Summer 2014 Itineraries

ive got the link but if i put it on i will get a ticking off ! Its on f/b on the P&O page and on the "cruise people " page tho

You're "cruising" about tonight Vicki. Lol. I saw this too. What's it got to do with Eskimos?

The news has only just leaked but I notice that there are few replies on the P&O forum, perhaps they are all having a lie in. Some on the replacement forum are moaning that the itineries are repetitive so I pointed out that there is nothing wrong with that. Thomson do it all the time ;)

What we have here is a possible alternative/rival to Thomson for british ambience fly cruises with a modern ship.

I was considering 2 warm water cruises next summer and have pencilled in Majesty but may well consider Ventura as an alternative to Dream. I know I can get a good nights sleep on Ventura but why risk thousands to see if the same applies to Dream.

Here is the only itinery i could find so far

Savona - Livorno - sea - Naples - sea - Dubrovnik - Venice - Venice - sea - Kotor - Corfu - sea - Civitavecchia - Ajaccio - Savona

Pretty mundane for Thomson cruisers but different for staid old P&O :D

ps - Cunards Queen victoria is doing fly cruises from the eastern med in 2014 as well. They are talking of 'loosening up' the onboard ambience as well

You mean us "plebs" will be allowed on every deck - even the top deck :eek::D

Oh yar! Haha very funny Linda .

Well looks like more choice for next year doesn't it !

Looking at p&o's fly itineraries there are a few dates I quite fancy but wish they'd used Oceana but I suppose they want to fill the biggest ship cause I think it will sell well :cool:

I always think they miss a huge chunk of the market not offering med fly cruises except the few end of season ones they've done in the past, can't wait to see what Thomson have on offer hope they ring the changes a bit! !! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

FE1;37613699]Can't believe no one has any further information on 2014 ships/routes, would imagine the brochures already printed (probably in China in bulk). Anyone got any news/thoughts?

:):)

My thoughts exactly! Usually something is leaked or some information is given by now. I looked at some old threads last year and the 'other' TUI cruise site gave launch dates for Thomson at the beginning of March, but still nothing. :confused:

Whether this has something to do with the recent changes that seemed to have occurred on the port schedules I don't know, but usually by now some info is released.[/left]

Hopefully, we might hear something in the next few weeks. I'm not expecting a lot of change though compared to this year. Maybe a couple more different itineraries, but nothing more I don't think. We'll see... :rolleyes:

Do you know a bit more, hope so the time is dragging waiting for Thomson :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Unfortunately no, instead a mission for someone to try and get some info out of Thomson staff at the cruise show this weekend. You would think that they would have some information regarding what is on offer next summer, as by now all staff should have received something with info on next years itineraries.

After all, it is a cruise show about current and future trends, and to get help and advice on future cruises, so surely they must have something on hand to give people who are looking at 2014, as every other cruise line does.

Unfortunately no, instead a mission for someone to try and get some info out of Thomson staff at the cruise show this weekend. You would think that they would have some information regarding what is on offer next summer, as by now all staff should have received something with info on next years itineraries.

After all, it is a cruise show about current and future trends, and to get help and advice on future cruises, so surely they must have something on hand to give people who are looking at 2014, as every other cruise line does.

Well you know I would do it for you Sailaway;):).

Unfortunately it's just a bit too far to travel :(:D:D.

Finally, here we go! Part one of Summer 2014 itineraries:

Thomson Cruises Unveils its Summer 2014 Ex-UK Programme

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/thomson-cruises-unveils-its-summer-2014-ex-uk-programme/

Ex-UK itineraries to go on sale Thursday, 11 April and the rest of the season (fly-cruises) to go on sale Thursday, 25 April as expected.

For ex-UK, Thomson Spirit will sail from Liverpool (May), Newcastle (June-July) and Harwich (August-September). Then, it is sailing south for the Mediterranean, although no confirmation of where (expecting Palma).

There's a new Arctic Circle itinerary, two bank holiday taster cruises, five adult-only cruises and early booking incentives include £100 free onboard credit and free coach transfer/car parking.

