LIVE - Caribbean Princess Nov. 2, 2012 not the Oct 31

compozer

Sandy:

Have a good time on this part of the vacation. Hopefully you get to sunshine and some warmth before too long. Will be interesting as to how full the ship will be this time. Hope it goes well.

Was so good to talk to you the other day in Boston. Was glad I took the chance to call and you were able to answer. Sorry you couldn't get the pictures uploaded. Will be looking forward to seeing them.

Talk to you soon.

Composer,

My friend said embarkation was fast and there were plenty of porters, and I'm so glad she got on board. All of you deserve a wonderful vacation, smooth sailing and sunny skies! Cheers!

Have a great cruise!!

Glad she made it. I imagine everyone was worried that they might not make it and came early and that is what caused the backlog. And no power in the terminal did not help. Princess did a wonderful job of having more than enough staff on hand to help.

When we arrived in the morning, everything was dark but street lights. It was wonderful to see the lights on in Manhattan when we backed out of the pier but then I looked across the river and that side was black. I took some great pictures of the skyline and then my heart sank - more dark buildings. Then another section with lights on and then more dark buildings. There were some of the buildings were so bright that I started to get upset. There are so many people without power and then they have every light on in these huge buildings!!!! I wish I knew how to post pictures but I still can't upload pictures. I don't think I will ever get that image out of my mind - I really don't feel right going on this cruise enjoying another week in this beautiful suite. I should have gotten off and tried to do something to help. I couldn't sleep at all last night thinking about all these people suffering as a result of Sandy.

Could not get on the internet last evening. The connections have been the worst that I have ever experienced on a ship. Part of it is probably due to the fact that Princess gave people minutes so they could make arrangements to get home. They also allowed people to make phone calls for free.

The winds have really picked up since we left NYC (this balcony is usually protected but I almost feel I could get blown off) and we have had a very rough night - we are on the stern so it rocks more back here - I'm sure this will also be the fault of Princess. Can't remember if I mentioned it but customer service was again backed up all day and evening - everyone wants to know how much they will get back and when they can start spending it. Others want an upgrade since they heard so many are not onboard. Our steward told us he has three empty cabins and most have two. I believe most have something like 16 cabins so that really is a lot less than I figured.

We had another outstanding dinner at the Crown Grill last night. Our waitress, Mitu, is outstanding. She is so much fun and is on top of everything. Too much food and their steaks are so delicious. We never made it to any shows or clubs. We were dead tired - how in the world can we be tired for two weeks when we really don't do anything all day? Maybe it is all the food but we hardly eat anything for lunch and have cut out desserts - well, just a little tonight. I think it is time to try eating a little earlier.

Have heard a few reports that there is another storm, Rosa, but it sounds like she is weakening - that is great news.

Hulagirl,

It is always so much fun talking to you. Thanks for the good wishes.

Hope to start meeting some of the people from our roll call.

Is the M&G still scheduled for Sunday at 11?

Hi Sandy, I just wish that everyone would stop complaining and be thankful for what they have. I live on Long Island there are more than 100,000 homes that have been destroyed. These people have no place to go. People still do have any power. There is a shortage of gasoline for their cars. People are on gas lines for over 2 hours just so they can get to work, that is if their place of business has power. They certainly are not going on a cruise anytime soon. I know their cruise was not what they thought it would be. I think Princess is doing everything that they possibly can do.

Hi granny,

totally agree with you.

When our room service buddy delivered our coffee this am, he said all kinds of people are complaining that they couldn't sleep because it was too rough and the ship was moving around too much and making noise.

Poor princess - they can't win

the

Good Sandy

Hi granny,

totally agree with you.

When our room service buddy delivered our coffee this am, he said all kinds of people are complaining that they couldn't sleep because it was too rough and the ship was moving around too much and making noise.

Poor princess - they can't win

the

Good Sandy

Ship too rough? When I was on board last week, it felt like I was in a rocking chair being rocked to sleep, it was nice. Why are people complaining?

Ship too rough? When I was on board last week, it felt like I was in a rocking chair being rocked to sleep, it was nice. Why are people complaining?

Because that is what people like to do these days!

Some people think that this is such a large ship that it should be very smooth riding.

We just returned from the Pirate lecture and it was wonderful. Thank you Phil, it was very informative and you presentation was super. Loved your music video - pictures were outstanding. Can't wait to see what you do tomorrow.

