Soda package - best to pre-order?

Ronsangel

Has anyone pre-ordered the soda package in the past? We'll be on the Freedom Nov. 25 and I'm thinking of pre-ordering so that we don't have to bother stopping at the table, but wondering....do they deliver the cups to your stateroom for you, or do you have to go to the table to pick it up anyway? Just trying to save some time, so that I can enjoy embarkation day with as few line ups as possible :)

If you pre-order, you sea pass will be stamped with the Coke emblem. The tumbler will be located in your room. If you order it onboard they put a sticker on your sea pass and you then get your cup. We have pre-ordered out so that the sticker doesn't fall off.

Oh yes it is best to order ahead of time.

The pre-stamped emblam on the sea pass is worth it.

The first time we sailed we did not know we could order ahead...so we purchased it on board...... and our daughters sticker started ripping and falling off half way thru the cruise, we went to customer service and they put a piece of tape on it.. kinda like a bandaid fixer upper.

So avoid the hassle

Buy ahead.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

We always pre-order as well.

You do use your credit card to pay ahead of time, so there isn't a way to use OBC that I am aware. Although someone may know to the contrary.

I thought I was the only vain one who liked the emblem on the card vs. the "sticker". Good to hear I am not :)

You do not get your cup until you get to the cabin, but it has always been there when we have been allowed into the rooms. We generally are among the early boarders but there is no issue getting a pop in the WJ or any other bar without the cup (just in case anyone was wondering..and for that matter, we don't use the cup that much throughout the cruise anyway.)

Ultimate on Princess includes juice, smoothies, milkshakes and mocktails and not just soda. We loved this on Princess this summer.

What sodas are included on RCI, is there an option to include juice? We have chosen Adventure of the Seas for summer 2013.

Thanks Gillian

Should have added Princess soda card is just the soda gun products so no root beer etc just sprite, coke, soda water.

Shame AOS won't have the new soda machines that have loads of flavours, but interested to know what drinks they serve on the soda card. Is there a choice of diet products?

Thanks in advance for the info. Gillian

Do they have the Ultimate card like Princess does? Thank's

Ultimate on Princess includes juice, smoothies, milkshakes and mocktails and not just soda. We loved this on Princess this summer.

What sodas are included on RCI, is there an option to include juice? We have chosen Adventure of the Seas for summer 2013.

Thanks Gillian

Nothing like the Princess Ultimate card, then. It is JUST a soda card. No other beverages are included.

If you are on a ship with just regular fountains at the bars, it is Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. (and seltzer/club soda) SOME people have reported success in getting servers to give them cans of Diet Sprite and ginger ale. Others have NOT been successful.

Ginger ale and Fanta orange are on the fountains in the MDR.

Just an FYI...

We pre-paid the soda package, and sure enough you get the printed sea pass which looks cool, and the cups are in your room, but for us we were on the ship by 11:30 and could not use the funky new freeestyle coke machines because we didn't have our cups as they were sitting in our room..... had to wait AGES to try out orange/cherry/lime coke zero...Well 90 mins anyway :-)

On the Oasis there were 4 freestyle machines. 2 were in the windjammer and 2 on deck 5 near the starbucks.

I found on our sailing the ones in the windjammer were out of action a lot. And there was almost always a long line up. We mostly just got barstaff to refill with coke....

Has anyone pre-ordered the soda package in the past? We'll be on the Freedom Nov. 25 and I'm thinking of pre-ordering so that we don't have to bother stopping at the table, but wondering....do they deliver the cups to your stateroom for you, or do you have to go to the table to pick it up anyway? Just trying to save some time, so that I can enjoy embarkation day with as few line ups as possible :)

I'm only going to get the soda package if my rum runners make it through security ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived