OK to bring on soda?

magroo

This is an actual Oceania Minibar -bottled water & soft drinks are replenished daily at no cost to the passenger

Will my steward remove those things I don't want, and replenish with only those things I do want?

I expect the answer is "Yes, but of course", but no harm in confirming, right. ;)

So the fridge is set up like a hotel mini bar? They are trying to sell you stuff from your fridge? I don't think that I like that idea.

So just do not drink the alcoholic drinks from there :rolleyes:

sodas & bottled water are still no charge

So the fridge is set up like a hotel mini bar? They are trying to sell you stuff from your fridge? I don't think that I like that idea.

Just ask the stewardess to empty the fridge of the stuff you don't want, and keep it full of the stuff you DO want. No need to decide whether you like it or not ;).

no, but you may certainly request it in advance of your cruise and if the marina in an area of the world where that beverage is distributed, you will find your cabin stocked with it when you get onto the ship. :d

232850.jpg this is an actual oceania minibar -bottled water & soft drinks are replenished daily at no cost to the passenger

thanks! You are so very helpful on these boards!!!

We asked for the drinks we didn't want to be removed and when we pulled our luggage out from under the bed to pack at the end of the cruise found all those bottles/cans in a pillowcase under the bed!:confused: Guess it works so the attendant doesn't have to remember what to restock on the busy turnover days.

My brother asked if he could get tangerine Diet Rite on our Baltic cruise. They would have sent it over on the supply ship a few weeks before our cruise, but would have charged $7 :p( a 8 pack??). So he drank Diet Coke. They might be able to get Diet Rite in Miami, and not have a extra charge in a US port. Never hurts to ask!:D

John

Just ask the stewardess to empty the fridge of the stuff you don't want, and keep it full of the stuff you DO want. No need to decide whether you like it or not ;).

I agree that this is simple to do, but for some reason it strikes me as kind of icky to have stuff for sale in my fridge. Sort of like when you check into a hotel room and you see two nice big 20 oz. bottles of water on the table, and then you go and read the label hanging around the neck of the bottles and find that each bottle is $4.00. Having said that, on a recent all inclusive cruise, the only thing that I touched in my fridge for 14 days was bottled water, so I am not worried about the temptation to buy alcohol in my fridge. It just strikes me as kind of an intrusion into the peace and tranquility of my cabin.:cool:

[quote name='JAKUEHNLE']My brother asked if he could get tangerine Diet Rite on our Baltic cruise. They would have sent it over on the supply ship a few weeks before our cruise, but would have charged $7 :p( a 8 pack??). So he drank Diet Coke. They might be able to get Diet Rite in Miami, and not have a extra charge in a US port. Never hurts to ask!:D
John[/QUOTE]

Thank you, John - We'll certainly call our TA and ask that our favorites be stocked!

Archived