For the 10/27 sailing, that arrived Friday, goodwill credits are already appearing.

My daughter told it was there yesterday. Mine is there.

When we got off, we were out of the sun so it was chilly. I had a hoodie on and was fine waiting for our 11 AM car service.

Express walk off went VERY fast, no long lines at all.

When we knew 30 degrees colder for 10/27 sailing, added a hat, extra hoodie and long shirt I wear to be out in snow cold just in case. Used it all!

Bernadette

Woke up to warm weather -YES!!!!!!!!!!!! We are out on the balcony. Love having our first cups of coffee out there. Seas have calmed down - still a few white caps.

Nothing in the Patter about the M&G.

Last night was formal. It was so refreshing to see so many people dressed up. Lots of long gowns and tuxes. Our last cruise was so different - hardly anyone dressed up.

Looking forward to meeting everyone this morning.

[quote name='compozer']
Nothing in the Patter about the M&G.

[/quote]

Usually there is no notice in the Patter as it is a private group meeting.

When it has been mentioned in the Patter in the past, some other passengers to show up just to criticize Princess since they see it is a Cruise Critic meeting.

[quote name='caribill']Usually there is no notice in the Patter as it is a private group meeting.

When it has been mentioned in the Patter in the past, some other passengers to show up just to criticize Princess since they see it is a Cruise Critic meeting.[/quote]

Thats why they put CC meeting. ;)

[quote name='caribill']Usually there is no notice in the Patter as it is a private group meeting.

When it has been mentioned in the Patter in the past, some other passengers to show up just to criticize Princess since they see it is a Cruise Critic meeting.[/QUOTE]

Dorothy has been in contact with a rep many time over the last week and was told it WOULD be in the Patter. I have never seen one listed but you assume it will be when someone in authority says it will.

We had a nice turn out with several officers. Neil stopped in also. Thanks again to everyone for there hard work organizing it.

Got2Cruise,
sorry I didn't meet them. The mic was not working very well and as it happens many times, groups of people were talking so we could not hear any introductions or speakers on the other side. That is a beautiful view but the layout of the room is not good for being able to hear and see everyone.

Lunch was just delivered and then we are off the watch the PACKERS!!!!

Sandy

[quote name='compozer']Dorothy has been in contact with a rep many time over the last week and was told it WOULD be in the Patter. I have never seen one listed but you assume it will be when someone in authority says it will.

We had a nice turn out with several officers. Neil stopped in also. Thanks again to everyone for there hard work organizing it.

Got2Cruise,
sorry I didn't meet them. The mic was not working very well and as it happens many times, groups of people were talking so we could not hear any introductions or speakers on the other side. That is a beautiful view but the layout of the room is not good for being able to hear and see everyone.

Lunch was just delivered and then we are off the watch the PACKERS!!!!

Sandy[/QUOTE]

This may sound like an odd request, but would you be able to take a look when you're at the buffet and see if they offer the small cartons of WHOLE milk? Can't get an answer from Princess, and found that on our last Carnival sailing that they had eliminated them - but still had skim, 2%, and chocolate.

Less than two weeks to go until our turn!! :cool:

Thanks (and have FUN)!!

Tom

Thanks for posting this live thread! I thoroughly enjoy reading about everyone's experiences through their love of cruising!
We will be jumping onboard the CB in a few weeks and I was wondering how well the Internet is running? Any downtimes? And do you think it could handle a Skype or FaceTime call. My wife and I would like to have a visual call with our young child while away and thought it would be neat to try from the ship.

[quote name='Pharmguy83']Thanks for posting this live thread! I thoroughly enjoy reading about everyone's experiences through their love of cruising!
We will be jumping onboard the CB in a few weeks and I was wondering how well the Internet is running? Any downtimes? And do you think it could handle a Skype or FaceTime call. My wife and I would like to have a visual call with our young child while away and thought it would be neat to try from the ship.[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]With regard to the Internet, past performance is no guarantee of future performance: it can be slow then fast then slow then gone, and you just never know. On my Panama Canal cruise, I had a ton of trouble several times getting on to update my Live thread; PaminCA who sailed right after me had very little trouble. You just never know.

As for Skype, don't count on it working well enough for that. You're better off finding an internet cafe/free wifi place in port (ask your steward or waiter; the crew always knows where there's free wifi).
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Archived