Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

rcmp_musical_ride_arch.jpg

musical-ride2.jpg

Thanks for the awesome review of one of my favourite (spelt correctly :p) ships

and for the work you and your wife do as RCMP's!!. I love the musical ride!!

My brother his wife and thier friends are on the Miracle right now :eek: Hopefully they will be able to disembark on Sunday!! They are in for a shocker of a weather change!!

What a great review..So much good information and pictures..We will be on Miracle on 11/30..Can you tell me what kind of cooler you use to bring your beverages on? We like to bring 2 twelve packs of Pepsi..Thank you again for the great review

Thanks for sharing the information about the Musical Ride, very interesting. I wish Tracy luck in becoming a member of the Musical Ride. I am sure that job is very demanding and requires a lot of travel.

Wonderful pictures, looking forward to the rest of your review.

So if your wife does get on with the musical ride does that mean you will have to move to the capital or does it just mean she will be traveling a lot from where you are currently located.

If you are moving to O-town then you have a few fans from Cruise Critic already living here.

Good luck to her and keep on writing I want to see what the Miracle looks like now after my visit 5 years ago. I already see that the whole back adults pool area has changed.

I'm assuming the Miracle is the same class ship as the Legend? I've never sailed the Miracle (yet), but have been on the Legend and they look similar. Miracle and Legend are spirit class ships, as are Spirit and Pride.

As a horse lover and once upon a time horse owner, I wish Tracy luck in getting her dream job. Do you have horses now?

Thank you again for an excellent review. It's a pleasure reading through ALL of them!

So if your wife does get on with the musical ride does that mean you will have to move to the capital or does it just mean she will be traveling a lot from where you are currently located.

If you are moving to O-town then you have a few fans from Cruise Critic already living here.

Good luck to her and keep on writing I want to see what the Miracle looks like now after my visit 5 years ago. I already see that the whole back adults pool area has changed.

Yea, they changed the aft pool to Serenity when she went into dry dock earlier this year. We are anxious to see the changes too. Always loved that aft area and I know there were some "repeat Miracle cruisers" that were NOT happy they made that change!

Thank you. Tracy is finding police work is very demanding. She is hoping to transfer to the Musical Ride next year. For our non-Canadian friends who may not know what it is. 'The Musical Ride of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is a formal event showcasing the equestrian skills performed by thirty-two cavalry who are regular members of the force. The event is held in Canada and worldwide to promote the RCMP'. Contrary to popular belief throughout the world, the regular members of the RCMP do not ride horses, some of us have never been on a horse. We drive police vehicles. Went I first went to the UK to meet Tracy's family they were all shocked that I had never been on a horse.

musical-ride2.jpg

A few years ago, they appeared at the State Fair in Dallas, TX. They were incredible! Amazing coordination and timing. Very impressive! Silver

Thank you. Tracy is finding police work is very demanding. She is hoping to transfer to the Musical Ride next year. For our non-Canadian friends who may not know what it is. 'The Musical Ride of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is a formal event showcasing the equestrian skills performed by thirty-two cavalry who are regular members of the force. The event is held in Canada and worldwide to promote the RCMP'.

Contrary to popular belief throughout the world, the regular members of the RCMP do not ride horses, some of us have never been on a horse. We drive police vehicles. Went I first went to the UK to meet Tracy's family they were all shocked that I had never been on a horse.

musical-ride2.jpg

Very interesting. My mother's father and family are from Quebec. They also have a summer camp on a small lake in the small town of Buckingham. :eek: We went up there for 2 weeks every summer as I was growing up. I will show her this!

Hi Mike....Pete and I were on this cruise with you (met you at the second CC cocktail party) and we're really enjoying the retrospective through your amazing photos. Aren't we glad we cruised on the October 5 sailing instead of the Miracle's current voyage:eek:

Kathy

It was now 1:30 pm and the cabins were ready. Tracy and I lugged our carry-on luggage to Verandah Deck, aft (deck 7). Balcony cabin 7262 and interior cabin 7266. I loved the cabin hall ways; they were filled with fictional icons.

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

Our gold pins

IMG_0028.jpg

Balcony

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

Upon arrival there was a note for us to call room service to have our freshly prepared, pre-ordered Bon Voyage canapé tray delivered.

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

We had about 1.5 hours before muster. The plan was to explore the ship, go to muster, followed by meeting the kids in our cabin. We would eat the canapé and unpack the luggage, assuming it had arrived.

Just before departure, which was scheduled for 4 pm, we would attend our much anticipated roll call meet & greet. We had approximately 45 persons who had indicated they would be attending the Lido Deck Odyssey Bar after muster. Everyone was encouraged to wear Mardi Gras beads so CC members could be recognized.

So off we went, Tracy and I to explore the ship. I had already photographed the upper decks so we started with deck 1 and worked our way up.

The Mad Hatter Ball Lounge, Riviera deck forward, (deck 1) is where the Punchliner comedy club is located. They also have Karaoke and the adult game ‘Quest’. Tracy is a big Disney fan and loved this room.

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

Hi James, hope all is well with you and Kerry.

Hi Mike, Everything is good with us, thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you and the family too.

A LITTLE weather situation here in NYC is in the forecast but we are very hopeful that it isn't as bad as the weather people are predicting. Please say hi to Tracy and we're lovin' your review.:)

Have a great weekend.

James & Kerry