Grand Princess window suite. Tips and tricks

rocky3

So we had the opportunity to upgrade for $400 so we figured we would try it. Any advice on how to get the most out of it :cool: my travel agent already to bring everything I need dry cleaned. Thank you in advance

Definitely take advantage of the breakfast at Sabatini's available to suite 'residents'. You will not regret this wonderful experience. You may also order room service from the MDR menu for all three meals. All items will be brougth at once. In addition, the new perk of a free dinner at one of the specialty restaurants on embarakation day is a nice treat. (You still are responsbile for the cost of an alcohol/wine.)

Thanks to doing stuff like that, the free laundry will be the next to be taken away. That's what probably happened to our free internet.

Agree...abuse of benefits like this ruin it for all. To the OP, are you really so cheap as to pack and bring dirty clothes?

Sorry it is being taken the wrong way, I have no intention in bringing all my dirty stuff in need of dry cleaning, I was only joking. It is a great perk that they do offer that service though. Thank you Mary and Dru for the responses. I appreciate them. The picture in the link are great.

Sorry it is being taken the wrong way, I have no intention in bringing all my dirty stuff in need of dry cleaning, I was only joking. It is a great perk that they do offer that service though. Thank you Mary and Dru for the responses. I appreciate them. The picture in the link are great.

I imagine most of those reading your post saw the humour in it for it was no different than saying something like; go on a diet the previous month so as you can really enjoy all the great food. As to accusations of people abusing the earned perks, methinks they doth protest too much.

So we had the opportunity to upgrade for $400 so we figured we would try it. Any advice on how to get the most out of it :cool: my travel agent already to bring everything I need dry cleaned. Thank you in advance

We were in a window suite on the Grand Princess last year. We have put two videos on You Tube. They are named: Grand Princess Window Suite F307 - Pt 1 and Grand Princess Window Suite F307 - Pt 2. This will give you an idea of the how these window suites look.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite!

We were in a window suite on the Grand Princess last year. We have put two videos on You Tube. They are named: Grand Princess Window Suite F307 - Pt 1 and Grand Princess Window Suite F307 - Pt 2. This will give you an idea of the how these window suites look.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite!

How exciting to get the upgrade ... congrats.

Here are the links to your two videos:

(part 1)

(part 2)

Ignore the nay-sayers. We had a window suite on our last cruise, which happened to have a lot of sea days. We were really able to take advantage of the benefits. Of course, breakfast at Sabatini's was the best. We also enjoyed ordering a full dinner to be eaten in our room. The chocolates on formal nights are to die for! They're so rich and yummy. Don't forget that even when it's not formal night, you can have appetizers delivered each afternoon. They're all pretty awful except for the chocolate dipped strawberries...yum! You also get a corsage and boutineer delivered on the first formal night.

You won't believe how much storage space is in that room. Chuck's blog reminded me about the fact there is only one electrical outlet in that cabin. Make sure you take some kind of power strip. Otherwise you end up spending too much time swapping out your chargeables.

I was also surprised how much I like being located on the Fiesta deck. It was a very central location and close to a lot of things.

Above all, enjoy your good fortune and have a great cruise.

Hi all,

I went into the blog this morning to add the daily update and noticed almost 300 hits yesterday alone. I thought something must be wrong with the counter. Ah ha....I happened to see this thread a few minutes ago. Mary.....thanks for directing folks to my blog. It's a lot nicer thinking someone other than the invisible man is reading my efforts.

We LOVED the Window Suite.

Chuck

Edited by catmand

Hi all,

I went into the blog this morning to add the daily update and noticed almost 300 hits yesterday alone. I thought something must be wrong with the counter. Ah ha....I happened to see this thread a few minutes ago. Mary.....thanks for directing folks to my blog. It's a lot nicer thinking someone other than the invisible man is reading my efforts.

Chuck

Chuck,

You are very welcome. I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Your photos and descriptions have been wonderful. I also shared your link on both of the rolls I'm on because of the info on the window suites AND also on the Alaska one because of the same ports.

Looking forward to more updates.

Mary

Thank you all for the information and support. The video was great and Bob was lovely too. Does anyone know what the dress code for Sabatini's is for breakfast? I really don't want to have to go back and change to go to port or the pool but it sounds as if it may be worth it anyway. :)

Thank you all for the information and support. The video was great and Bob was lovely too. Does anyone know what the dress code for Sabatini's is for breakfast? I really don't want to have to go back and change to go to port or the pool but it sounds as if it may be worth it anyway. :)

Casual is fine. I have always worn shorts or whatever I planned to wear for my shorex.

Mike:)

Hi all,

Chuck

Hi Chuck! We loved your Alaskan blog. Thanks for taking time to recap the week. Denny and I purchased future cruise credits while on board, so now we need to decide where to go next. Decisions, decisions! :) Hope to meet up with all of you again sometime. Say "hi" to Wanda!

Jan

Edited by I object 2

If you're never had a suite, this is a good one to start with. One thing to be aware of - the clothes you send out for dry cleaning don't always come back in the best shape. If you have something precious, don't send it out. I've had them turn a couple pair of blue jeans almost white and almost ruin a couple dresses. Breakfast is very relaxing and civilized. You'll love all the space in the suite! Congrats and enjoy it!

Thanks to everyone for sharing information about the windows suites. We are sailing on November 3rd from Southanpton to Fort Lauderdale in F301. First time in a suite, and first time not in a Mini Suite. Even though there is no balcony, we are exited to experience suite privileges.

http://rncshulak.blogspot.com/

I added the final day on Golden and the day in Vancouver today.

Hi Jan....am sure you'll find a great cruise for the two of you.

I forgot to mention this: We laughed like Hell when we discovered the robes in the cabin. They were they 'upgraded suite' type robes and weighed like half a ton.

Chuck

PS: The chocolate covered strawberries.....don't eat them in bed!

Edited by catmand

• 2 years later...
So did we! Even though I love balconies, this suite was worth giving up the minisuite. It's especially nice on cool weather cruises. For perks, don't forget the free Thermal Suites. ;)

What is the Thermal Suite on the Grand Princess?

• 3 years later...
Thanks to everyone for sharing information about the windows suites. We are sailing on November 3rd from Southanpton to Fort Lauderdale in F301. First time in a suite, and first time not in a Mini Suite. Even though there is no balcony, we are exited to experience suite privileges.

Hello. I was googling F301 and came upon this post. I have booked F301 for a future cruise. Is it significantly smaller than the other window suites? Did you have any noise issues?

Thanks

Hello. I was googling F301 and came upon this post. I have booked F301 for a future cruise. Is it significantly smaller than the other window suites? Did you have any noise issues?

Thanks

Yes cabin 301 is smaller. Click through as if booking a cruise on the cabins and the sq. ft. will show. 301 is 341 Sq. Ft. All the others are 341 Sq. Ft.

Yes cabin 301 is smaller. Click through as if booking a cruise on the cabins and the sq. ft. will show. 301 is 341 Sq. Ft. All the others are 341 Sq. Ft.

Yes, i saw that. I am spatially challenged so I was just trying to picture it in my head. :D:D:-)