Kruzseeka....

Is this what you have been waiting for?

....the popular Fire & Ice itinerary, sailing to Stornoway, Reykjavik, Isafjord, Akureyri, Lerwick, Bergen, Ulvik, and Eidfjord from Harwich (courtesy of Sailaway's Blog)

or was it North Cape you were interested in?

Malc.

Kruzseeka....

Is this what you have been waiting for?

....the popular Fire & Ice itinerary, sailing to Stornoway, Reykjavik, Isafjord, Akureyri, Lerwick, Bergen, Ulvik, and Eidfjord from Harwich (courtesy of Sailaway's Blog)

or was it North Cape you were interested in?

Malc.

Hi Malc,

What!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Have I missed that? Going from Harwich??????????? Yes, yes - that was what I was waiting for but had lost hope of them ever going other than from Newcastle! As a result we've just booked to go with P&O this year!!!!!!! :eek::eek: On the plus side it was a good Getaway price! ;)

However if it's as good an itinerary as I hope we could well be going again next year if they are going from Harwich!!! We have been really struggling to try to decide what excursions to do in Iceland as there appears to be quite a lot of interest. From happy v's experiences and other posters we have now made some decisions but have been left thinking there are other things we'd like to do in each port - so a return visit could be just the ticket (the blue Lagoon beckons, happy v!). I'd be more than happy to return to Spirit for that (or is it Celebration - no I think we've moved past that scenario! :confused:).

It's a few years since we last did the North Cape too so wouldn't mind going there again either. Oh this looks promising! :)

Hi Malc,

What!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Have I missed that? Going from Harwich??????????? Yes, yes - that was what I was waiting for but had lost hope of them ever going other than from Newcastle! As a result we've just booked to go with P&O this year!!!!!!! :eek: On the plus side it was a good Getaway price! ;)

However if it's as good an itinerary as I hope we could well be going again next year if they are going from Harwich!!! We have been really struggling to try to decide what excursions to do in Iceland as there appears to be quite a lot of interest. From happy v's experiences and other posters we have now made some decisions but have been left thinking there are other things we'd like to do in each port - so a return visit could be just the ticket (the blue Lagoon beckons, happy v!). I'd be more than happy to return to Spirit for that (or is it Celebration - no I think we've moved past that scenario! :confused:).

It's a few years since we last did the North Cape too so wouldn't mind going there again either. Oh this looks promising! :)

It looks as though they've swapped the British isles and Fire & Ice cruise around with the British one now going from Newcastle and Fire & Ice from Harwich. I got that info from the 'Eskimos' cruise site.

I'd like to think it was all you kruzseeka after asking Fraser on the Q&A about more options for Harwich. ;)

It looks as though they've swapped the British isles and Fire & Ice cruise around with the British one now going from Newcastle and Fire & Ice from Harwich. I got that info from the 'Eskimos' cruise site.

I'd like to think it was all you kruzseeka after asking Fraser on the Q&A about more options for Harwich. ;)

Well it would be very flattering to think I may have had any influence - but I suspect it has more to do with a good marketing strategy to try to spread the options around the country a little.

Those from Scotland, the NE, NW and Midlands will have had the opportunity to do this itinerary this year (you only need to look at the range of the Leger transfers to get an idea of where Thomson expect their passenger pool to be drawn from - nearest departure point for us would have been Bristol).

Next year the South, SE and SW will be drawn into the range for Harwich departures for Fire & Ice and I'm sure there will be many like us who have read such good reviews of this itinerary that they will be been keen to try it too. Great to ring the changes and offer it (and other one-off itineraries) from different base ports. One way of keeping their clients' interest and custom by providing some variety! ;)

If any of us on here have, through suggestions or questions, helped to shape the thinking at HQ or at least given them pause for thought then it's been a very useful exercise and I, for one, am very happy with the outcome! :)

One more success for your idea of a Q&A Sailaway! Well done! ;)

Archived