Pinnacle reservations open for March 10 Cruise

bobchico

why would you worry about advance reservations; just go to the maitre'd right after embarkation -- they may be set up in the explorer's lounge -- and make reservations. always worked for me. plus, if you have mariner discounts, they will make note of it there. pinnacle is great, but not as 'over-booked' as you think. don't know about tamarind.

why would you worry about advance reservations; just go to the maitre'd right after embarkation -- they may be set up in the explorer's lounge -- and make reservations. always worked for me. plus, if you have mariner discounts, they will make note of it there. pinnacle is great, but not as 'over-booked' as you think. don't know about tamarind.

One time we were so busy at home with problems that I forgot to make reservations before we cruised on the Eurodam. When we got on the ship and tried to make Pinnacle reservations -- nothing left!! No days -- no times -- nothing for the entire week.

why would you worry about advance reservations; just go to the maitre'd right after embarkation -- they may be set up in the explorer's lounge -- and make reservations. always worked for me.

You were fortunate; it doesn't always work for everybody. If you have specific day/time requirements, or if you have an especially large party, then it's best to get everything set as soon as possible.

On my recent Amsterdam cruise I needed to set a Pinnacle dinner for a specific day, for a party of 16---all of us wanting to eat late. It was not easy, and the Pinnacle Manager went to a lot of trouble to accommodate us. Had I been able to take care of this in advance, she would not have had to work so hard.

Good to know they finally opened up for those Pinnacle bookings. I still wonder why the delay.

We do a combination of pre-booking Pinnacle and booking while aboard.

If we know we really want to go a certain day, we book in advance but more often than not we are able to get additional bookings while on the ship.

I don't believe you can pre-book Tamarind, period. When we sailed on NA in Sept I even called HAL prior to sailing and Ship's Services told me all Tamarind reservation must be made on-board (which we did on the first day of our cruise).

The maiter 'd had a podium set up between the Lido and the pool area by the elevators during and after lunch that day. But Tamarind, as beautiful as it is, was never crowded from our experience, and we went back there several times getting reservations on the day we wanted to dine there.

And did I tell you about the food???? It was out of this world. I guess the reason lots more folks don't bother to go there is because of the 'Pan-Aisian' cuisine that they have been reluctant to try. Trust me when I say GO. I know you will have a very pleasant surprise. It's not noodles and rice, more like emperor's cuisine. Beautifully prepared. Beautifully presented. Beautiful dining room.

I don't believe you can pre-book Tamarind' date=' period. When we sailed on NA in Sept I even called HAL prior to sailing and Ship's Services told me all Tamarind reservation must be made on-board (which we did on the first day of our cruise).

The maiter 'd had a podium set up between the Lido and the pool area by the elevators during and after lunch that day. But Tamarind, as beautiful as it is, was never crowded from our experience, and we went back there several times getting reservations on the day we wanted to dine there.

And did I tell you about the food???? It was out of this world. I guess the reason lots more folks don't bother to go there is because of the 'Pan-Aisian' cuisine that they have been reluctant to try. Trust me when I say GO. I know you will have a very pleasant surprise. It's not noodles and rice, more like emperor's cuisine. Beautifully prepared. Beautifully presented. Beautiful dining room.[/quote']

Are you speaking about lunch? For sure you can prebook for dinner because I have done just that for my cruise on the NA in November.

Archived