How cold are the public rooms on the Dawn?

petesweet

My husband is very cold-natured, and he is also very ill with advanced Parkinson's. I want him to enjoy this last cruise he will probably get to go on, and I need to pack the right clothes. We will not be getting off the ship at all. (We avoid the noisy pool area, which I understand would be warmer than inside areas.)

Many thanks.

Kathy

We were both comfortable in a shirt and shorts in the public areas, although it was MUCH warmer outside..(we went to the So Carib). How does he do in moderate temps?, I would think that would be the rule indoors.

Hope this helps! :)

We were both comfortable in a shirt and shorts in the public areas, although it was MUCH warmer outside..(we went to the So Carib). How does he do in moderate temps?, I would think that would be the rule indoors.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for both responses.

The reason I ask is that our entire party froze in the cafeteria and the library on the Fantasy last year. If the Dawn is like that, I would not even pack short pants for him (or me:)).

Hoping the Dawn is more moderate.

Kathy

The reason I ask is that our entire party froze in the cafeteria and the library on the Fantasy last year. If the Dawn is like that, I would not even pack short pants for him (or me:)).

Kathy

I guess I am a little confused why you wouldn't pack for both extremes (warm and cold) regardless of the answers you get here?

I guess I am a little confused why you wouldn't pack for both extremes (warm and cold) regardless of the answers you get here?

You would have to know my husband!! We're talking more than adding a sweater. Actually, he has lost so much weight that we'll have to buy new clothes for the cruise.

Kathy

You would have to know my husband!! We're talking more than adding a sweater. Actually, he has lost so much weight that we'll have to buy new clothes for the cruise.

Kathy

I wish the best for both of you on this cruise. It sounds like you have both been confronting many difficulties with his illness if I am reading between the lines properly.

I would still anticipate both extremes regardless of what you hear on this forum. His and your comfort can ruin the cruise if you pack too lightly expecting it to be warm and it isn't.

A pair of shorts and a tee shirt don't take up too much room, but if you leave the warm sweater behind and you need it, you are in trouble. Better to pack an additional suitcase of warmer clothiers even if you don't need it.

If you are concerned about DH's being cold in various public areas on the Dawn, you should exercise care about your stateroom as well - by alerting NCL's Special Needs Desk ahead of time & discuss your concern, and see what suggestions & arrangements that they can pre-arrange for your arrival - i.e. extra comforter/bedding.

http://www2.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

The Caribbean waters that the Dawn will be sailing upon should be relatively warm & comfortable - and if you plan to use the MDR's for meals, they should be able to help arrange seating location as a special request.

Appreciate all the input. Believe I'll pack for warmer weather and get one pair of long pants just in case.

Kathy

P.S. If you see him, he'll be the one with winter jacket, gloves, and scarf!!:D

Best of luck to you both. I hope you are wrong and he gets to enjoy other cruises that this one. I'll think good thoughts for you both.

Kathy

I remember my first Bermuda cruise on the Dawn in the end of August a few years ago......on the first night it was so cold in the dining room that people had to use their towels as cover ups. It was hot and humid out on deck, but the dining room was like an ice chamber. I suppose alot of people complained and from the next night, it was ok.......and other times we have found it just right/comfortable. Good luck with the cruise. Hope you and hubby enjoy it.

I personally think the public areas are rather chilly, I always need a sweater on in the bars, show and dining rooms. Short sleeves will not be warm enough inside, I fortunatley do not have health issues, but need cover ups inside the Dawn and other Ships we have been on. They keep the AC going! Shivering while trying to eat or watch a Show is no fun.

If you are concerned about DH's being cold in various public areas on the Dawn, you should exercise care about your stateroom as well - by alerting NCL's Special Needs Desk ahead of time & discuss your concern, and see what suggestions & arrangements that they can pre-arrange for your arrival - i.e. extra comforter/bedding.

http://www2.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

The Caribbean waters that the Dawn will be sailing upon should be relatively warm & comfortable - and if you plan to use the MDR's for meals, they should be able to help arrange seating location as a special request.

Good information. Thanks. I've already handled two special requests and had not thought of these.

Kathy

Archived