered whether another cost cutting measure was being introduced!

When I travel, I consume large amounts of bottled water, however at home, I prefer to use the filtered water from my refrigerator so that I am not contributing to the glut of plastic bottles littered all over this planet. On Silversea, I go through at least one and a half big bottles of water a day, but I think I would prefer water in a carafe instead of the plastic. My only concern would be that there is enough provided me without the Butler feeling like all he's doing is refreshing my carafe, as like I said, I drink a ton of it throughout the day. :-)

Same as you at home but love the luxury of San Pel when on board.

For starters, the sodium level from the ship's water might be too high for some folks. This is another "all you have to do is ask" situation. This list keeps getting longer and longer. I ask for, and receive Evian in glass bottles. Alll you have to do is ask. And that is my advice to the OP.

Scotspea, asked Jennifer about the water available now on SS, as we prefer sparkling water too. Jennifer, wrote:

Yes the 'normal' water was in caraffes. This water was very nice, don't get me wrong. I did ask for sparkling and got Perrier which I like. In the dining room, they had their own 'made' sparkling water. U had to ask specifically for the bottled variety. I drank the Pelligrino...I didn't bother trying their home made variety

Thanks DT, never had any problems in the past but wondered whether another cost cutting measure was being introduced!

You can ask your Butler for bottled water. I am not sure of what brand that Silversea now has on board. My husband and I and the other couple we were traveling with were quite surprised to find two carafes of chilled water in our suites instead of bottled water. It is another way of cutting cost in my opinion.

Just don't buy that Silversea is going green. Plus you should not have to ask for bottled water in your suite on a luxury line.

You can ask your Butler for bottled water. I am not sure of what brand that Silversea now has on board. My husband and I and the other couple we were traveling with were quite surprised to find two carafes of chilled water in our suites instead of bottled water. It is another way of cutting cost in my opinion.

Just don't buy that Silversea is going green. Plus you should not have to ask for bottled water in your suite on a luxury line.

During my Silver Spirit voyage, there were 3 different types of bottled water placed in my suite. I understood they load on bottled water throughout the voyage. The 3rd bottle was a brand I was not familiar with so assumed it had been purchased in one of the Central American ports.

There's nothing worse than water that's been sitting in plastic for a long time, no matter how expensive the brand. I love the taste of Fiji water and when traveling, this is usually the brand I seek out, but honestly, I've jumped off the brand water bandwagon and ask for tap now in restaurants.

The water is absolutely fine.

In my bar fridge, I had 2 carafes of the 'normal' water and 2 bottles of Perrier.

In The Restaurant, I had 'normal' water and, on occasions, asked for Pellegrino if I wanted sparkling.

Honestly, u do not need to panic about the water. I'm a big water drinker and it was all good. In fact, I drank more of the carafe water than the sparkling because it was so nice.

When I wrote this in my review, it was simply an observation that the carafes had replaced the bottles in my bar fridge.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jennifer

Long as we've got the same year....our next for sure booked cruise isn't until the end of next year....would love to start a Roll Call. We are looking at a back-to-back on the Spirit for this coming March but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anyhow, as I recall we just missed each other on the Wind this past March as you were getting off the ship as we were getting on so connecting next year would be fantastic. Thanks for the kind words on the video on our website. All the credit goes to Mrs. K as she labored for months getting the Med cruise documented and put together. Without over 4,000 pictures it took some time to find the best or at least most representative.

Archived