OK to bring on soda?

magroo

I know that Oceania does not have a soda drink package (would be a good idea for those of us that aren't big alcohol drinkers). Are they OK with guests bringing on their own? We like to have it in our stateroom.

Hi Magroo;

They don't have a soda package because ALL sodas are complimentary -- also bottled water, coffees, specialty coffees, etc. In fact, almost anything non-alcoholic. So save your luggage space. If you want it in your room - just ask your room steward or butler and he'll keep your refrig filled with what you like. Enjoy your O cruise.

I encourage and urge you to bring OnBoard all the soda your luggage can hold!

FDR

But Mr. Del Rio, if they fill their luggage with soda, they'll have to use your lovely 1000 count sheets in the most creative ways to clothe themselves during the cruise!

BTW, Magroo, the reason everyone is laughing at fdr's comment is he is Frank Del Rio, president of Oceania's holding company, in case you didn't know as a first time O cruiser. His responsiveness (and sometimes his humor) is one of the reasons O passengers are so loyal.

BUT seriously, if you want anything other than diet coke (if you have sugar free drinks) then let them know in advance.

Does the ship carry Caffeine Free Diet Coke? Or just the caffinated?

Does the ship carry Caffeine Free Diet Coke? Or just the caffinated?

Caffeine free hasn't been an option but the have all sorts of canned sodas, not just coke.... Also - the lobster s free too (not sure if joke or just newbie from those other ships where you pay extra for, we'll everything!)

LOVE. Oceania.... :)

Caffeine free hasn't been an option but the have all sorts of canned sodas, not just coke.... Also - the lobster s free too (not sure if joke or just newbie from those other ships where you pay extra for, we'll everything!)

If you are referring to my post you may want to read this thread & you will get the joke :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1720860&highlight=lobster

Lyn

I think if you ask ahead of time they will stock Caffeine free coke

I have only seen regular coke & diet free

Yes, just ask ahead. We had caffeine free stocked in our cabin. Did have to take it with me to lunch though, as venues on ship did not have it available. "O" is most happy to oblige. Love FDRs humor. Enjoy your cruise. Staff is wonderful.

Yes, just ask ahead. We had caffeine free stocked in our cabin. Did have to take it with me to lunch though, as venues on ship did not have it available. "O" is most happy to oblige. Love FDRs humor. Enjoy your cruise. Staff is wonderful.

I was replying to RUTHC so I am sure she will appreciate your confirmation of asking ahead of time for the caffeine free version

I am looking forward to "going home" & seeing all the crew we have met in the past ;)

Lyn

"It is a new cost saving measure :D

Passengers can bring all the soda they want so O will have more $$ to spend on LOBSTER :D"

Oh, Lyn, I like your interpretation much better. Since I don't drink soda, think how much extra clothing I can carry to accommodate my expanding girth as I eat all that lobster slathered with butter!

Caffeine free hasn't been an option but the have all sorts of canned sodas, not just coke....

I think if you ask ahead of time they will stock Caffeine free coke

I have only seen regular coke & diet free

Thank you both for the info. I presume, Lyn, that when you said "diet free" you meant "sugar free".

I can take care of ordering my preference when it gets closer to my cruise. Now I know what to do!

Thank you both for the info. I presume, Lyn, that when you said "diet free" you meant "sugar free".

I can take care of ordering my preference when it gets closer to my cruise. Now I know what to do!

LOL Yes Ruth I did mean sugar free...wouldn't be nice if it was diet free though ...wishful thinking on my part maybe :D

I would ask your TA to put it on your file now ...sometimes Oceania have to order supplies well in advance of the cruise ...just a thought

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

I would ask your TA to put it on your file now ...sometimes Oceania have to order supplies well in advance of the cruise ...just a thought

The cruise is a year from now. But I do appreciate the thought and will keep it in mind for just a little closer to sailing. ;)

The cruise is a year from now. But I do appreciate the thought and will keep it in mind for just a little closer to sailing. ;)

hoping you will share your experience with the HAL board. I've been considering this cruise line too:D

Hi Magroo;

They don't have a soda package because ALL sodas are complimentary -- also bottled water, coffees, specialty coffees, etc. In fact, almost anything non-alcoholic. So save your luggage space. If you want it in your room - just ask your room steward or butler and he'll keep your refrig filled with what you like. Enjoy your O cruise.

Thank you! I must have missed this when I searched the website for the info.

Has anyone seen RC DIET RITE SODA (DIET, NO CAFFEINE, NO SODIUM) onboard the Marina? TIA

Has anyone seen RC DIET RITE SODA (DIET, NO CAFFEINE, NO SODIUM) onboard the Marina? TIA

No, but you may certainly request it in advance of your cruise and if the Marina in an area of the World where that beverage is distributed, you will find your cabin stocked with it when you get onto the ship. :D

232850.jpg This is an actual Oceania Minibar -bottled water & soft drinks are replenished daily at no cost to the passenger

Archived