Summer 2014 Itineraries

APolagies if this is posted elsewhere but the repositioning cruise for April 2014 is in Thomson website now. From Cyprus with love, on Spirit.

hmmmm nice looking itinerary this: messina (lovely) naples (for pompei) alicante, bay of biscuit (shouldnt be too lively in april) train back from Liverpool (only one change at birmingham)....I'm tempted:cool:

Here's two articles about summer 2014:

http://m.ttgdigital.com/news/cruise/winter-olympics-host-in-thomson-cruises-2014-itineraries/4687358.article

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2006063&c=setreg&region=2

The only story is is that they are introducing six new ports, kind of emphasises the fact that nothing is really changing for next year. Crimean Discovery sailing dates are apparently increasing (just a shame the itinerary now has two days at sea), I'm guessing it will replace some Egypt and the Holy Land sailings.

In terms of the main package holidays, Puerto Vallarta in Mexico and Mauritus have been added - could be new cruising destinations for winter 2014/15? Mexico is looking the most likely as that is getting flights from London Gatwick and Manchester, unlike Mauritus and Thailand that are just from LGW.

A new Sensatori in Fethiye, Dalaman region of Turkey, is being introduced. So you can do 7 nights on Celebration and then 7 nights in the Sensatori Fethiye. I'm guessing this was why they swapped Spirit and Celebration back, so you can sail on the more premium 'Platinum' ship then go and stay at the more premium Sensatori hotel.

Best of the Black Sea lead-in price is £1,699 pp, so definitely not cheap then!!! I think that price is way to high! Will cost at least £3,398 which for October I think is a bit steep.

No info either on any free inclusive upgrades. Usually it is mentioned by now. :(

UPDATE

The main Thomson press release is now out:

http://communicationcentre.thomson.co.uk/News/Thomson-Cruises-slaloms-its-way-to-summer-2014-launch-150.aspx

There WILL be free AI upgrades on Dream, Celebration and Majesty fly-cruises, and also for selected Spirit sailings too (I'm guessing the fly-cruise it is doing in October).

UPDATE

The main Thomson press release is now out:

http://communicationcentre.thomson.co.uk/News/Thomson-Cruises-slaloms-its-way-to-summer-2014-launch-150.aspx

There WILL be free AI upgrades on Dream, Celebration and Majesty fly-cruises, and also for selected Spirit sailings too (I'm guessing the fly-cruise it is doing in October).

Thanks Sailaway, do you think we will get any dates before the launch day or any more deatails :confused::confused:

Thanks Sailaway, do you think we will get any dates before the launch day or any more deatails :confused::confused:

I doubt it now, I think this will be it until next Thursday. Will keep checking CD as they sometimes have the itineraries up earlier. Some have managed though to get brochures on the Monday of the release week, so you could always try that, but I think this has got harder though the past couple of years.

My TA said brochures not available as prices not out yet when I went in today. They had the new brochure for Island Escape though. I said we would look on line, and when I got home I found an Island Escape 11 night Adult only one, Magic of the Med from Birmingham on 29.10.13, so I got the details then went back to TA and they matched it for £20 which I am happy with.

Will have to get another countdown clock sorted. So excited.

I had a phone call from my TA this afternoon to tell me the brochures are available

I had a phone call from my TA this afternoon to tell me the brochures are available

Yep the second call came 15 mnutes after the first one, from the same TA :rolleyes:

They must be getting desperate.

I decided not to tell them I will probably miss out cruising with Thomson next year.

I still haven't come down to earth yet. I am just so looking forward to having another cruise on the agenda. New ship for us, and great to have something to look forward to before the winter sets in.

So pleased for you - always great to have one (or in your case two! :D ) to look forward to. As you say, it will break up the wait for the Caribbean one! Well done - enjoy the anticipation. ;)

Went into TA today and got brochure. Both shops in the shopping centre were packed.

TA told me the 14 night Black Sea itinerary leaving on 6th October is a really popular one and they had sold 15 by the early afternoon when I was in. Such a pity there is only one date as it clashes with our timeshare :(

Went into TA today and got brochure. Both shops in the shopping centre were packed.

TA told me the 14 night Black Sea itinerary leaving on 6th October is a really popular one and they had sold 15 by the early afternoon when I was in. Such a pity there is only one date as it clashes with our timeshare :(

At that rate the ship would soon be full! Just did a price check and it looks very reasonable considering it includes 2 weeks all inclusive drinks. Just wonder if my liver/kidneys could cope with 2 weeks AI :eek::D

At that rate the ship would soon be full! Just did a price check and it looks very reasonable considering it includes 2 weeks all inclusive drinks. Just wonder if my liver/kidneys could cope with 2 weeks AI :eek::D

We do the b2b with AI - we have a drying out session for about 3 months afterwards lol!

I think it's a real shame that Thomson didn't put on several of these cruises throughout the year; we are doing the Black Sea this year with B2B but the 2 week one goes to so many more places! Their b2b Black Sea next year only actually includes 2 ports in the Black Sea and 2 days at sea & they have dropped Nessebar which actually looks nicer than Constanta which they are continuing; will be interesting to see how well it sells!

We manage it no bother :D but you can use it to get nice coffees and virgin cocktails too ;)

We manage it no bother :D but you can use it to get nice coffees and virgin cocktails too ;)

Hi Nell. Just been talking to my sister on the phone regarding putting on weight on holidays and losing it afterwards!! I said that I had put very little weight on this last cruise as we were not on AI this last time so drank less, in particular the cappuccinos and virgin cocktails!! It was tea from the deck 10 machines and water from all those free large bottles of water with the wine packages that we drank. Lol. :eek:

We do the b2b with AI - we have a drying out session for about 3 months afterwards lol!

I think it's a real shame that Thomson didn't put on several of these cruises throughout the year; we are doing the Black Sea this year with B2B but the 2 week one goes to so many more places! Their b2b Black Sea next year only actually includes 2 ports in the Black Sea and 2 days at sea & they have dropped Nessebar which actually looks nicer than Constanta which they are continuing; will be interesting to see how well it sells!

Had a holiday in Bulgaria about 35 years ago staying at Sunny Beach and Golden Sands. We went to Nessebar then. It was a lovely place but my memory of it was of lots of churches being built (or resurrected). :rolleyes:

Hi Nell. Just been talking to my sister on the phone regarding putting on weight on holidays and losing it afterwards!! I said that I had put very little weight on this last cruise as we were not on AI this last time so drank less, in particular the cappuccinos and virgin cocktails!! It was tea from the deck 10 machines and water from all those free large bottles of water with the wine packages that we drank. Lol. :eek:

Sadly, I think you are right, Jakanne :o

Why is it that everything that is bad for you tastes so good :confused:

I refused nothing on our last cruise and put on between 4 and 5 pounds in 2 weeks, which is not enough to put me off doing it again but I think with all those sea days on the next cruise and trips to the beach I will need to go to the gym and walk round that promenade deck a lot :eek:

Archived